I just wanted to thank you for all the Zeppelin and your hard work.  Being a bassist Zeppelin is some of the best stuff out there. Bonham and Jones had chemistry like no others IMO. I'm looking forward to the rest. Thanks again. Just wish I could play it all but that will come in time.

You're very welcome man! Glad you like it.I'm not even a bass player, but JPJ's stuff is just unreal. I always tell everyone that IMO, he's the most integral member of Zeppelin. He's not only been responsible for some the most creative basslines ever, but he's the one who prevents Bonham from speeding up all the time  :-P  You can really hear it on quite a few songs, having to sync each song for this project has made me notice it even more.

• Like 1

The Led Zeppelin Discography thread

learning to chart > asking someone else to do it

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

I have watched a lot of their live videos and you can see it live. JPJ will turn to Bonham often in concert, other then the fact that he was painfully shy and very soft spoken if he even spoke there are key moments in the songs when they are working together. Playing Zeppelin on bass is a challenge like you said there are many times that JPJ leads the rhythm pulling Bonham.

I think this also aloud all of them to be themselves. Page must had been in heaven with those two backing him up being one of the greatest guitarist of all times he had a lot of freedom. He never had to worry about his rhythm section they were always right were he needed them to be. They worked so well together that most people never notice those switch ups in rhythm. The songs still flow like wine, this is the reason I think they may well be the best rhythm section ever while  supporting one of the best guitarist ever. I think the best decision they ever made was to stop when Bonham died, with out all four of them feeding off one another the way they did it would not be Led Zeppelin.

Sorry I can get off on a tangent talking about this band.

I just wanted to thank you for all the Zeppelin and your hard work.  Being a bassist Zeppelin is some of the best stuff out there. Bonham and Jones had chemistry like no others IMO. I'm looking forward to the rest. Thanks again. Just wish I could play it all but that will come in time.

You're very welcome man! Glad you like it.I'm not even a bass player, but JPJ's stuff is just unreal. I always tell everyone that IMO, he's the most integral member of Zeppelin. He's not only been responsible for some the most creative basslines ever, but he's the one who prevents Bonham from speeding up all the time  :-P  You can really hear it on quite a few songs, having to sync each song for this project has made me notice it even more.

• Like 1

It's good to know that everyone I idolize at one time or another in their career was where I am right now.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

Never apologize for talking about Zeppelin :D . In fact, I might add that line to the OP haha.I hear you 100%. I personally think it would have felt like a Zeppelin cover band if they had continued on. Who knows if they would have released any worth while new material, though. For me, all of the "post-Bonham" live stuff feels off. Almost gimmicky, I guess. It's fun to watch, but it's just not the same.

• Like 1

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." - Lester Bangs

@@GetTheLedOut Here is a bass lesson/interview with JPJ the most interesting part is between 9 and 10 min. He talks about never playing anything the same way twice or he would get bored. LOL That explains a lot. It's a good interview with a lot of insight into his style.

• Like 1

It's good to know that everyone I idolize at one time or another in their career was where I am right now.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

That video is GOLD!Looks like I'll have to go back and spot check a few of the CDLCs haha. Especially Whole Lotta Love.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Working on Over the Hills and Far Away now. I've been a bit busier the past few weeks, so the releases haven't been as frequent.I'm still committed to this, though!

• Like 1

Working on Over the Hills and Far Away now. I've been a bit busier the past few weeks, so the releases haven't been as frequent.I'm still committed to this, though!

I have been very busy myself, spring summer and fall are very busy times for me.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

Thanks for the update man. I was just thinking that it had been a while since I saw you post a song. I am so looking forward to The Ocean. I'm just glad to see you are still around... take your time and thanks again!!

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea when you will be posting more? I'm experiencing withdrawals lol

Ha! very soon. Just need to work on the custom tones for Over the Hills and Far Away, and it'll be done.

• Like 1

You guys have heard about the recent claim on Stairway by Spirit?

Yeah, it sounds like the family members of the guy from Spirit (who passed away) are looking for a big payday.I've listened to the song, and short of dissecting the music theory, they just don't sound that alike to me. The first three notes are probably the same, but I didn't feel like there were enough similarities to warrant a lawsuit.

• Like 1

Sorry I haven't been around much, this is my busy time of year. Lots to do on the farm and contracting. I barely have time to practice. :-)

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

Sorry I haven't been around much, this is my busy time of year. Lots to do on the farm and contracting. I barely have time to practice. :smile:

No worries, man. I've just started a new job, so I've been busy as well. It's likely I'll be moving soon, too.As you can see, I haven't made too much progress in the past few weeks.:)

Man, "Physical Grafitti" - my favorite LZ album is going to be a part of Rocksmith 2014... "In The Light", "Down By The Seaside", "Ten Years Gone", "The Rover", "In My Time of Dying", "Sick Again" - all these are my favorites. Now, I have to study, but after the school ends in June, then maybe I will participate in this project and help you, especially with these.

• Like 1

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT
Gave up Rocksmith and CDLC making, playing on his own now.

Wrapping up Dancing Days now. Just tones and testing left.This one was/is interesting because of what are essentially "co-lead guitar" tracks throughout most of the song. A very fun, rhythmic bass line too :)

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:Dancing Days just needs to be tested, D'yer Mak'er is done except for custom tones. Hopefully I'll get these released today and start work on No Quarter!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

GTLO - Can I do the backing track of "Moby Dick", which is the part of the remastered deluxe edition of "Led Zeppelin II"? I know that this instrumental is drums-focused, but Rocksmith is about guitar and the backing track doesn't include that long drums solo.

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT
Gave up Rocksmith and CDLC making, playing on his own now.

GTLO - Can I do the backing track of "Moby Dick", which is the part of the remastered deluxe edition of "Led Zeppelin II"? I know that this instrumental is drums-focused, but Rocksmith is about guitar and the backing track doesn't include that long drums solo.

Absolutely! Go right ahead, man. I was thinking the same thing when the remastered stuff came out. I would have probably used the backing track if it had been available at the time.Feel free to use any/all of my arrangements if it'll help you out. Let me know if you end up needing anything.It might be worth having one of us go back and use the remastered version of Whole Lotta Love too...since it contains some awesome/hilarious Robert Plant vocals and the same guitar tracks, minus the solo!!!! Btw, No Quarter and The Ocean are getting added in just a few minutes!