Wwise giving me .ogg not .wem

favor

Question

Why is Wwise giving me .ogg files instead of a .wem like I need?

ALSO, when I try to import the .XML file I get an error message saying: "You are using an old version of EoF application, please update first" and it won't allow me to add the .XML file... My EoF is NOT out of date, I just updated it to make sure.

5 answers to this question

Just to clarify because I made this same mistake when I first started making CDLC:

There's two things you need to download for eof:

• The zip file with the latest eof its got a whole bunch of stuff
  • The hotfix which is just a new eof.exe file

replace the eof.exe file from the zip archive with the hotfix .exe and it should work properly. 

As for the .ogg's, if you're getting .ogg files that means you're still using Wwise 2010 you need Wwise 2013

Many of my old links are broken in old topics find My Custom Charts here at this updated link

Why is Wwise giving me .ogg files instead of a .wem like I need?

They are as stated in the tutorial video

in the default project folder, normally under: documents/WwiseProjects/"your song or file name"/.cache/windows/sfx/ , and there you should see your ".wem" files.

But the .cache folder is a hidden folder, so you might want to set your folder options to show hidden and system files.