Anyway to play songs without tuning?

raybarboni123456

Question

I know the obvious answer to this would be to get a second guitar, but unfortunately my budget doesn't allow that. 

Anyways, is this at all possible? I hate constantly tuning the guitar from Eb to E, not that it's hard or time consuming, but because it's killing my string life. Plus it's annoying to want to only play one song but it's in Eb and I'm tuned for E. So I tune to Eb, play the song then tune back to E to play other songs... not good for the strings.

Would it be at all possible to be able to play an Eb song (or any other tuning) with standard E tuning?

• Administrator

You can't.

Drop D tuning (and drop tuning in general) are made by only changing the tuning of some specific strings and not all of them. Pitch effect will always affect all of your strings at once so you can go from E std to Eb std to C std without touching the tuners of your guitar but for going to E std to Drop D or Open D for exemple you will have to tune "manually". But you'll be able to drop from E drop D to D drop C without touching the tuners again.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity