Extracting tabs from an official song?

justgimmethefunk

Question

Hi everyone,

Is it possible (authorized?) to extract a GP tab from an official RS2014 song?

I know the Toolkit can do this now, so I've been looking for psarc files of official songs but couldn't find anything so I'm guessing it's not possible but who knows?

I'm stuck at 98.2% on 'Impossible Dreams' and I'd like to work on it on my own time, maybe bring it to my bass teacher.

Thanks!

(Click me)

** See my releases and WIP here **

Pink Floyd DLC list

Queen DLC list

The Beatles DLC list

18 answers to this question

If you use the standalone RocksmithToTab (www.rocksmithtotab.de), the GUI will automatically convert every song you have installed for you. No need to select individual psarcs :)

(The toolkit tab export is actually just a frontend for RocksmithToTab. Except for ASCII export, that's not supported by RocksmithToTab.)

Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter: http://www.rocksmithtotab.de

Unfortunately, a few of the exported gp5 tabs are broken in a way that Guitar Pro 5 can't open them. This is one of them. You can, however, open it in TuxGuitar, since TuxGuitar is a little less sensitive in that regard. If you then save it in TuxGuitar, it will work in Guitar Pro, too.

I still have to figure out what the original problem is. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter: http://www.rocksmithtotab.de