Keeping my CDLC up to date

michael_41

Question

Does anyone have an easy way to keep your current downloaded CDLC up to date?

I have some bad and ok versions of some songs, but short of checking in the search everyday, remembering what songs/versions I have, and seeing if someone has a new update is, well....  does someone have some tips or tricks, apps, or ideas on how to make this easier?

8 answers to this question

• Administrator

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

The other thread is for a desktop application that appears to still be in development.  All its functionality is still an unknown at this point?

Back to this thread though, how are people managing keeping the current downloads they are playing in RS up to date today?  Do you just sit there with your list of thousands of songs in your desktop folder and look them all up one by one to check to see if there are new versions every once in a while or what?  Is someone doing something better than this today?

• Administrator

The other thread is talking about this program which will allow you to manage cdlc and keep them up to date for the most important function.

here is the announce related to this manager : http://customsforge.com/topic/9977-progress/

There's no better way at the moment to manage cdlc than just check here once in a while to see if there's new update (following a topic will help you there) and the cdlc search also show in bold new or updated cdlc.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Do you just sit there with your list of thousands of songs in your desktop folder and look them all up one by one to check to see if there are new versions every once in a while or what? Is someon

Yes. 6 hours per month to keep my 1000 CDLC refreshed.

What helps is to "follow" each song I have then go to "content I follow" so whatever I follow is all listed in one list. Then it is one at time clicking the preview icon to check the current version of the custom and working down page after page after page until i reach the last comment date that precedes the last time I did this 6 hour exercise. What is older has presumably not been touch.

Custom Song Manager couldn't come soon enough... :)

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

I tend to check in with CDLC's on a regular basis, use the updated search function, this shows the most recent updates and new threads, if you see a song you already have then there is a good chance it has been updated. just scroll down until you reach the end of the listings in bold this marks the end of where you were on your last search.

it is a bit of a work around but it does work as long as you check in regularly. 

I tend to check in with CDLC's on a regular basis, use the updated search function, this shows the most recent updates and new threads, if you see a song you already have then there is a good chance it has been updated. just scroll down until you reach the end of the listings in bold this marks the end of where you were on your last search.

it is a bit of a work around but it does work as long as you check in regularly. 

Exactly what I have been doing...  just find it a bit tedious and hard to reconcile at times when multiple items exist for same title, and I have already weeded out "my personal' good from the bad!!!  but thanks, i appreciate the feedback!  Am getting close to 386 CDLCs and grows more everyday.