Man, I've tried everything....

bucho58

Question

I have gone over all of the help advice and I cannot get cdlc to work. I have the PC / steam version of RS and RS2014. I noticed that RS2014 has a DX9 in the original setup ( the 2.5 mg version) but when you replace it with the smaller dx9 the songs will not run. I am trying to go after Sweet child o Mine and the song plays, shows up in the game and the tuning starts but the song hangs before the runway starts.

I have even had to reload RS and RS2014 from steam to get the dlc to run again. I am about to give up. Any other advice?

Thank you

6 answers to this question

I noticed that RS2014 has a DX9 in the original setup ( the 2.5 mg version) but when you replace it with the smaller dx9 the songs will not run.

You shouldn't be replacing the original 'DX9' file. Simply copy "D3DX9_42.dll" into the "\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014" folder.

All my customs can be found here :)

Thank you so much for the help. I actually got it to work.... Once. I have to use the patcher. The first time I used it, it worked and I was in glory for an hour, learning Sweet Child o Mine. It does work. Problem now is I have no idea how I got it to work. Anyone have strict instructions on how the patcher and steam work? Every time I try to get it to run now, it goes to some weird RS2014 land where there are no profiles and it asks you to start over.

Thank you so much for the help. I actually got it to work.... Once. I have to use the patcher. The first time I used it, it worked and I was in glory for an hour, learning Sweet Child o Mine. It does work. Problem now is I have no idea how I got it to work. Anyone have strict instructions on how the patcher and steam work? Every time I try to get it to run now, it goes to some weird RS2014 land where there are no profiles and it asks you to start over.

Help I am having the same problem! Did you ever figure out what you did to make it work?