Reading Bass tab meaning

DeathJohnson

Question

I've been trying to copy a bass tab to use a custom, but near the end there's no bass part listed and it simply has the note "Bass Gtr. resumes chorus fig. simile", through over 10 minutes of searching, I've been unable to find any results on what that means. I assumed at first it meant to just copy the bass notes from the chorus part to the part that note is left, but the chorus part only has 12 bars of music and the part it leaves blank here is 19 bars, so I don't get it at all.

Edit: I missed a line, the second part is actually 24 bars instead of the 19 I wrote. So it would work if the chorus part was repeated twice there. Is that what it means? It wouldn't sound too accurate that way, but then again it didn't sound perfectly accurate up to that point anyway.

4 answers to this question

Yeah, that's what I thought it was, I was just confused by how I miscounted the bars and searching the meaning directly just leads to explanations on what a simile is in the English language.

I think I've pretty much got the Custom ready, I just need to test it a few more times and get a playthrough video ready for the upload, then I'll release it here. Later when I get better at making these I'll probably go back and make some corrections to it, but I'm not that great at tabbing things myself so I'll just keep what I have for now.