• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have (or know where i can get) any Binge and Purge or S&M versions of metallica songs? I much prefer their live sound

Theoretically it would be as simple as taking the existing chart and modifying the tempo, tuning, and either adding the live nuances by ear or simply omitting them.  It would take a decent amount of work to accomplish even if you weren't trying to be 100% accurate, but some people have done it (I know there's a Justice Medley chart floating around and I think I played a live version of NEM and some others).

From a standpoint of the work you have to put in to make one, I actually think it's more difficult than creating a chart for a studio recording no one else has created yet.  I've been working on an updated version of Whiskey In The Jar for a while (one that doesn't have sync/camera issues, unless something has changed recently, the Whiskey chart that's up currently makes it extremely difficult to see the solo/play it and may or may not have sync issues...not 100% on the sync thing).  The GPX file I'm working with has a difference from the chart (I think maybe it's the music video version or a live version) and a few bars are missing or different...you really do have to sit for hours (or at least I do) to make sure that your brand new chart lines up exactly with the audio file, and every little mistake made can be very frustrating and time consuming.  There are certainly a lot of people out there better at this than me though.

Here's a video of my updated Whiskey chart I'm going to release soon, unless someone has fixed it since I last played the old one that's been on here, this one's a pretty big improvement, I start at the solo because I decided to make a last minute change to an earlier part of the lead chart:  

It took me a lot more time and was certainly a lot more of a headache for me to do this than it was for me to create one of my COC CDLCs from scratch working only with a score in a PDF file.  With the COC songs, at least I could just robot my way through the process for the most part, but with this new Whiskey tab I had to do a lot more because I was working with GPX files that didn't line up with the audio track properly, it's hard to explain, but I'd have to imagine making an accurate S&M/Live Shit chart without having official tabs to work with and just using your ear would be quite difficult.

To answer your question though, do you mean playable Rocksmith CDLC versions?  Guitarpro tabs?  If CDLC, then my answer above is about all I can provide, I don't think there are other places out there that would have it but I could be wrong.  As far as tabs are concerned, I'd have to look, but I'm sure there are some floating around on ultimate-guitar, etc

• 2 months later...

So. for those who have been wondering where the hell I've been. I decided to put off making new customs UNTIL I can by the best tab/highest rated tab books I could find for the And Justice for All... Album and the rest of the Metallica albums I need to do. Why? Well I want the most damn accurate, best looking, best playing customs out there. I don't just import shit, slap a tone on it and put it out there. I want it to be Official DLC quality. A lot of my newer DLCs are close to that quality but sometimes I am unsure of the tabs. So... This is my solution. To tab the song with a tab from the internet.. then use the books to make corrections to the tabs.

Its a lot more work then just syncing it and throwing it on this website like a lot of people do.. but it will be worth it. Thanks for the patience.

More will be coming soon. I plan on buying a couple of books out of my next pay check.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know where I can a working version of the Justice Medley?  The only one showing on Custom Forge doesn't seem to be working correctly.. When I add it to the DLC folder it doesn't show up in Rocksmith 2014.  I have many other CDLC that work just fine and have used Rocksmith with CDLC for years.

Any help is appreciated :)  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone know where I can a working version of the Justice Medley?  The only one showing on Custom Forge doesn't seem to be working correctly.. When I add it to the DLC folder it doesn't show up in Rocksmith 2014.  I have many other CDLC that work just fine and have used Rocksmith with CDLC for years.

It's a late reply as I don't come here too often, but my best piece of advice for the Justice Medley is to actually learn the songs in it first. I actually learned the entire Justice album before I knew about Binge and Purge, and then when I heard the medley, it was very easy to figure out where songs started and stopped.

In short it would be: The beginning of Eye of the Beholder, the middle section of Blackened before the solo, the beginning-ish of Frayed Ends of Sanity, a giant huge part of Justice starting after the very long intro, and back into the pre verse riff into the first verse and chorus of Blackened.

Edit: Great work @@Snake3169

Just be aware that even a lot of stuff in the books are wrong unfortunately. I've been playing in a Metallica tribute band for a year now, and when I need to figure out what they're really doing, I have to watch 10's of live videos of them playing. It's really the best way I think. There's the beginning riff of Leper that's written completely wrong in the current MoP released books. Orion isn't even completely correct either, along with the intro to Damage Inc. I can find spots in all of the official books that things are just wrong unfortunately.

I guess it just depends on what your goals are. Perfectly accurate album tabs will require a lot of live investigation to get correct.

Hey guys! i'm planing to do some stuff from Load and Reload. If you have any requests let me know! I'll start by charting The Unforgiven II and Fixxxer 

Snake, if you need any help with the charts, let me know and i would be very pleased to help you! 

9A7alLl.jpg

Hey guys! i'm planing to do some stuff from Load and Reload. If you have any requests let me know! I'll start by charting The Unforgiven II and Fixxxer 

Snake, if you need any help with the charts, let me know and i would be very pleased to help you! 

Well lot of my load and reload stuff, I did ages ago. I've learned a lot since then. Feel free to do those songs if you want. I am going to be doing Hardwired to self destruct and Black Album stuff. I am trying to get every metallica song as close to official DLC as I can.

It's a late reply as I don't come here too often, but my best piece of advice for the Justice Medley is to actually learn the songs in it first. I actually learned the entire Justice album before I knew about Binge and Purge, and then when I heard the medley, it was very easy to figure out where songs started and stopped.

In short it would be: The beginning of Eye of the Beholder, the middle section of Blackened before the solo, the beginning-ish of Frayed Ends of Sanity, a giant huge part of Justice starting after the very long intro, and back into the pre verse riff into the first verse and chorus of Blackened.

Edit: Great work @@Snake3169

Just be aware that even a lot of stuff in the books are wrong unfortunately. I've been playing in a Metallica tribute band for a year now, and when I need to figure out what they're really doing, I have to watch 10's of live videos of them playing. It's really the best way I think. There's the beginning riff of Leper that's written completely wrong in the current MoP released books. Orion isn't even completely correct either, along with the intro to Damage Inc. I can find spots in all of the official books that things are just wrong unfortunately.

I guess it just depends on what your goals are. Perfectly accurate album tabs will require a lot of live investigation to get correct.

As for this, never trust watching a live performance to learn how to play a song.. ESPECIALLY with Metallica, they tune down for live shows, so nothing that they play live is close to how they played it when recording it. I mean, if you tune down yourself when playing, I suppose it is fine.. but I am trying to figure out how it was played on the album, not how they do it live. So I have to look at all the sources I can find and then make an educated guess with my ear.. does this sound right? or does this sound right?

Lots of people who do customs just slap in a guitar pro tab, sync it.. throw a tone on there and release it. I don't do that. For my hardwired release, I watched the making of Hardwired to self destruct video, kirk plays the whole solo in the video.. I had a tab book that gives the same tabs for it AND had guitar pro source for it. I only had to make minor corrections from it with the help of the video and the tabs.

the making of videos have been a HUGE help on Hardwired album so far for me. So has the tab book I have. I think my best customs have been off the hardwired stuff so far. 

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, great1saiyaman said:

hi. most of the links in this threat are dead

Most of the links in the workshop thread died because of the changeover to Ignition 4 and the new link format.

They should still exist (mostly) in the database if you search for them, or you can take the number at the end part of the url and add it to https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/

eg
http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/all-nightmare-long-r2074
to
https://ignition4.customsforge.com/cdlc/2074

Wonder if old link redirection would be added at somepoint

Ea3cCUQ.png                                                                   「愛こそすべて ,ギルティキス」                                         Gh59blB.png

Utsu-P Discography                                           Modding thread (dead)                                        1000 songs hype