Converting Tunings

Tremonster

Question

Hey

How are you guys doing?

Anyway, what I wanted to say. Would people like it if I convert some very low tuned songs to higher (equal) tunings? So that more people will be able to play them. For example, some songs use B Standard, this could easily be converted to D Standard, with a proper tone it would sound almost the same.

Or Drop B#, which is used by Breaking Benjamin. Their songs can be played in both Drop D and Drop C. Using a darker tone with Drop D sounds quite accurate.

One example of what I already did is Cold and Colors by Crossfade. These 2 records where recorded using a 7 String in a variation of B standard. I tuned the CDLC in Drop D and it sounds good.

Why all of this? Because some beginners dont know how to properly tune to those lower tunings, and some guitars cant even handle it. Most people use .9's or 0.10's. With these strings putting your guitar in that low of a tuning is bassicly useless.

So let me know what you think!

Greetings :)

3 answers to this question

• Administrator

I don't see why you ask.

I don't like it personnally but if you think people would find this usefull (i'm sure that some will) go for it, you don't need anybodys permission.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I don't see why you ask.

I don't like it personnally but if you think people would find this usefull (i'm sure that some will) go for it, you don't need anybodys permission.

Because i do have guitars that are tuned on B and A and so on, i dont do it for myself. But i know enough people who's guitars are not really made for that tuning, or cant tune from E to B and back all the time. So I asked it so i won't have to do it for nothing. I just ask to help people.

Yeah I guess I would appreciate some, if they still sound good. If I go lower than D other strings would be needed...

Also a lot of D standard or other slightly off tunings I never play (even if I like the songs), just because im too lazy to change tuning all the time.