Upgrading Fender Parts

tetsuya81987

Hello,

I'm about to buy a Squire Cyclone as a project (Starting with Squire so I won't really care if something goes wrong with it). I want to trade out parts as I get more $$$ and learn about better parts to get (humbuckers, tuning pegs, neck, custom paint job). I'd like to know it is possible to  attach a Fender neck to a Squire body if I choose to do so later on. Thanks!

It's not always as simple as just swapping them out. If you have a mismatched neck and body(say the heel of the neck is too big for the pocket, or the neck was made for a different scale length), you're in for a lot of painstaking woodwork. Or, you know, returns procedures and stuff.

However, since Squier are Fender licensees, it's less likely to be an issue. Still, be careful. Check once, check twice and check again.

i dont know about the cyclone.. but for strats and teles i swapped necks and bodies from squire, fender and warmoth without problems.. strat necks and bodies have rounded edges.. tele necks are square at the heel and dont fit into a strat body without some filing..

but beware: not every fender neck is build to the same specs.. there are necks with 4 screws and necks with 3 screws.. there are necks with or without microtilt screw..