Why are there no major band(s) in RS 2014? (Metallica, etc...)

MetallicaRules15

Question

• Administrator

Check the official Rocksmith Request infographic here. http://customsforge.com/topic/9291-rocksmith-infographic-requests/

Metallica most likely demands too much money and Ubisoft refused.

• Like 5

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

First of all there are major Bands in Rocksmith. I.E. White Stripes, Radiohead, Pantera, System of A Down, the list goes on and on. In fact there's practically no non-big time bands in Rocksmith or Rocksmith DLC, disregarding the Developers' music. Second: I'm pretty sure if Metallica, a very popular and impacting band on the music industry (regardless of my opinion on them), isn't on RS by now it's because Ubisoft or Metallica can't or doesn't want to make such deal.

• Like 2

Metallica did Guitar Hero game, it was quite a while ago, still there can be some issues with the rights. Besides we have all (almost) Metallica songs here. Though I would love to see Metric pack :wub:

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

well whatever the reason they didn't include them (personally I tend to believe it was the money reasons ;) )  Don't fret, there are many Metallica customs to choose from here thanks to the hard work of the skilled charters around here :) Grab a few (don't forget to thank the charters for their hard work creating them) and play your heart out bro ;)

• Like 1

They can't just do a DLC, they have to ask (copyright) and then they can do it. Maybe these bands said no.

They can't just "ask" for the songs since their aim is to make profit with the game so obviously the original creator(s) want their cut from the pie. So either they're being charged way too much to make it viable, or they're just being turned down right off the bat.

• Like 2

Why are there no major bands such as Metallica in RS 2014 in the DLC Shop? I just want to know why, I'm a skilled guitar player and I thing it would be good if they added Metallica or something of that sort. Tell me what you think!!! :)

My version of RS2014 came with Aerosmith, Pearl Jam, Boston, Alice in Chains, Def Leppard, Foo Fighters, Iron Maiden....

do we have a different definition of "major"?

• Like 13

The only "major" bands I see that aren't available as standard or as DLC are probably Metallica, AC/DC and i'd like to see Soundgarden or official Tool and Slipknot songs.

As always with these things, it isn't down to Ubisoft to just "create" these tracks, there are countless licensing issues.   The big thing is the likes of Metallica and AC/DC are huge bands and probably demand a bit more in terms of royalties.

It could also be that these two bands in particular are big enough that they could hold a release all of their own (as they both did with Guitar Hero and Rockband respectively).  Maybe they are waiting to see how sales of Rocksmith do and are waiting to release their own special editions?? 

Noticed the lack of official Gun's and Roses dlc too? Such a shame, though I doubt Axel and Slash could come to an agreement between themselves let alone Ubisoft.

Mirroring the above comment's, it's all about if Ubisoft can get a deal with the band/publisher, sometimes the offer doesn't even reach the band, just the label and they say no or ask too much, licensing issues etc....

I guess that's why we have ended up with a fantastic site such as this and a community to make them.

It's silly really, as we can make our own customs for educational purposes, so why they don't take what Ubi offers them etc.... I really don't know.... Of course Ubisoft may have licensing for some bands that they are holding out on for the next version of Rocksmith, we never know ;)

tris

If you define "major" as the bands/artists who sold the most records then The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. would be on top of the list.

The Beatles have sold more records then AC/DC, Metallica and Guns N'Roses together.

Is a question of tastes. You are talking about very legendary bands that have more time in the music world but atually they aren't in the top,we are talking about RS audience (and thanx god for that). Meanwhile Metallica is still on top of that,not top of your granny old records. For those all those bands you mention,I still prefeer Metallica over all. And for Madonna please not mention her again fo the sake of all of us. ;) You are an old dude by the way.

• Administrator

Is a question of tastes. You are talking about very legendary bands that have more time in the music world but atually they aren't in the top,we are talking about RS audience (and thanx god for that). Meanwhile Metallica is still on top of that,not top of your granny old records. For those all those bands you mention,I still prefeer Metallica over all. And for Madonna please not mention her again fo the sake of all of us. ;) You are an old dude by the way.

I can confirm for you that not everyone in the RS audience likes Metallica. I for one hate it. The musical preferences are quite wide. and age has nothing to do with that.

I like power metal myself and almost non of the popular power metal bands have no official Dlc yet. But oh well that's what cdlc is for.

• Like 4

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

If you define "major" as the bands/artists who sold the most records then The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, etc. would be on top of the list.

The Beatles have sold more records then AC/DC, Metallica and Guns N'Roses together.

he's hot old, you're just young. I'ts not your fault you just don't know anything yet.

• Like 2

Dude, prima donna guitar players. How did this trn into a lets insult each other fest? C-mo n guys, he asked a relevant quetsion, and got decent answers, let's not turn this into a how bad n I insult you by ragging on your musical tatstes fest. No, I dont care abouysyntax or spellig  right now, it's late, and I'm tired. I didn't quote the "offenders" because I hope to stop thed fire, not feul it.

Sometimes I just want to pick up a bass and never look back.

• Like 1