Can you ever that good, with rocksmith ?

Lancezh

Question

6 answers to this question

Is Offbeat out of sync (and in wrong tune) ?

There have been some dlc like that but not so many... most of them are corrected.

So if you are lucky you can find and play like them with some extreme rare rocksmith specimen.

Ultimately its more nerve than skill thing.

Sadly rocksmith gives you not nerves.

So answer is no... you can't do that with help of rocksmith,,, unless you are extremely lucky and long wired person.

By the way video didn't show up... until long wired re testing.

Be my guest and chart that thing, for long wire people like me.

Well you could, but it wouldn't be because of Rocksmith, but because you put the effort to practice enough to get to that level. Rocksmith provides a mean for the user to play and improve, but in the end, the user's the one who plays the songs.

Another important fact to ad is if you really want to play like pros, you need to have a lot of time to practice. You can't became a pro from a day to another but after years and years to come. So besides effort you must have the habit of playing regularly as you do Facebook or playing COD. In fact, real recognized pros sacrifice part of his life to become what they are. Thre's no the easy or the fastest road to success but only conviction and discipline.RS is just a tool and a complement for your learning habits.So good luck.

• Like 1

Yeah I also support all the users above, in their opinions. In order to improve you need to practice, you need to bleed on the guitar strings. Most people which you see in bands playing in an amazing style have their "job" in playing (guitar or other instruments). So this means an average daily efforts of 8 to 10 hours per day for this. For them this is not a hobby, is a job. For most of them this "job" blends with the passion for music and they are happy doing what they love most. But behind all those perfect performances are long hours of practice, joy, sometimes frustration and the will to continue, as not always things just evolve the way you want.

Rocksmith is just a tool, which attached to your guitar allows you to play with much more than an amplifier, an almost perfect tool for most of us who cannot afford spending too much time practicing and it allows you to practice in a more "competitive" and "stimulating" environment. Just an example: try to practice a hard song without the band besides you...when things are not working you could just abandon it....but with the band besides you, some portions are frustrating but others are good and day by day you see improvements. In my opinion, the fact that you are playing with the band pushes you forward. I can study an average of 1 hour per day...but I really see improvements every week, I can see that sometimes I adopt hand poses which are comfortable for me, in the easier songs I can even add one or two personal touches...

I would also love to play 100% Octavarium....I won't....but here I can play it at my level and enjoy it. For me, the ultimate goal, is to be able until next autumn to play the solos in Comfortably Numb...I'll see whether I can make my dream come true...But in the end it's up to me not up to Rocksmith.

Ok...I clearly went too far with my babbling so, I'll stop. 

Practice and you'll see progress

For me, the ultimate goal, is to be able until next autumn to play the solos in Comfortably Numb...I'll see whether I can make my dream come true...But in the end it's up to me not up to Rocksmith.

Well said. And its this song that drove me to pick up the guitar. Somehow this solo speaks to me in a way that other bands were not able to. It has soul and grabs my inner musician. With RS an the Great Custom Makers we have here I am able to play about 75 percent of this after a year and I practice about two hours a day. Also Marooned! Gettin better at that one.

I would like to play like this 15 year old gitl.

http://viral.buzz/video-pink-floyds-comfortably-numb-performed-by-15-year-old-french-guitarist/

Seriously watch it and you will cry.

• Like 1

For me, the ultimate goal, is to be able until next autumn to play the solos in Comfortably Numb...I'll see whether I can make my dream come true...But in the end it's up to me not up to Rocksmith.

Well said. And its this song that drove me to pick up the guitar. Somehow this solo speaks to me in a way that other bands were not able to. It has soul and grabs my inner musician. With RS an the Great Custom Makers we have here I am able to play about 75 percent of this after a year and I practice about two hours a day. Also Marooned! Gettin better at that one.

I would like to play like this 15 year old gitl.

http://viral.buzz/video-pink-floyds-comfortably-numb-performed-by-15-year-old-french-guitarist/

Seriously watch it and you will cry.

Well, Indeed, the show that little girl is giving is really touching...if I could play like her one day, I'd be overcoming my best dreams as a guitar player. She is really something. She really has an amazing speed...which I don't. Regarding the solo, she's playing it on some other tab compared to what we have here (not that she's not playing well) but there are years of hard practice behind those hands. I really envy those people which can make a living out of such a passion...me I just get a drop of peacefulness and sanity in a rather insane and grey day by day living I'm experiencing now.

But, videos like that demonstrate that you are the one setting the limits...

Thank you for that video :)