Can I use DLC on two PCs?

Byproduct

Question

Hello. I'm going to have two PCs in the place I move in (one in my private command center and one in the livingroom for everybody to use). These have two separate Steam accounts with separate legit Rocksmiths (2014).

I have bought a bunch of official DLC's, and I would like to use them in both of these machines. Can I just copy the DLC folder from one computer to another, or is there some sort of validation going on that would prevent it?

I know if I ask Ubisoft they'll just tell me to buy the songs again but I think I've already paid them enough for the 2 rocksmiths and the big heap of dlc so I'm not feeling like a pirate here. :)

7 answers to this question

If you use the same Steam account that the DLC was purchased from you can use DLC on multiple computers.  But not with different accounts.

If you used the same Steam account you wouldn't have needed to buy RS twice either.

So there is some sort of validation thingy then? Ok, thanks for the info. I guess the other computer can do with just all this awesome free CF stuff. :)

I can't have two PCs with one Steam account, because if someone logs in Steam from computer 1 it automatically logs out computer 2.

• Administrator

You can now run steam on two different computers at the same time on the same account with the family mode and even play as you like.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

You can now run steam on two different computers at the same time on the same account with the family mode and even play as you like.

Cool! I had old info. Previously family sharing allowed only 1 game at a time, but this has changed at some point?

Luckily I hadn't made the actual purchase just yet. :) Thanks a lot! 

I have a steam version with all official dlc and a clone  which runs independent of steam and ubisoft with all my cldc tracks..... this is the same for my desktop and pc so having multi pc's is not a problem

Cool! I had old info. Previously family sharing allowed only 1 game at a time, but this has changed at some point?

Luckily I hadn't made the actual purchase just yet. :) Thanks a lot! 

unfortunately, Rocksmith doesn't support Steam Family sharing.

• Administrator

@@BaddDadd2010 : I've just tried right now to launch Rocksmith with the same steam account connected on two different computer on the same local network (without using the streaming option since the real tone cable isn't supported by steam).

You can launch Rocksmith on one PC at a time without anykind of issue.

You can't launch Rocksmith on both PCs at the same time because steam is blocking you.

I suppose that's enough for the OP.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity