Ki113r94's Workshop

Ki113r94

Finished Customs:

Please Note: Difficulty and Heaviness scores are a comparison of only my CDLC (Ex. Animals as Leaders - CAFO has a 10 because it is the most difficult custom that I have charted but it may not be the most difficult on the Customsforge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artist - Song Name                                                                                                          (Difficulty)             (Tuning)        (Heaviness)

1-10                                             1-10

Alkaline Trio - Radio                                                                         3.8                   E Standard           4.5

Alkaline Trio - Time to Waste                                                             4.3                  E Standard            4.7

Animals as Leaders - CAFO                                                                10.0                 Drop D                   7.2

Between The Buried And Me - Silent Flight Parliament                                 9.1                 C# Standard           8.7

Chiodos - Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on the Creek                     7.1                   Drop D                   6.0

Chiodos - The Words "Best Friend" Become Redefined                          5.8                   Drop D                   6.3

Conquering Dystopia - Autarch                                                                             9.9                     B Drop A               7.9

Cradle of Filth - The Foetus of a New Day Kicking                                6.6                  D Standard            7.8

Dave Matthews Band - Gaucho                                                          5.3                  E Standard            2.2

Dream Theater - Disappear                                                                                   2.3                   E Standard            2.6

Dream Theater - I Walk Beside You                                                    7.2                  E Standard            5.5

Dream Theater - Octavarium                                                             8.9                  E Standard            6.2

Eluveitie - Inis Mona                                                                        4.5                  B Standard            8.0

Faceless, The - Accelerated Evolution                                                8.5                  D Drop C                8.5

Faceless, The - AM I: Create                                                             3.2                  D Drop C               5.5

Faceless, The - AM II: Emancipate                                                      8.7                  D Drop C               9.5

Faceless, The - AM III: Deconsecrate                                                  7.4                  D Drop C               9.2

Faceless, The - Hymn of Sanity                                                          7.5                  D Drop C               9.4

Faceless, The - In Solitude                                                              7.8                 D Drop C               7.4

Faceless, The - Ten Billion Years                                                      7.2                 D Drop C                9.1

Faceless, The - The Ancient Covenant                                             9.7                 D Drop C               10.0

Faceless, The - The Eidolon Reality                                                 7.3                 D Drop C                8.4

Koji Kondo - Gerudo Valley                                                            5.0                 E Standard            1.0

Meshuggah - Rational Gaze                                                            7.2                 F Standard            8.9

Neil Young - Downtown                                                                 4.7                 E Standard            2.5

Periphery - Buttersnips                                                                 8.5                 D Drop C                8.2

Periphery - Erised                                                                        5.2                 D Drop C                3.4

Periphery - Froggin' Bullfish                                                           9.5                 D Drop C                8.5

Periphery - Have a Blast                                                                9.3                D Drop C                8.4

Periphery - Heavy Heart                                                                                7.4                D Drop C                6.6

Periphery - Icarus Lives!                                                                7.2                 Bb Drop Ab            7.6

Periphery -  Luck as a Constant                                                      8.9                 D Drop C                7.8

Periphery - Scarlet                                                                       8.9                 Open Cadd9          7.6

Periphery - The Gods Must Be Crazy!                                              9.7                 D Drop C                7.8

Periphery - Zyglrox                                                                       9.6                 D Drop C               8.8

(Low C drop to A)

Scary Kids Scaring Kids - Faces                                                       7.8                 Drop D                  6.1         

Strapping Young Lad - Love?                                                           4.8                 Open C                 7.2

Thomas Giles - Hypoxia                                                                  3.5                 E Standard           3.1

Thomas Giles - Scared                                                                   7.2                 E Standard           2.2

Veil of Maya - Codex                                                                                            9.2                 C# Drop B             9.3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently Working on:

Lower Number = Highest Priority

1. Adding vocals to all of my customs that don't include any
  2. Fixing tones in my earlier CDLC

Custom Inlays:

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah181/danielmsmith96/DreamTheaterInlayPreview_zpsab000b34.png

Plans For The Future:

Chart some more songs from the following bands:

• Intervals
  • Between The Buried And Me
  • Veil Of Maya
  • Born Of Osiris
  • Opeth
  • Tool
  • Periphery
  • Dream Theater
  • Dave Matthews Band
  • Eluveitie

Please feel free to comment if you have any request, as you can see I have a broad music taste. Don't be shy.  :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of some Beartooth, In Hearts Wake, or letlive. songs?

I'm not gonna lie, the vocals in Beartooth and Letlive really isn't my cup of tea. The Hearts Wake sounds pretty cool, but I haven't heard much of their music yet. Do you have any recommendations of what songs I should listen to by them?

Any chance of some Beartooth, In Hearts Wake, or letlive. songs?

I'm not gonna lie, the vocals in Beartooth and Letlive really isn't my cup of tea. The Hearts Wake sounds pretty cool, but I haven't heard much of their music yet. Do you have any recommendations of what songs I should listen to by them?

Their new album 'Earthwalker' is fantastic in it's entirety, Divine and Healer are two songs that most people love from it. Their older stuff is also nice, some standout tracks from earlier albums would be Survival, Inertia, and Departure.

In my opinion they're another kick-arse band from Australia with solid vox and some cool guitar work thrown in every now-and-then. Hope you like 'em!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any btbam is appreciated, particularly songs from The Silent Circus, Alaska or Colors. I enjoy all their albums but those 3 got so many plays from me I could probably whistle them from beginning to end by memory... Thanks for your work on them, Veil of Maya and The Faceless stuff... I haven't gotten to play any of them yet but, I'm just super excited to see them on here.

Also, any stuff from Planitary Duality (The Faceless) would be amazing.

Have you heard Rings of Saturn? They're similar to The Faceless but, they use a lot more effects and studio tricks to push the whole "sci-fi metal" thing to another level.

Any btbam is appreciated, particularly songs from The Silent Circus, Alaska or Colors. 

I will definitely chart some of "Colors" someday, I don't know about "The Silent Circus" though, to be honest it isn't my favourite album. "Alaska" on the other hand is cool, gotta love "Backwards Marathon"

Also, any stuff from Planitary Duality (The Faceless) would be amazing.

Planetary Duality is a great album, I will chart some (or all) of it when I get a chance.

Have you heard Rings of Saturn? They're similar to The Faceless but, they use a lot more effects and studio tricks to push the whole "sci-fi metal" thing to another level.

I actually saw them live, they put on a great show. There guitarist has amazing skills, he has some very clean sweep picking. But honestly their vocalist just doesn't do it for me.

I did play your Chiodos tracks... why are the octaves charted with a mute on the middle string (the D string in this case)? it makes for horrible note detection. They shouldn't be charted at all... just the notes on the A and G strings.

Sorry about that... Those were some of my first CDLCs, I really should fix those sometime. I'm the king of procrastination, don't worry I'll fix that another day... See what I did there. Honestly I will fix that ASAP.

I really appreciate you taking the time to post in my workshop, thank you very much.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whenever you do any more BTBAM, I'd like to see some stuff from their new album, particularly Turn on the Darkness, The Ectopic Stroll, Rapid Calm, or Life in Velvet.

At the moment I can't find any accurate tabs. Just give it a couple months for someone to tab it out, then I might chart some more BTBAM.