File naming convention - idea..

Grady

Question

... or better a wish :wink:

First wanna say hello. It's my first post here and have to say I love this page :wub:

Not sure if this has been discussed earlier, search didn't help me.

My wish/idea is to install a kind of naming convention to include the version of the cdlc in the file name.

I.e. "Ozzy_Osbourne_Mr_Crowley_v2_p.psarc" instead of only "The_Beatles_Twist_And_Shout_p.psarc".

This would make it way easier to determine if local files are outdated.

It of cause depends on all cdlc creators to follow this convention but i think it's worth it.

cheers,

Grady

PS. sorry if my english isn't perfect.

4 answers to this question

The suggestion has been made. As everything here is voluntary, including the massive amount of time the developers put into their work, it's difficult to demand they do something like that. We are making an attempt to make it easier for the end users to know which version they are downloading it. After you download it, if you need to change the file names to keep track of it, think of it as your part to help the development. :)

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

i think it's a real good idea, not only to follow updates but to have some sorting method in the dlc folder.

i don't think it's asking too much for forgers to do this. they put a lot of effort on the songs, follow a simple naming convention shouldn't be much of a problem for them, maybe it can include some sort of credit of the author to be fair.

The newer versions of the toolkit do add the v1/v2 on the end of a file name by default.  If you're finding customs that don't include that, then they either pre-date that version of the toolkit or the person making them isn't filling out the "version" field.

This.

I will tell you what's wrong and you will accept this information.