Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 57

Mortalo

@@then3verend would be more good, if you looked live video AcDc posted by frippchen, before to write your post about easier version. I don,t see any sense to learn unplayable and wrong positions. And think, it is not criminal to play more easy way if sound same for Led zepellin. bad idea forced people to play not so as they want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xD5dHC2jgw

@ :31 @3:39 and the thumbnail, That right there looks like some pretty freaky chord structures, and Angus Young kinda makes them look easy. . .

Plus while the video @ posted has "live footage,' its still just a music video, and if you think artists take music videos seriously back then...well, watch the drummer here, and Drummers, tell me hes drumming correctly https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xZOrWK6d4g

and heres a screenshot of @:39

http://s23.postimg.org/gdhh8fcii/Screenshot_1.jpg

And there is a HUGE difference in tone when you dont play that chord correctly, or in an easier way, sure you might find a way to get the same note and same sound, but the tone can change drastically.

Plus here's a question, Angus Young isnt stupid at guitar writing nor is he a beginner at guitar, why didnt he write and/or play an "easier" version of the chords?

I also think too Angus was one of the famous guitar players for using his thumb on the frets, he was also big on using playing two strings for tremolos, Its really useful to learn these techniques, it can build your comfort and your skills as an artist

Take spider chords for example, theyre hard As fill-in-the-blank to learn, and you can learn a much simpler way to play the exact same chord structure, but the tone is so much more sloppy unless you dont use the spider chords.

Edited by then3verend
  • Like 5

Many nice scores on all songs :)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@then3verend sorry but I'm sure the easy way is right. Take the chords and look at the notes. And also use your ears, maybe you do not hear it, but in the music the chords are almost powerchords, no 3rd, but of course you can play more notes as needed, and why don't put the7th also into the chords to make it more hard er unplayable. Just trust me, I'm shure the "easy"

way is the only right one, the other is just unplayable (if you dont want to spend months in practicing this song).

Angus for shure is a good guitarist, but look at all that AC/DC stuff and show me a really hard song lol

All these books and high rated tabs must be compared with the musik before making customs of them.

And if something is written in a songbook just take it as a reference not as a law, cause of one song may exist many different played versions.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@then3verend OMG As you looked video by AC/DC live?  :lol:  

"some pretty freaky chord structures"

3:39 Simpe 2 notes 6-th string and 2-th string at 3 fret and open strings

Intro - played chrods with one( two at some live) notes near 12 fret and 2 open strings.

Or you simple love to argue with no causes?

P.s. "Tone change drastically",  in RS!  :)  there anyway can not be good tone, cheap cable and with bad ADC, digital pedal ditorsion, crap noise gate, shit effect reverl lattency.  Anyway it is the game for fun.

p.s. Listen @, if dont trust my. He realy good picks up on hearing. It has been repeatedly convinced.

I'm not sure that Gobiwan chart is not good.

The Chords are playable and have this "Angus sound" we like, they are just difficult to put together for me.

If I were a pro and gifted as Angus Young I would probably found them easyer...

To be sure we need an official tab... It must exist somewhere.

This is not so important...

A custom arrangement is welcome for amateur guitarists like us... 

@@steroma Don`t undertand your, people, there video proff with live AC/DC where can see as right to play , a lot learn video at youtube, but anyway you say that Gnobiwan did right chart. May be this chord separated sounds similar, but it  not right positions, and impossible to paly it with right accents and sutains on this way.

• Like 3

@@KJParsley I hope you joined now and will have fun with us, playing a songs with comfortable level difficult.

Thanks for the encouragement.  I've been lurking here for a while waiting till my skills reach the point of playing a song, rather than playing AT a song.  I picked up Rocksmith and a guitar a few months ago for the first time since the ancient days of my youth.  I'm finally reaching the stage where I might be able to make a submission without being too terribly embarrassed, but I will be out of town a few days for the holidays so I'm not sure I'll make it this week.  If not, I'll keep plucking, and somewhere along the way I'll figure out how to make the screenies for posting the scores...  

Thanks, again!

• Like 5

Since there is so much space in Walk This Way between me and the other competitors I have some time for that:

@Gnobiwan@spellbound I would try to make a quick-rechart of that song if you permit. If I start now it can be finished today or tomorrow evening, just in time for the competition.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

I would sacrifice Deathray and put Paschendale by Iron Maiden on Master Class D:

Dont you dare :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Although I'm not playing in the class of the AC/DC song, I think we could have a little more of calm talking about this issue... the reason I say this is because I've seen this type of discussions and I know what the end looks like.... I don't like it, it's not pretty at all and from my own experience in the past, this can be avoided if all just talk with respect to each other.

I don't want to be misinterpreted, so I'll explain....

The way I see it, the only reason why it has been discussed the charting of the custom being good or bad, it's because the custom was picked for the CS and truth to be told, the custom is hard to play, BUT not unplayable.

I state that because I asked a friend that has been an active guitar player for more than 20 years, he plays in a band for several years, has been to music school and has been a guitar teacher about both charts and he said they were both correct.

He's the best guitar player I've seen in the entire RS community (and no, he's not registered here), so I trust his judgment a lot.

He said that the custom from @@Gnobiwan isn't wrong, BUT it's not the way Angus used to play the song live, although it was the way the song was recorded in studio. According to what he explained to me, the official tab that @@Gnobiwan and @@spellbound used is the OFFICIAL tab, meaning that it was the way the song was written on a tab sheet.

That's usually the tab used to record the studio versions of the songs, but then when the bands go out to play live, they re-arrange the chart in order to be a bit easier to play on stage, mostly because of the moving around the stage, jumping and in the case of Angus, "duck walking".... and we are talking about guitarists that play their entire lives. Ofc this does not apply to every band or every song, but he said it's a basic routine that guitarists do (I realized at this point why some Satriani and Vai songs that I love sound a bit different between the album version and the live version(s)).

Knowing this doesn't surprise me at all that I can't play the song and most of the players in the Advanced class have lots of difficulties getting a good score, but has anybody in here been playing for over 20 years non-stop, way before something like RS was even considered to be possible to exist someday?

So my point is, don't say a tab (custom) is wrong, just because we can't play it and get good scores or because you watched a youtube video teaching how to play the song in a different way. We humans have a tendency to choose the easiest path, it's kind in our nature, and sometimes we overreact on something we like to do a lot and all of the sudden it seems like we can't do it, so we just "blame" the chart, not the player.

Instead, I would suggest that each and everyone of us just analyze things to it's full extent before making affirmations that might not be completely accurate and can sometimes hurt someone's feelings, specially when we are talking about customs that people do just for fun and pleasure, taking a lot of hours to do it and not receiving any money for it..... I think we should keep this in mind above all else.

To finalize an extremely long post, I think that we should accept @'s suggestion, if @@Gnobiwan and @@spellbound don't mind ofc, and he can create a more accessible chart for us to play, that way no custom is right or wrong and everybody stays happy.... what do you guys think?

P.S.: I want to emphasize that all that I've written is directed to all, me included, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone, I just don't want to see something like this escalating to other levels like I've seen in the past and just a last reminder... although we all post in English, sometimes due to our very different and varied cultural backgrounds, certain words/sentences might be interpreted the wrong way, so don't jump to conclusions before being certain that what was written is what you think it is (I say this because it happened to me in the past too, and it could be completely avoided with a simple "Is that what you meant?")

Just my 2cents about this :)

• Like 12

Hear hear @@Kaijin. The civil unrest was unnerving but your wise words are the epitome of diplomacy. Thankyou for pointing out that so tactfully. /polite applause :)

• Like 5

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

@@Kaijin Tricky step you did. Now, seems everyone is rights.  :)

:lol:

That was funny @... but I did nothing except saying what everybody already knows.

All of us sometimes just forget the basic things, because we are so used to them and we always look for everything to be as perfect as possible (imho another human trait that we could spare, if it was possible).

It happens to me all the time and in RL, many times it's my son with just 7 years old that says "Hey dad, why did you react like that when you tell me not to do it myself?", which I have to reply "Uhmmm, you're right" :)

I've never talked with @@Gnobiwan, but I know @@spellbound and as far as I can tell, they won't mind if @ "works his magic" and quickly makes a version to play in the CS.... btw, I don't know how you do it @, but to me you're like a "custom making machine", in a good sense ofc. You must know how to work with EoF like the palm of your hand. :D

but has anybody in here been playing for over 20 years non-stop, way before something like RS was even considered to be possible to exist someday?

yes, me :)  I play since about 25 years, nonstop, and played in any bands + did any studio productions with them. I also teach guitar playing since about 15 years and my ears are well trained I can say. But you were right. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings here, just say that nobody would play it like that. I try to prevent you from learning songs in a unnecessary complicated way, that causes only frustration. I try to make a playable version of the song now.

• Like 4

but has anybody in here been playing for over 20 years non-stop, way before something like RS was even considered to be possible to exist someday?

yes, me :)  I play since about 25 years, nonstop, and played in any bands + did any studio productions with them. I also teach guitar playing since about 15 years and my ears are well trained I can say. But you were right. I don't want to hurt anyones feelings here, just say that nobody would play it like that. I try to prevent you from learning songs in a unnecessary complicated way, that causes only frustration. I try to make a playable version of the song now.

That's why you are so good in music and that's what I meant. I didn't said in the previous post, but my friend said the same thing you just said, "prevent you from learning songs in a unnecessary complicated way, that causes only frustration".

I agree, many times in the past I had doubts, questions that I asked him and he always told me "play the way you feel more comfortable with, otherwise you're not having fun, you're struggling to achieve something and that's not the best way to learn something you really want".

I'm glad to know we have among us a very experienced musician.... now that you said that, I might bother you with questions about guitar playing every now and then, if you don't mind ofc :)

• Like 2

I work with Guitar Pro, and I was already at Moneytalks, the whole Lead Guitar was finished, just the solo needed any changes but then my Guitar Pro crashed before I could save the file :angry:

Now I have to start from the beginning (in a few hours when I've got time for it)

Guitar Pro is an amazing program, but I don't have any knowledge on how to work with it, except to view .gp* files, my knowledge is limited to EoF, the CSC toolkit and a little of GoPlayAlong, nothing more.

Program crashing without being able to save the file.... ouch, I also know that feeling, not a very good one.

Beginner Lead - 92.75%, 102 streak

Beginner Rhythm - 96.73%, 100 streak

Even though I hit almost all of that long chord slides, I don't like them.

Intermediate Lead - 94.66%, 76 streak

Intermediate Rhythm - 94%, 120 streak

Awesome song. And it looks llike I'm missing mostly on power chords :wacko:

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I work with Guitar Pro, and I was already at Moneytalks, the whole Lead Guitar was finished, just the solo needed any changes but then my Guitar Pro crashed before I could save the file :angry:

Now I have to start from the beginning (in a few hours when I've got time for it)

All of my coding teachers were always emphasizing on saving as frequently as you can. Now I'm pressing ctrl+s without even thinking about that. Unless it's not so easy with GuitarPro.

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I have the same feeling towards the long chord slides of the BG song @@Mortalo, funny that you mention them.

I also like the IM song a lot, never heard it before (or the band's name), but it's very cool, although I'm missing the power chords too.... need more playthroughs and record the run to watch after and see what I'm doing wrong....

• Like 1

I would sacrifice Deathray and put Paschendale by Iron Maiden on Master Class D:

Paschendale is so epic :D

Deathray is soooo B-Movie!

Just great

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Paschendale is so epic :D

Deathray is soooo B-Movie!

Just great

Then you should listen to the whole album! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avvmwrkp710

9A7alLl.jpg

That's usually the tab used to record the studio versions of the songs, but then when the bands go out to play live, they re-arrange the chart in order to be a bit easier to play on stage, mostly because of the moving around the stage, jumping and in the case of Angus, "duck walking"....

Lots of beer, don't forget the beer binge before the show :)

• Like 3

Many nice scores on all songs :)