New guy with a question :D

dantheguy

Question

Hi there guys! I'm new here at CustomsForge and just wanted to use this as my introduction post AND my first question.

Anyway, I'm using the PC version of Rocksmith 2014 and so far, I've been playing a lot more guitar than I ever have in my life and actually playing entire songs instead of 10 different intro riffs.  :lol:

My question though, is regarding the DLCs on Steam and the apparent need to own the original Rocksmith. I've tried to buy the Pantera, A7x and Blink 182 DLCs, as well as Lamb of God's Redneck but it says that I have to own the original Rocksmith first. Is there a way around this? I mean, it seems kinda weird that they wouldn't make the older songs compatible with the newer version of their software....

Can anyone help? Or is there a patch I need to download?

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

The dlc is compatible, however there is a bug of sorts with Steam. As part of Steam's way of protecting users from making incorrect purchases, you cannot buy DLC for a game you don't own.

Both Steam and Ubisoft have acknowledged the problem and claim to be trying to resolve it, but it's been this way since RS2014 came out so who knows if it will ever get fixed.

Most users wait for the big Steam sales to buy the original RS at a discount. They'll likely be having one for Black Friday/Cyber Monday but I don't know if RS will be included.

• Like 1

On amazon.de Rocksmith 1 is only 9,95 €

http://www.amazon.de/Ubisoft-Rocksmith-PC-Steam-Code/dp/B009S6XAKE/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1417081458&sr=8-16&keywords=rocksmith

... wow, and also Rocksmith 2014 is only 9,99 € ???

http://www.amazon.de/Rocksmith-2014-Edition-Steam-Code/dp/B00G9E4FZW/ref=pd_cp_vg_0

Does anyone know if those are offers for a limited time? I might grab Rocksmith 1 and the disk importer...

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

... wow, and also Rocksmith 2014 is only 9,99 € ???

http://www.amazon.de/Rocksmith-2014-Edition-Steam-Code/dp/B00G9E4FZW/ref=pd_cp_vg_0

Does anyone know if those are offers for a limited time? I might grab Rocksmith 1 and the disk importer...

RS 2014 is still at 29,95€

The RS2014 boxed edition is 24,99 and the steam code is 29,95€.. How strange is that? The boxed edition includes the DVD and shipping and is cheaper then the steam code which is only a code send by mail..

Wow, Rocksmith 2014 PC Steam Code was definitely at 9,99 € a couple of hours ago... weird.

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.