Metallica

Snake3169

That's a real shame, because I really enjoyed your customs :( I could be your chief tester, if you needed your Metallica customs tested? ;) I hope you change your mind. There are a lot of appreciative people on this forum who like what you do and it's a pity to give it up for just one or two mindless people who take a mile when offered an inch....

• Like 1

Unfortunately at this moment in time I am not allowed to share other peoples customs, maybe in the future but however at the moment. I cannot. I apologize.

**Edited by ForgeOn

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give you a general feedback on this discography project from the point of view of someone who has entered the whole world of Rocksmith and CDLC less than two weeks ago.

To me, the songlist in the first post seems quite "misleading" in the sense that it lists a lot of CDLC that seem to be have created somewhere by someone, but are not publicly available.

For example "Nothing else matters" is listed as "(2012) (2014, Lead only)", but I cannot find it in the database, nor in a WIP thread.

I hardly know anything about the reasons why SA stopped and I have no idea what the difference between SA and http://www.rscustom.net/dlc is, but somehow I stumbled upon the latter and the search reveals that "Nothing else matters" had been posted there - yet there is no download link. All in all, less than half of the listed songs can actually be found through the customsforge search engine (quick count of "2014" tags).

I explained that I find the song list misleading and see two consequences:

• Consumers see that CDLC exists and demand a download link - while at the same time a lot of those CDLC are not available for whatever reason. This puts pressure onto those who may still have them but are not officially allowed to share them, and may result in bad feelings for a lot of persons, including the original charter (who's decision not to share some content we must simply accept)
  • Charters who would be willing to recreate unavailable CDLC might get confused, whether those will become available someday... and this may stop them from creating content

By reading through this forum the last days, I understood that customsforge now is the one and only place to celebrate the joy of CDLC, to enable charters and consumers to get together and to make consumers happy by letting them download customs, while making charters happy by seeing that people enjoy their work.

In this sense, customsforge represents the creativity of the CDLC community, and so does this thread with regard to the efforts on Metallica.

Therefore a great band deserves a great and productive discography list!

The bottom line of my post is that I suggest a cleanup of the list:

Only the content that is actually available or has been confirmed by the charter to be made availbable should be included there. This will prohibit a lot of false expections and hurt feelings - as seen in this thread. It must have been a lot of work, but The Muse Projekt seems to me like a perfect and beautiful example!

Regards,

Azrael

Well... I hope this was appropriate feedback, my apologies if I simply misunderstood something. But I just couldn't get those words out of my head, so I had to write them down, if you know what I mean...

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Az, the thing is .. all this DLC DOES exist and HAS been created.. all I did was cut and paste this post back from smithy anvil where all this DLC was available at. Then Glen decided to pull all of his DLC.. and nino83 had computer issues and lost all of his DLC.. now Nino83 has given me permission to share his DLC.. and has even asked me to reupload it. However per forum rules. I am not allowed to share someone elses DLC ON THIS FORUM.

but also know everything on this list WILL be available eventually.. if there are good tabs for it.. it will become available and will eventually be able to be downloaded.

Snake, thanks for taking your time and explaining this!

As I recognized, you already marked Glen's DLC accordingly, so in fact those are the only ones that have to be recreated.

The rest will migrate to this database eventually, so we just need to be patient and wait for the problems to be sorted out - good to know!

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.