Jimi Hendrix Offical DLC 12 Song Pack!

TimeIsFading

Question

Apparently if you’re a PS4 or Xbox One owner, you can get these for free starting December 16th till January 31st. Also 360/PS3/PC/Mac players will have to purchase the songs.

Jimi Hendrix Song Pack ($29.99, free for PS4 and Xbox One owners until January 31st, 2015)

·         Jimi Hendrix – Freedom

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Bold As Love

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Castles Made of Sand

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Fire

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Foxey Lady

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – If 6 Was 9

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Little Wing

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Manic Depression

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Purple Haze

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Red House

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

·         The Jimi Hendrix Experience – The Wind Cries Mary

Not that we don't already have these songs done by great charters like smirocsmo, fabianosan, PC Plum, 6fingers, and others. Too bad the Rocksmith team waited so long. Probably this has to do with Bandfuse. What do you guys think?

• Like 3

Always check and use -> The latest Toolkit builds

To disable dynamic difficulty and not get the 100% accuracy bug don't use the override to max option, but instead disable DD and set sight reading level to Max. With this configuration the 100% bug does not surface.

Thanks for the heads up!

Normally that's not my style (I try to only download what I really intend to play, and Jimi has been quite out of reach so far) but now I just grabbed everything I could - better download those CDLCs to my harddrive before they get deleted here :-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

pretty mixed feelings, amazing dlc pack :P ......free to bone and PSwhores  :angry:  .... all console release :D  .......free to new console owners :angry:  .

4 versions bought since release.......over 1300 quid spent on upgrading pc equipment and sound systems and couple of grands worth of guitars/basses.....not one penny regretted.... but seeing an announcement which is basically "new customers only" sticks in my craw a bit.

Stoked to see jimi but the shine got knocked off somewhat.

Ps....been trying to post this for about 20 mins and it wouldnt post for some reason.

• Administrator

I don't see why we should be piss off, it's a move to bring more (new) customers to the One/PS4 version which will only help them to get even more money to keep doing what they are doing which will be good for everybody.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I can see both sides of the argument here. On the one hand, it is perfectly logical for Ubi to want to attract purchasers of the next-gen version so as to warrant the work involved in making that version. On the other, loyal DLC buyers who have given Ubi a lot of money over the past year have to shell out again and see others new to the program get something they didnt get. I find it odd that Ubi didnt foresee that a backlash would come from at least some customers.

I think it would have been wiser to do the following:

1) offer Hendrix and Tom Petty for ALL platforms at same time for the cost as set

2) for first time purchasers on an XB1/PS4, they get the usual disc set of songs PLUS a couple of the older DLC packs, such as Pearl Jam or The Who because then most current owners who probably already had them would have less reason to feel jealous

3) upgrading purchasers (who had say a version on another platform or earlier iteration and therefore have a code to prove it) and are therefore effectively paying for a second copy of RS2014, maybe they are entitled to free Hendrix as well as some older DLC because people would be less likely to begrudge it for someone who is spending on 2 copies.

I reckon that would have caused less angst. Ubi need to hire me as marketing manager.

Booooo!  Hours of work on Red House down the toilet :(

No it's not. It was hours of joy playing it. Thanks for the great CDLC man!

However I will also get the official Jimi pack.

I was only joking, but thanks for reminding me that others enjoy it too :D

I was thinking this morning...  let next gen console owners have the Jimi for free, they can't exactly play customs can they???  They need something to play :D

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@tron001 : The streaming is purely an option on the console side which is available on X1 and PS4 as a feature (more shown in the presentation on the PS4.

The auto-play is already possible on PC/X360/PS3 bassically called "nonstop play" on the main menu.

@@raveyman : Your proposition is only good for the consumer side but cost even more from the company but for what? just to calm down some player (not a majority) that had already paid anyway...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@tron001 : The streaming is purely an option on the console side which is available on X1 and PS4 as a feature (more shown in the presentation on the PS4.

The auto-play is already possible on PC/X360/PS3 bassically called "nonstop play" on the main menu.

Thanks for clarify it, i just read a description of the product  and it was described ad an exclusive feature  of the next gen version  but probably is quite  the same thing.

This is amazing. After the Hendrix folk signed on with BandFuse, I thought it would be a looong time (or never) before RS was able to release any Hendrix. With the demise of BF, the rights holders wasted little time allowing RS to have at it, though. 

One could quibble about the price, or that the BOne/PS4 people get it for free, but remember the main thing: 12 Hendrix songs at once! That's very cool. Surprised they didn't do Crosstown Traffic (one of my faves).

Edit: Just checked the CDLC and Crosstown Traffic is here, of course, though I somehow missed it. You guys rock! Many thanks, Karmeleaux!!

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

• Administrator

From The Riff Repeater website.

"A note to our YouTube followers, we will most likely not be uploading any videos of Jimi Hendrix, as @@elisoncrz and our rhythm game community at large has a history with The Hendrix Estate flagging channels with copyright strikes. Instead we will be posting the videos via Facebook and will make sure you folks are able to watch them easily via this article."

So be careful when making play through video's

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

I'm gonna have to try Red House, but according to Riff Repeater website it has no bass and is Eb Standard (mine was way off pitch).  There are so many versions of Jimi songs wonder which one they used...

And I lost my Little Wing Live at the Albert Hall too...  so sad :(

Noel Redding played a guitar on the original recording of Red House.

Red House was one of the first recordings of The Experience and Noel switched from guitar to bass later on.

taken from Wikipedia: Redding added, "I had borrowed a terrible old hollow-body electric guitar from someone at the studio ... because I liked to play along on rhythm to familiarise myself with a sequence, not being quite at home on the bass yet". The guitar was tuned down one-half step, with the tone controls set to resemble a bass guitar.

Which explains why the bass is in rhythm with an emulation tone

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/45364834984367693/175ABD8645884EAFB7ADE05365EF3F4524723BF9/

The tabs I used were very specific, although I have many Jimi CDs I didn't have the version I needed on any of them, so I had to go buy it.  I had to research at the time but I can't remember all the versions now.

The lead chart is indeed gorgeous though, but I think I like Voodoo Child the best.  The chart is just the dugs nuts.

I only bought 4 of the songs (Purple, Voodoo, Little Wing and Red House) and you get this dribble at the end

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/45364834984375153/46D57399055ACC89A58956466395C9C481AB11E1/

Hope all DLC doesn't go like this :(

And about the videos on Youtube...  its cause he doesn't want to embarrass himself, they are bloody difficult :D

• Administrator

For that little add on the lyrics parts, it's something some charters did on their CDLC so i can see why a major company would like to do the same thing...

Can't wait to try them out to see how good/bad i do...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

I actually think the extra lyrics is so that they can zap you on Youtube with a copyright thing-a-my-bob, like RR website says.

Maybe why I've never had one is that they don't own the rights to the version of the song I used.  It's all a mess Hendrix licensing.

They are very much worth buying though :D