Rivinhal

Hey guys!

This is my first custom song ever, and I was looking to get some feedback on it before I even think about releasing it.

Basically, I play bass guitar (and other than forgetting to insert silence in the beginning of the song, resulting in the song beginning immediately, which only affects the bass) I'm pretty sure the bass is spot on, but since I don't play guitar at all I have no idea about it, and it'd be great to get some feedback on the song while I'm fixing the whole "silence" issue (so bassists don't kill me!).

If people like it and stuff I'll probably work on different difficulties for it and maybe even start making more songs. Right now there are parts for Lead, Rhythm, and Bass guitar, but it's only for PC (I'm not sure how to make songs for other formats yet!)

Thanks for any help!

EDIT:

New version up that should address a few issues hopefully (leading silence is fixed, so the bass is spot on now, and the fingering/chord/vibrato issues on the Lead guitar part has been addressed.

Let me know what you guys think and what can be improved!

EDIT 2:

New link with new v1.1:

https://mega.co.nz/#!kck1zZDB

Key: cG5tMX7l2FlvFfKk8239rL8B1WvVvBMxJB90yzZxlYk

Making songs for the other platforms is easy: just click the checkbox in the toolkit and it'll be made automatically.

Just played the lead part.  Here's my feedback for improvement.

When you save in EOF, it's might ask if you want to apply fingerings for known chord shapes.  Click yes whenever you see that.

After all chord shapes are defined press CTRL+SHIFT+F and press GENERATE.  This tells Rocksmith where you should put your hand on the fretboard.   Do this and you'll fix some problems with the chart.

There is a bar chord in the chart that has vibrato in it.  You can take it out by clicking on the chord and pressing SHIFT+V.

The camera is zoomed out really far.  You can fix this by adding sections and phrases.  Chilpouni's DDC can do this for you automatically if you want.  Check it out here: http://customsforge.com/topic/2863-dynamic-difficulty-creator/

Making songs for the other platforms is easy: just click the checkbox in the toolkit and it'll be made automatically.

Just played the lead part.  Here's my feedback for improvement.

When you save in EOF, it's might ask if you want to apply fingerings for known chord shapes.  Click yes whenever you see that.

After all chord shapes are defined press CTRL+SHIFT+F and press GENERATE.  This tells Rocksmith where you should put your hand on the fretboard.   Do this and you'll fix some problems with the chart.

There is a bar chord in the chart that has vibrato in it.  You can take it out by clicking on the chord and pressing SHIFT+V.

The camera is zoomed out really far.  You can fix this by adding sections and phrases.  Chilpouni's DDC can do this for you automatically if you want.  Check it out here: http://customsforge.com/topic/2863-dynamic-difficulty-creator/

Thanks man I appreciate the feedback.

And cool I'll keep that in mind, that way everyone who is interested in the release version of the song has access to it.

But that's really odd about the phrases and the fingerings/chord shapes, as I actually applied all of that before I saved it I thought, (maybe I did it on the Rhythm and forgot the lead? Hmmm... I feel dumb now) because I was following a walkthrough (one here on Customsforge, I can't remember the guy's name who made it though lol) to do it, so that's strange that it didn't take effect. But oh well. Live and learn right?

But thanks, I'm glad you could help out! I'll keep this version up just so someone can test out the Rhythm part and let me know any possible improvements that could be made to it as well, but in the meantime I'll be fixing the bass part (adding in leading silence) and I'll try my best to work in the fixes you outlined (I'll doublecheck the rhythm just in case) so hopefully I'll have a new test version up soon enough!

Will try it out tonight.  Shinedown is always much appreciated.  

Thanks man, I appreciate the incoming feedback! And yeah, I couldn't believe they left this song out of the DLC (it's probably my favorite by Shinedown) so I really wanted to make it happen.

Right now I think it's pretty much perfect except for a section during the bass part where the song de-syncs momentarily (though it re-syncs after a couple of seconds) and I'm working on fixing it right now, but other than that I'm pretty sure it's all perfect. But tbh I'm not 100% on that because I don't play guitar, but on my "playthough" of lead and rhythm it looked pretty good.

So definitely let me know what you think!

I just downloaded the file

Shinedown_Save-Me_v1.1_p.psarc

and there is no leading silence.  This is the newest file?

I'll reupload it just to be sure, because it obviously isn't if it's missing the leading silence (be aware however, the "good" version only has about 4 seconds of silence before the song starts, so it's not LOTS of silence, it's just better than it was, as before it literally started instantly).

When I went to upload it, it said V1_p.psarc but I swear I had drag/dropped it from the right file so I renamed it, but I guess I messed up! I SORELY apologize and I'll be uploading the correct version in just a second. I feel like such an idiot. I made all these great changes and then I went and uploaded the wrong version... Ugh. I'll correct the link in just a moment and make an edit to my original post noting the fact that it's the correct version.

But please check it out for me ladies and gents! I apologize for all the problems! I'm totally new to all of this and just wanted to make a song I liked and I hope you guys like it too.

Just played the rhythm part.  It sounded cool, I'd say it's good to go!

For improvement you could always make the sync a little tighter.  I suggest lining up the beat markers with the beat of the music when starting future songs.  It's makes everything easier (you only have to sync once instead of worrying about all the arrangements) and the Dynamic Difficulty Creator software suggest you do it for the best results.

Just played the rhythm part.  It sounded cool, I'd say it's good to go!

For improvement you could always make the sync a little tighter.  I suggest lining up the beat markers with the beat of the music when starting future songs.  It's makes everything easier (you only have to sync once instead of worrying about all the arrangements) and the Dynamic Difficulty Creator software suggest you do it for the best results.

I'm going to sound super new here, but what do you mean when you say "I suggest lining up the beat markers with the beat of the music when starting future songs."?

Also, yeah I'm still trying to figure out how to use the Dynamic Difficulty Creator lol, but as soon as I do I'll start using it, as I'd much prefer my songs to have multiple difficulties.

But thanks man. I'm glad. Now I just gotta figure out how to post it in the submission page (since I don't know how to make a "Click here to view the record" link rofl) and I'm gonna start working on finishing up my next song.

No prob.

At the start of this song do you notice the drum clicks?  That steady CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

That's the beat.

In EOF the vertical lines with arrows on top are beat markers.  You can move them around.  If you sync the song by lining up the beat markers with the beat of the song (instead of dragging the notes) you only have to sync once instead of worrying about all the arrangements.  That is, if the the chart is in sync with the drums, it will be in sync with the bass, guitar, and vocals.

Syncing the song to the beat is called Beat Mapping, and there are a few tutorials in the help section.

Luckily, there is a huge database of finished beatmaps for songs here:

http://customsforge.com/topic/2882-the-third-way-to-chart-customs-with-guitar-herorockbandpsfrets-on-fire-templates/

They are either ripped from rock band/guitar hero, or created by guys who made customs for other music games.  If you use these you can focus on the notes and not have to worry about sync.

No prob.

At the start of this song do you notice the drum clicks?  That steady CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

That's the beat.

In EOF the vertical lines with arrows on top are beat markers.  You can move them around.  If you sync the song by lining up the beat markers with the beat of the song (instead of dragging the notes) you only have to sync once instead of worrying about all the arrangements.  That is, if the the chart is in sync with the drums, it will be in sync with the bass, guitar, and vocals.

Syncing the song to the beat is called Beat Mapping, and there are a few tutorials in the help section.

Luckily, there is a huge database of finished beatmaps for songs here:

http://customsforge.com/topic/2882-the-third-way-to-chart-customs-with-guitar-herorockbandpsfrets-on-fire-templates/

They are either ripped from rock band/guitar hero, or created by guys who made customs for other music games.  If you use these you can focus on the notes and not have to worry about sync.

OH. I didn't realize that's what those arrows were for (I had just been using theme to mark phrases and stuff)! I had just been shifting entire portions of the notes and lining them up properly once the BPM was set lol. I actually watched a tutorial on here and that's how they said to do it, so I never really questioned it, but I'm glad I know now, because the way you're explaining sounds WAY easier.

I appreciate the help man. I'll definitely do that from here-on out on my next CDLCs.

Unrelated, but at this point do you think this track is ready to be posted to the "submitted" category? And if so, do you know how to make a submission post? I just don't know how to make that link that every submission has that takes you to the full information page about the song...

If you play your song and have fun, then it's ready to be submitted :)

This is how you do it: http://customsforge.com/topic/357-tutorial-submitting-cdlc-to-the-cf-database/

Under Submitted CDLC - Submit a CDLC package to the CustomsForge database

Just fill in the boxes, you shouldn't run into any problems.  The only thing you need to do before is upload the album art somewhere (everyone uses imgur), upload the file (most people use dropbox), and if possible upload a playthrough (no worries if you can't, not everyone does)

• Like 1

If you play your song and have fun, then it's ready to be submitted :)

This is how you do it: http://customsforge.com/topic/357-tutorial-submitting-cdlc-to-the-cf-database/

Under Submitted CDLC - Submit a CDLC package to the CustomsForge database

Just fill in the boxes, you shouldn't run into any problems.  The only thing you need to do before is upload the album art somewhere (everyone uses imgur), upload the file (most people use dropbox), and if possible upload a playthrough (no worries if you can't, not everyone does)

Thanks for the help man!