Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 57

Mortalo

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

the other version, I don't know the author, but with good tabs and much too short sections.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dv2qvgfxzw68qb9/ACDC%20-%20Money%20Talks_p.psarc?dl=0

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Omg - sorry for so much trouble with Moneytalks....

Its above my level so, o.c. It seemed hard.

There where lots of dls of the ver, and positive comments.

Just love the song and put it up for competition - sorry, its a pain its not adequate, i hope frip has a link to a propper ver EDIT: just posted above - i hope we can use this...

Again, sorry but i think there is no way avoiding such a situation if we put songs in the CS above our levels, which we really shoud keep doing...

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

You would think that something signed by @@Gnobiwan and @@spellbound is correct, especially AC/DC.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I played. I seen charts you posted. I also found charts same as used by Gnobiwan. Thing is that Gnobiwan used spellbounds charts. And it's hard for me to believe that they could do it wrong. That's why I don't know what to think. I'm confused.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I used "official" sheet music and hand charted them into Guitar Pro. I didn't use some random tab found on the internet. 

I try to use sheet music even when I find a random tab that sounds off. It takes me a good 5 hours just to tab them out from alt tabbing from pdf scans.

I don't get paid to make these. Bad charting comments really hurt, and could have been phrased alot differently. I think I may have to take a break after reading this.

• Like 3

It was sheet music, from the publishers that handle AC/DC's music. I hardly think it was wrong. Just because someone on youtube found an easier way to play, doesn't mean its the way its played.

Once I am off work I will play through the song again myself and see what all the fuss is about.

• Like 3

@@Gnobiwan, there are too many notes in the chords, than this official sheet seems to be wrong.

Just take a look at Angus fingers and positions in this video

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Angus plays the same than the other videos shown. And I often have seen wrong "official" tabs.

I just noticed I forgot to post this video from last week....

Lead IM:

OMG! I'm so glad I made the switch to bass! :)

Sorry @@missis sumner, I didn't get that.... I play both instruments and atm I really don't know which I like the most.... I think it's 50-50 :lol:

Now seriously, for me, guitar and bass are totally different instruments (I know I just stated the obvious to everybody), I love the groove that a bass gives when playing, it's really awesome and it reminds me of the time when I was a DJ and I can't get that from the guitar... but, with the guitar there are the chords, bends, tremolos, vibratos, the solos, which gives me immense pleasure to play (or better saying, I'm trying to play), so for me the 2 instruments complement each other.... I never played drums, cause I think if I ever tried I would also want to play that too :lol:

• Like 2

Im sorry everyone is upset....I never checked to see if Gnobiwan charted incorrectly from the sheet music I sent him but I suspect he did it correctly and directly from the sheet music. The tabs I sent were from a "so called" official AC/DC tab book HONEST...its possible something went wrong and possibly even printed in the book incorrectly (it does happen now and then) ill look into it further...but please people, no need to go on a witch hunt here...we are all human and mistakes can happen (although at this point im not sure if there is a mistake yet but will do some research).... sorry for any inconvenience ....

Please try to remember these are charted for your enjoyment and its just a game. And also remember there are more than one way to play almost any arrangement

• Like 4

Now seriously, for me, guitar and bass are totally different instruments (I know I just stated the obvious to everybody), I love the groove that a bass gives when playing, it's really awesome and it reminds me of the time when I was a DJ and I can't get that from the guitar... but, with the guitar there are the chords, bends, tremolos, vibratos, the solos, which gives me immense pleasure to play (or better saying, I'm trying to play), so for me the 2 instruments complement each other.... I never played drums, cause I think if I ever tried I would also want to play that too :lol:

Well, I could never get past chords…  I think I got C and D, and that's about it.  I quite fancy some drums… :D

Anyway, back on topic - a very slight improvement:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49Qq-EFnmrKZ0JVeFhEZUI1akk/view?usp=sharing

It's still not recognising some notes, even with my well set up bass.  Or perhaps I am just crap?   :)

• Like 2

@@Gnobiwan , don't feel bad! I would expect official charts to be correct too. Chords especially have a lot of equivalent shapes that make the same note, I'm sure the notes aren't wrong even if the shapes aren't exactly what they play.

I have yet to touch AC/DC this week but I'll throw my opinion on the file in when I have time. Maybe after Korean karaoke!

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Drums are my main and first instrument, and getting good at drums made me appreciate bass so much more. I love how you can physically feel the sub waves, and how bass is just as percussive as it is melodic.

Rock Band 3's Pro Drums is basically for drums what Rocksmith is for guitar. If you're ever interested in picking up the art of slapping skins, RB3 is a really great way to learn.

• Like 1

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Im sorry everyone is upset....I never checked to see if Gnobiwan charted incorrectly from the sheet music I sent him but I suspect he did it correctly and directly from the sheet music. The tabs I sent were from a "so called" official AC/DC tab book HONEST...its possible something went wrong and possibly even printed in the book incorrectly (it does happen now and then) ill look into it further...but please people, no need to go on a witch hunt here...we are all human and mistakes can happen (although at this point im not sure if there is a mistake yet but will do some research).... sorry for any inconvenience ....

Please try to remember these are charted for your enjoyment and its just a game. And also remember there are more than one way to play almost any arrangement

The bass is good.  B)

this song is really fun

and improved :D

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141124/xqewmytt.jpg

now I have to practice the outro solo

• Like 4

Thanks for the advice @@Gamut, but with these 2 instruments I barely have time left for anything else, much less with 3 :lol:

I've played both AC/DC versions, the file @ posted the link for and the one in the OP.

The file in the OP has the same notes/chords as the other one and it has all 3 arrangements. The chords are very difficult, I can't play them, but I've tried the main riff the both ways VERY SLOWLY and they sound the same, so I don't think either chart is wrong, it's just the chord shapes that are different, but I can be totally wrong, I'm no expert at all.

The other file only has lead, so no bass :(.... as far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with the bass arrangement from the file in the OP.

Btw, the score I got with the chords was 61% and with the other very simple version, I got 82%, so there's a big difference the way the notes are played, I don't know if that's important or not.

As for the other songs...

1st SA runs...

Lead BG:

http://s6.postimg.org/jqn5fk7o1/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_57_Lead_BG_2_94.jpg

Rhythm BG:

http://s6.postimg.org/rxf574xqp/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_57_Rhythm_BG_2_97.jpg

Bass BG:

http://s6.postimg.org/3uybc9h3l/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_57_Bass_BG_2_99.jpg

Lead IM:

http://s6.postimg.org/qkxg590b5/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_57_Lead_IM_2_89.jpg

Rhythm IM:

http://s6.postimg.org/e7p7c300h/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_57_Rhythm_IM_2_86.jpg

Bass ADV:

http://s6.postimg.org/63h37cdld/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_57_Bass_AD_2_94.jpg

Lead MC: (I can't play this or the rhythm arrangement in SA without getting XXX :()

http://s6.postimg.org/iw5779p75/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_57_Lead_MC_2_78.jpg

Rhythm MC:

http://s6.postimg.org/ja6j6v9ap/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_57_Rhythm_MC_2_78.jpg

Bass MC:

http://s6.postimg.org/8omnuv2z5/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_57_Bass_MC_2_92.jpg

Ok after looking into the tabbing I sent to Gnobiwan a little more for the AC/DC.....I agree that it wasn't the best choice (but it did come from an official AC/DC tab book believe it or not)  I had sent him several tabs to several songs at the same time and to be honest never really looked them over first...my bad :(     It is in fact NOT the way I have learned to play this song either and agree there are better ways to play this arrangement. I wish someone would have brought this to my attention before it became a problem for your competitions.  I feel bad for this error and think I will step back from trying to contribute to customs for a while.  I must be getting a little burned out to have missed this.....please accept my apologies and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

cheers

• Like 1

This whole AC/DC conversation reminds me of Jimmy Paige and Rock Band/Guitar Hero, he never let Led Zeppelin music on there because he wants people to learn the official real version. Which is probably why wont ever see a zeppelin pack on Rocksmith, he wants people to play the real version of Stairway to Heaven, Bad Dog, Immigrant Song, etc, Not some "easier" version that the people at Ubisoft might put together for Rocksmith.

I say keep the version of Moneytalks as it is for the tournament, unless Angus Young himself comes on here and says its wrong and posts the correct version. This song was requested by one of us, and instead of B****ing about how correct it is suck it up and play it. Its a hard week for everybody, and this week is going to make those that practice these songs and work hard better and those that want "the easier version" to be below us, and im fine with that. Adversity makes you better, not comfort.

To quote a Tool song, "I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.

And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.

We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been."

So spiral your guitar playing out, and keep going.

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)