Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 51

Mortalo

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@Rodman Keep it up man you're doing awesome.

Thx man!

This is actually the 2nd time it feels like really playin guitar since i started 12 weeks ago.

First time was Rob Zombie - Black Sunday.

Definately not stopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Is anyone aware that the 21st Century Schiziod Man, has a faulty download link due to ''High traffic''.

Motive had an alternative link here.

But I will try to rechart that song, had any wrong notes/ chords.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

First attempt on SA for Interpol. Very much like this tune. High intermediate/low advanced I'd say. Nice a shifty using the fret board and all 4 strings. A bit of a goer, so to speak.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/40855620076425308/5B49355198BCA2E48668C3C96C8A39875CEE3042/

And a playthrough video of my first Score Attack attempt. Pretty awful, but, I reckon 100% is doable and hopefully the final playthrough will not be as shame-worthy as my jumper ;)

Oh and Arctic monkey score : http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/40855620061867076/8FAD3762A5D36066894C2E37F3EB761006C8A64D/

• Like 5

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Initial reactions, I wasn't a fan of the Interpol song the first time playing it and it destroyed me, getting like a 65% on lead and consistently down ranked on the outro.

I coudn't stretch far enough yet to play all of the 8th, 10th and 12th frets. (And have it sound good) But after practicing, playing a few other songs (like Losing My Religion that also has a big gap at the end) I hit it and made it into the 90s. It actually has gotten a lot more fun and my score after a few hours was up from the mid 60%'s to the mid 90%'s. 

Love the Arctic Monkey's song but has a few tougher parts, though it's awesome at the end and also like the Death Cab song is just too hard, but thanks for redoing it up! 

I got a question about the bass arrangements.

I don't have a bass, so I play emulated, which is kind of cheating because I know it's much easier to play the bass arrangements with a guitar.

Since the bass expansion was released for RS1, I always played like this, since I only have 1 guitar (I don't even have an amp...), so I'm so used to play the bass arrangements all the time along with the rhythm and lead.

So, if you guys don't want to post my bass scores, I totally understand, there's no problem about it.

I've made a run at each song... the MC song is so cool to play, I'm really enjoying that song :)

Bass BG:

http://s6.postimg.org/v0ynpbaoh/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_51_Bass_BG_1_99.jpg

Bass IM:

http://s6.postimg.org/a5cde2ehd/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_51_Bass_IM_1_99.jpg

Bass ADV:

http://s6.postimg.org/5xhl5bd1t/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_51_Bass_AD_1_98.jpg

Bass MC:

http://s6.postimg.org/rxxxlxvpt/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_51_Bass_MC_1_91.jpg

• Like 1

I got a question about the bass arrangements.

I don't have a bass, so I play emulated, which is kind of cheating because I know it's much easier to play the bass arrangements with a guitar.

Since the bass expansion was released for RS1, I always played like this, since I only have 1 guitar (I don't even have an amp...), so I'm so used to play the bass arrangements all the time along with the rhythm and lead.

So, if you guys don't want to post my bass scores, I totally understand, there's no problem about it.

I've made a run at each song... the MC song is so cool to play, I'm really enjoying that song :)

Bass BG:

http://s6.postimg.org/v0ynpbaoh/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_51_Bass_BG_1_99.jpg

Bass IM:

http://s6.postimg.org/a5cde2ehd/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_51_Bass_IM_1_99.jpg

Bass ADV:

http://s6.postimg.org/5xhl5bd1t/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_51_Bass_AD_1_98.jpg

Bass MC:

http://s6.postimg.org/rxxxlxvpt/RS2014_CF_Championship_Week_51_Bass_MC_1_91.jpg

Fear not! Fully valid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@then3verend

If you don´t know yet - you do not have to work yourself up - you are free to post advanced and masterclass scores already.

Wonderful scores!

Cheers,

R.

• Like 1

Yeah @@Kaijin, I think it is totally OK to enter bass parts using emulated bass on a guitar.  But fair warning, several of the people who have done that end up getting the itch and a little GAS resulting in a new bass purchase...  :)

I don't know that I think that emulated bass would be any "easier" than playing a real bass.  Might be easier from the perspective of a guitar player, since they don't have to get used to the different fret and string spacing (wider in both cases) on an actual bass -- but I'd say that is just different; not really easier or harder.

• Like 1

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Yeah @@Kaijin, I think it is totally OK to enter bass parts using emulated bass on a guitar.  But fair warning, several of the people who have done that end up getting the itch and a little GAS resulting in a new bass purchase...   :)

I don't know that I think that emulated bass would be any "easier" than playing a real bass.  Might be easier from the perspective of a guitar player, since they don't have to get used to the different fret and string spacing (wider in both cases) on an actual bass -- but I'd say that is just different; not really easier or harder.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have been warned before and if it wasn't for the "need" that I have of a new guitar, I would have bought a bass a long time ago.

My guitar is an old and cheap Ibanez Gio and after 2 and half years of playing, I really feel that I need a guitar with a floyd rose bridge, cause there's many songs where my hand tries to reach for the whammy bar but.... there's no bar :lol:

Also my Gio has intonation problems, which are difficult to solve, cause I have this guitar for 4 or 5 years, but I only started to play in June 2012, and by that time I had lent the guitar to a "friend" for a few months and he damaged the bridge saddles, specially the high e, that's the string that I have more intonation issues with. He was a guitar player, so I trusted him, but I won't make the same mistake again :P.

I've taken the guitar to a shop and they were able to fix the action (which was VERY high, almost impossible to play sometimes) and get the intonation the best it was possible without replacing the entire bridge, which is not worthy, since we're talking about a guitar that new would cost around 120€=150$, in it's current state, it's value must be around 70€ or less.

If my expectations (another word for money lol) don't fail, I should be getting the new guitar in the very near future, hopefully in a few weeks and maybe, just maybe, then santa will bring me a new bass guitar for xmas, we'll see :D

• Like 2

I think to play in emulated mode more easy then real bass, anyway. total saying, bass part look like primitive melody for guitarist, when playing it at guitar picked. But i don`t mind accept score from player with emulated bass. Good score compensated bad feeling for them so it have lags and dystrophic sounds : ^_^

@@Kaijin Anyway in future you must buy real bass for real feels  B)

upd. forget say, i think practice with emulated bass useless for skill with real bass. 

• Like 4

Here's my first real score on Adv. Bass since I screwed up and took the screenshot too late last time:

2014-10-14_160349.jpg

Nice song, and fun bass part.  I think that is maybe with 3 misses -- should be able to get a 100%er on it this week.  Maybe.  Hopefully.  :)

• Like 5

Milkman Dan

Good score compensated bad feeling for them so it have lags and dystrophic sounds : ^_^

Anyway in future you must buy real bass for real feels  B)

.... practice with emulated bass useless for skill with real bass. 

@@Kaijin WATCH OUT!!!! @ allways does that :) :) :) :) :) :)

..... and its good!

Was "forced" to buy two real basses (ok the two - thats my strange personality there) few weeks ago - clearly one of the best purchases ever!

Emulated bass has nothing to to with standing behind a dedicated one - and they come pretty cheap those days, plus Santas have deals with bass manufacturers (!)

• Like 1

And subjective difficulty thoughts on all bass parts this week:

Leave Before the Lights Come On - Arctic Monkeys: Beg Bass
Nice song, pretty easy but some semi-fast string skipping keeps it from being *dead* easy.  Pretty static frethand, and standard fret patterns to fifths and octaves.
Difficulty:  3

Soul Meets Body - Death Cab for Cutie: Int Bass

My song selection!  Thought this one would be a nice change of pace.  Thanks again to @ for fixing up rough edges I didn't know about with regards to guitar parts.  The bass part is nice, I think anyway.  A little bit slower and more straightforward than the Arctic Monkeys song this week, but a bit less static frethand position, slightly more technical with a slide or two.  Probably a wash in terms of difficulty, so either could be the "beginner" OR "intermediate" level song because I think they are both right on the border in my opinion.
Difficulty:  3

Obstacle 1 - Interpol: Adv Bass

To me, this one feels fairly easy to get a high accuracy in according to Rocksmith, but harder to sound just right when playing it.  The rhythm/beat pattern is a bit tricky to figure out, but Rocksmith is very forgiving when it comes to timing of sustained notes, so at least for me I don't think that I sound as good as my accuracy rating would suggest I should.  A few medium technical bits, quite a bit of frethand movement, and lots of jumping up and down the strings, but nothing *extremely* challenging.  I'd peg it in the range of hard Intermediate to easy Advanced.

Difficulty:  6

21st Century Schizoid Man - King Crimson: MC Bass

Intro and outro are maybe a 4 on difficulty.  Just an octave jump and some slides...  And then you get to the middle part, which is I guess fittingly schizophrenic.  All over the place and not very intuitive...  There is a sort of method to the madness, but at my skill level it ends up just feeling/sounding kind of random rather than melodic or sensible.  In terms of difficulty, it feels harder than other recent very difficult MC songs like Californication and Holy Wars, but some of that comes just not getting the song.  It sounds/feels "random" to me still, and it is harder to reproduce random than difficult/technical.  So...

Difficulty: 9-10 ???  Maybe.

Actually, in honor of the song, I'll give it a difficulty rating in the same way that Conan rates video games:

On a scale from 36 to 119, where a 36 is easy, a 119 is very hard, 93 is "Geddy Lee on acid", and a 58 is "three hours in a dental chair", I'd give it a solid 86.5.  That's my rating, you can figure it out.   :lol:

• Like 3

Milkman Dan

I started using fingering technique after picking up real bass, as there was no space for that on guitar. Transition was difficult, I was getting not as good scores at the beginning, but that has changed with a practice.

Oh, and yes, we never stop until one buys the bass. You have to make a living :P

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Thanks for all the incentives, many people have already told me the same. :)

Since day 1 I play emulated with pick or fingers, according to what the arrangement says (there's some arrangements that I can play better with fingers and others with a pick). I've only played in a real bass once and only for a few minutes and the feeling was amazing. The only difficulty I found was the G string being too far away lol... but after a couple of minutes the fingers were starting to get used to the new gap between strings/frets and also the thickness.

You guys don't need to say anything else to convince me, believe me when I say I want a bass real bad, because I want to see if I can get the same scores I get playing emulated on a real bass... not to mention the fact that I love the sound of a real bass (@ you are absolutely correct, the sound of emulated is not the same at all and there's always lag, no matter how low the latency of the game is).

Since you guys have been so friendly and welcoming me back so well, I might just explain the real reason why I still don't have a bass.

Joey knows me very well, we've been friends for quite some time now and I've had several problems in my RL, which Joey has been a great friend that I can always count with to talk, so all that I'm about to say he already knows.

I don't like much to talk about myself, so I'll just explain a long story in a few sentences.

I'm a single father, my son is 7 years old and he's a great kid (I know all parents say this, but my son is a really nice kid, given that I'm not with his mother since he was 7 months old and for the last 2 years, she doesn't care about him at all).

Until last year, my life financially was pretty stable, but in the beginning of this year I started to loose clients and after a couple of months I was without work (I was self-employed, so I don't even have an unemployment allowance).

Well, that's the situation I've been in the last 7 months and you guys can imagine the financial difficulties I have, since I lost all sort of income I had.

My son is always in 1st place above all else, so I can only spend money in my passion for music, when he has everything he needs, which hasn't been easy... if I didn't have my parents help, things could have been really bad, I'm very fortunate to have them.

I don't want to seem dramatic or depressive, that's not how I am, I'm just sharing this with you cause I'm very straight forward and honest, so you guys can know me a little better.

That being said, I've got some possibilities on the way and I just need 1 of them to come through, so in a few months I might be able to start getting my life back to normal.

For those who know me for some time, this was one of the main reasons why I had to "step down" from the CS, I just had to sort my personal life 1st.

P.S.: For those who don't know me, very long posts are like a "trademark" I have, when I start typing, I just don't realize how much I wrote until I finish and hit the "Post" button.... I hope you guys don't mind.

Btw, it's very good to be back and read all your nice posts, since I've been gone for more than 6 months.

Thanks

• Like 9

Welcome @@Kaijin, nice to have you back on board (or it could be reeeeally rubbish since I've never met you and know nothing about you... wait, no... I know you better than the back of my hand now, so, we're cool!) :)

Forgot to post an update to my intermediate score last night ( Despite the previous one being 100% It didn't feel justified to allow that one given the "missed 17th fret-gate" debacle that Rocksmith seemed to overlook )

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/40855620090630841/05C0DA724594F56ED3946661C1949EBF00D66A07/

And me, killing the proverbial radio star with another video :)

I tried to re-record this track today as I'm donning a much nicer jumper but my hands are too feckin' cold to play and baby is due his lunch :)

@@MilkmanDan such a good song choice :) It's lovely to play. Kudos.

Edited by NoonyDeloony
  • Like 5

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

I have recharted the King Crimson song because of the wrong chords, changed a few single notes, also in solo and added more tones especially for the light distorted sound. For now I've got only DD versions. In NDD the RR didn't work for the whole song, but I will fix this soon as possible. I just took the same tab like the old version with this great RS to GP converter tool. It's realy great.

My version is half step deeper, I transposed it because the recording. 

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/21st-century-schizoid-man-r9039

Sounds much better

• Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

@ Thanks. Will try.

@@Kaijin

There i added bonus rhythm without required Capo. (tried  set capo as bonus, not don`t know why, anyway got track without capo as bonus). So not suitable for score attack for those, who have not a capo, only for fun play. -->> Link

Link for Mac (not tested)

upd. Fixed, dont know how so :) Now capo as bonus there.

I have to fix the unisono bendings, they are both bended :wacko:

Welcome back @@Kaijin. Its good to see you again.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/LeaveBeforethelightscomeon9513_zpsa5b8fa2f.jpg

Am i the only one that feel the end of this song would be better in tremolo picking?  They way it is now you get almost all of your accuracy from the boring repetitive notes/chords.

It took a few tries go stop it from downlevel me.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/th_Soulmeetsbody73_zpsa8d676c9.jpg

Song like this is what makes me want to be able to play guitar.  Its all kinds of crazy and looks really fun to play. But for me right now its just string mashing and wild guesses.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/th_21stCenturySchizoidman73_zpsfb757720.jpg

• Like 3