Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 54

Mortalo

@@Gamut I do usually have to apply the brain power to the instrument but there are seldom moments where I can stick my foot on the monitor and shake my head it :) this song just happened to be one of them so when in Rome :D @@Kaijin has the best shapes thrown when playing so far and @@then3verend the mightiest head bobbage as he has mighty facial upholstery to rock with :) I need to grow a beard.

• Like 3

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

... Hmm might be mistaken tagging @@then3verend ... But someone posted a video a few weeks back with a luxurious beard featured in it :) apologies if I am mistaken :D

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I have finished another frippchen version of the Amorphis song. Only lead and NDD, just for the challenge. Some parts had to be corrected. I have optimized and fine tuned the solo as well and everything is absolutely in sync.

Here is my first run with it

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141104/4r8h5bru.jpg

Did just PC version in NDD

DL https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t9p5x7ktx0wdgbl/AAApxmMLjuJNbEmwMgDmFauXa?dl=0

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@NoonyDeloony I hope good beards aren't a prerequisite to being good at guitar, or I'm going to be one patchy guitarist! :D

@@franfit Age ain't nothing but a number. Keep on rocking!

I went up a few % on the Amorphis lead on my second go, but I'm going to work hard on it tonight with the new version. I don't think I can hit 90th percentile, but I think I have it in me to hit high 80s!

• Like 4

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

... Hmm might be mistaken tagging @@then3verend ... But someone posted a video a few weeks back with a luxurious beard featured in it :) apologies if I am mistaken :D

Although i have a beard and i do head bob a lot very heavily during the song, that video wasnt me, sorry

• Like 1

Many nice scores on all songs :)

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

A bit better.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t428/Yippee38/SkyIsMine2.png

BTW, I want to thank you guys for doing these Championships.  I hadn't picked up my guitars in several weeks because I'd been feeling so frustrated at my lack of progress of late.  I felt like I can play Blitzkrieg Bop and that's it.  Everything else it too hard for me.  So this has been great!  I can actually pretty much play a song by one of my favorite bands, and a song I really like.

I'm feeling motivated again.  Thanks!

• Like 8

BTW, I want to thank you guys for doing these Championships.  I hadn't picked up my guitars in several weeks because I'd been feeling so frustrated at my lack of progress of late.  I felt like I can play Blitzkrieg Bop and that's it.  Everything else it too hard for me.  So this has been great!  I can actually pretty much play a song by one of my favorite bands, and a song I really like.

Yeah, a little friendly competition is a good excuse to try hard. Up until this competition, I've just been a Rocksmith drifter, playing whatever song catches my fancy one at a time and never really working too hard on any one thing. Kind of like a radio station. But this gets me to focus up, and do my best to play as spot-on as I can the whole way through. It's absolutely a necessary ability on any instrument.

And it's good to be being forced out of my comfort zone. Ska-P's song was the first ska song in my library, it took a little mind-opening to get it to come out of my hands. But now I can do things like that anytime!

I appreciate the work you organizers do.

• Like 2

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

Leaderboard updated.

@@Rodman don't be so humble. We will only turn our back and you'll be at top of MasterClass in each path.

I have to be really cautious while that slide part of Ca Bass. I'm always playing it off at start but I feel that it gets better later on.

No - dont turn your backs, just play lefthanded for a couple of months :P

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

About amorphis:

I personally was shocked saturday when the song started to play, i loved the band back in my old death/blackmettal days, when "Tuonela" came out i was vastly disappointed - so this wasmy last Amorphis CD...

Wiki says there are 7 new Cds since then, and i am gonna give my spotify and stereo a thorough shot when i have time to get a proper opinion if the new Amorphis is a band for me or not....

Check out anything from Circle, or any of the other albums.  The reason I like them so much now is because the singers has a great clean and growly voice.  If you get a chance to see them live, they play a lot of the more aggressive stuff.

BTW, when I listen to them on Spotify, the songs that come up seem to be all of the clean vocal songs.  I don't have the premium version, so that may be different for you.  You can always listen to the albums from YouTube.

Thx for the tip!

On spot prem you can listen to all albums with no ads or anything...

And no - i am surely not gonna go for some "most listened" lists or anything - i am going for the whole albums - Circle first..

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

A bit better.

Yeah, just the best place in the world to be if you wanna improve on your guitar skills - at least for me.

Getting forced to work hard on songs OF YOUR SKILL LEVEL, which you woud´ve never practiced otherwise adds loads to your skill.

In my experience what really stops progression is constantly trying to play stuff far above ones skill level - thats what usually always happens to guitar beginners, because you always wanna play this or that specific song... and, as you mentioned you are extremely happy if you stumble upon one that works (Blitzkrieg B )...

Thats exactly what does not happen here - you get to master a song every week on your level.

So, just keep coming back, get to know your classmates and try to kick ass :D

• Like 1

^^^ Wisdom personified... Apt avatar @@Rodman :)

• Like 1

@ your version based on original, my, or your version?  you tested my last version, is any issue? Can not try your version mow, not at home.

I have mixed. took the tab of your's, cause the accurate 16th, in original it's weird rhythm notation, cannot be a good result in the end.

But your tab stopped when solo starts, so I took the solo from the original tab and the rest was just copy and paste. Then I modified the whole tab and synchronized it with Go Play Along, which was astoundingly easy this time, auto sync worked very well this time. Rest were the usual steps. I did any corrections particular in the solo. But I didn't hold up with sound creation, so I just created one blind in the toolkit (too much delay and needs more highs I think), if anybody wants I can update it with better sound. My opinion it's not that worse than in original.

and here is my new score :D

http://s14.directupload.net/images/141104/4jqphaul.jpg

Yeah!

• Like 3

@, it's tabbed now like my suggestion at beginning of this week, with less string skipping.

I tried your version also but just for short, it's tabbed like the original and I didn't notice changes there.

• Like 1

I checked all in EOF with slow speed avery notes, please check solo and ending. I add a fes notes only in solo and one hammer off, and fixed bends tach notes. And  If you used adudio from my procject we can added original chart (my version)lead in bonus lead and rhythm and bass add too. 

I will try evening you version.

@@Gamut I do usually have to apply the brain power to the instrument but there are seldom moments where I can stick my foot on the monitor and shake my head it :) this song just happened to be one of them so when in Rome :D @@Kaijin has the best shapes thrown when playing so far and @@then3verend the mightiest head bobbage as he has mighty facial upholstery to rock with :) I need to grow a beard.

Thanks for the compliment @@NoonyDeloony.

I was a Hardtechno DJ for 15 years, performed several times with crowds with more than 1000 people in the dance floor, so, I got used to perform under pressure.

I always played my sets at ~160BPM's and I couldn't stay still while I was performing, so it comes sort of natural to me to be moving around when I'm playing, specially if I know and like the song a lot, plus the video I posted playing bass of "AC/DC - The Jack" was a bit different than my usual recordings..... the happiness and excitement were through the roof, the adrenalin was pumping high which sort of made me even sing while playing, something I'm terrible at and I'm glad there's no microphone recording my voice, or it would be a terrible video to watch... in other words, I can't sing at all, my voice sucks :lol:

That being said, imho the most important thing is that you have pleasure and enjoy when you are playing, either if you just stand still or you move like a hurricane, as long as you are having lots of fun, that's what counts.

Another thing I've learned while a DJ is that if you dwell on what the others think about you when you are performing, being it on stage or recording a video, you'll have too much stress in you and you can't perform as well as your abilities allow you to without that kind of pressure.

When I was starting DJ'ing about 20 years ago, a fellow DJ told me this:

"When you get on stage, you look to the crowd and your 1st reaction is to panic, specially with big crowds, you think "omg, what if I start to screw up all over the place, I'm gonna get "thrown" away from the stage or worse"... there's 1 very easy "solution" to avoid this.... close your eyes, pretend that you are at home alone, just practicing and the pressure and stress vanishes in a blink of an eye".

It took me a couple of gigs to be able to do this, specially since at the time I was half the age I'm now (36), but I followed his advice to the letter and after a few months I was able to get on stage and I was only nervous for the 1st 5-10 minutes of a 2-3h set.

After a couple of years, that awkward tingling in the stomach that you get when you are starting a gig was always present, but it never "interfered" with my performances and getting better and more experience started to make that tingling in the stomach in the beginning, something that I actually enjoyed, in fact, I miss it a lot.... I was very good as a DJ and I was "forced" to leave my career when I was getting an average of 8-10 gigs/month, so it's kind of something I will always treasure and miss a lot.

I can't live without music, that's why I started to play guitar and now bass too, although being a single father I only do this for pure pleasure, never with the intention of playing in a band or anything like that, it's just a hobby I "need" to have.... my life without music just isn't the same.

Sorry for the long post, but when I start talking about this, it's kind of hard to stop, since it's what I most like to do in my life. :)

• Like 5

And I forgot to post a few updates... I'm still with a terrible toothache, which doesn't allow me to concentrate on anything, but I can't stay more than 1 or 2 days without playing, it feels like there's always something missing... hopefully I will be able to post better scores in the next few days...

Bass BG:

http://s6.postimg.org/yf0syw1qp/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_54_Bass_BG_2_100.jpg

Bass IM:

http://s6.postimg.org/fb7hijowh/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_54_Bass_IM_2_100.jpg

Bass MC:

http://s6.postimg.org/8ysc8plu9/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_54_Bass_MC_2_97.jpg

You should really get a bass @@Joey, I'm pretty sure you're gonna be delighted to have 1 and you'll have lots of fun playing bass arrangements, you know me well enough and you can see that after playing more than 1 year with emulated, the transition to a real bass was very fast, the bass scores are the same and in some songs I can even play better now.

I can't even think about playing emulated again.... tbh I don't know how the hell I managed to play like that for so long, recently I've watched a few videos playing emulated... the sound is just terrible :lol: and the feeling of playing with a real bass, well, I can't even describe the difference in words, so get yourself a bass and start posting bass scores, I'm sure you'll love it :D

• Like 7

I hope you get to D.J again Kaijin. It's unfortunate for you and your clients to be deprived of your skills.

• Like 1