Is B Standard Possible?

DeathJohnson

Question

I just created my first custom song on Rocksmith from scratch (on bass), but it's in B standard, and it seemed to let me pick that when making it and everything, but once I get into the game, I can't get through the first string on the tuner, once I get low enough to be in tune with it, the tuner never stays where it needs to be long enough to register, and it always shoots up to "+999" almost immediately. It seems to work fine in the tuning about half a step up from it, but once it gets that low, it goes crazy.

I tried changing the volume and gain, I tried recalibrating a bunch of times, but it doesn't work. Is it possible there are certain instruments that aren't good enough to work with it or something?

I've looked for solutions on it, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the subject. I have another song from here that's apparently in B standard for bass, but I checked the responses there and it doesn't seem like anyone else had issues with it.

Edit: I tried the other song that was near B standard, and for some reason, on that one, even when my string wasn't near proper tune (it said it was like +30), the string registered as correct and bypassed it. Is there a way I can change my custom song to do something like that? I don't know why mine doesn't work.

19 answers to this question

All right, found that, and got through the tuning eventually, thanks.

Then, after hours of this process trying to do something I didn't think would take too long, I get into testing, and I found mistakes in the charting meaning I'll have to fix them and start all over again later. Maybe I'm not cut out for this sort of thing.

It is frustrating and time consuming at first but once you have it down it doesnt really take that long to create a song for rocksmith.  Plus its really cool to see youtube videos of someone on the other side of the planet playing a rocksmith song you created for people.  So dont give up!

• Like 6

Yeah, right now I'm just using tabs from other sources and editing them to fix obvious mistakes, I can't imagine how it's going to turn out if I started making my own tabs from scratch.

I have to say, a lot of my frustrations were probably from being too tired and not thinking straight, when I figured out what I was doing wrong I had to laugh at how stupid I was.

But yeah, I finally got around to fixing it, testing it again, and it finally works now. I'll probably get around to uploading it later, just because. I doubt there will be much demand for it, even less since it's in B standard, but it's my first custom song, and the community is about custom songs, so I might as well.

Yeah, right now I'm just using tabs from other sources and editing them to fix obvious mistakes, I can't imagine how it's going to turn out if I started making my own tabs from scratch.

I have to say, a lot of my frustrations were probably from being too tired and not thinking straight, when I figured out what I was doing wrong I had to laugh at how stupid I was.

But yeah, I finally got around to fixing it, testing it again, and it finally works now. I'll probably get around to uploading it later, just because. I doubt there will be much demand for it, even less since it's in B standard, but it's my first custom song, and the community is about custom songs, so I might as well.

I play tons of low tuned bass, which is why I made the low tuning fix! Thanks for your custom.

• Like 2

to add riff repeater at each new section of the song you select the beat marker and then in eof you go under the beat menu down to rocksmith and add phrase/section then repeat at each new part of the song.  thats all there is to it.  Its pretty simple really compared to the other stuff.  Also once you do that in the toolkit you can load the track in the ddc tab and it will create dynamic difficulty for you.

• Like 1

Sorry if I'm just stupid but I D/L the latest version of toolkit but can't find a button or selection that says "Low Bass Tuning Fix". I haven't tried creating any customs so I am unfamiliar with the process but would like to play some songs that I can't get my tuning down for. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Is running the "bass fix" all that's needed to fix an existing CDLC or is there more to it?

I've run into a few that I can't tun emy 5 string to and would like to fix them if it's easy enough that I can.

I can't seem to find any tutorials on fixing existing files.

Thanks

Is running the "bass fix" all that's needed to fix an existing CDLC or is there more to it?

I've run into a few that I can't tun emy 5 string to and would like to fix them if it's easy enough that I can.

I can't seem to find any tutorials on fixing existing files.

Thanks

I'm not sure what else it would be unless it has to do with the 5 string which I only have a 4. And I haven't been able to get it to work on standard A tuning. Not many songs of that sort though. I have had one or two songs that for some reason it didn't work but for the most part it has. Maybe someone else will have an aswer for you. Good luck!