Imported tone sounds completly different

I have a strange issue with a new custom tone i've created to simulate a 12 string acoustic guitar.

I've imported the tones from the *_prflsb profile file into a new CDLC and assigned this new tone to the lead guitar part.

After trying the psarc in the game the tone sounds completly different it was much more distorted.

I double checked if I selected the correct tone and compared my custom tone and the tone from the psarc in the RS tone designer. I can not see any difference.

But still the tone from the psarc sounds completely different then the tone saved in the profile.

Does anyone have any clue what the problem might be?

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it makes a difference what drop down name you call it...

Are you sure you do not have 2 tones with the same name saved in your game (sometimes when making a tone it can be confusing coming up with new names all the time until you find one you like).

There is also a finite amount of spaces (slots) available, maybe you hit your max and what is being imported to the toolkit is an older version of your tone.  Delete some unused tones to make room for new ones.

When you play the song, you have your desired tones in 1, 2, 3, 4?

When you engage the tone while playing along to the song it sounds ok?

There is also a volume difference, maybe if the tone in you .psarc is far too loud it just sounds like distortion?

Just some ideas man, good luck :)

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy