Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 50

Mortalo

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Tried the MC bass last night.... in my opinion it's a bad choice for challenge. It's too long if you don't know the song (like me). And then it's absolutely no fun because of the worse bass tone. It's only distortion and amp, no speakers, sounds terrible, sorry. First I thought it's guitar tone, but loaded in sound designer showed me it's realy bass.  I think the tone needs a better amp, NO distortion, maybe little bit by increase the amp gain, compressor would be nice and good speakers. But actually it's a torture for my ears over 20 min :wacko: .

Maybe with a better tone I will try again.

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I don't think I would always win, advanced class is very new, we've only had a few advanced songs. I have plenty of time to practice too.

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Not sure if it's fair to ask but, can I be levelled down? MC I do try but I don't think my ability reflects MC. Not even sure what level I would be now advanced has come in to play tbh. Thought it would be worth asking as I don't see myself scoring anymore points in mc if I have only accrued 3 in 10 weeks as an active player.

@ - who would not wanna compete against Noony? - From my side - come over here!!!!

AND: I think we should talk about what MilkmanDan said last week

... issue for bass, where 98-99% accuracy scores are (usually) more easily achieved than lead/rhythm.

That very issue might partially explain why there are relatively few consistent participants that are in the beginner (even intermediate) class for bass. Maybe the automatic leveling up procedure should be a bit different for bass, to allow the newer bass players to stay down in beginner or intermediate for longer until they are really ready to move up. Like, >98% for *5* weeks in a row or 100% scores 2 weeks in a row for bass. ...Or something. I just hope nobody on the bass side has been discouraged from participating because they end up in Advanced or MC before they really feel like they want to be there.

/rocksalute

For myself i play bass only for few weeks, love it, comes easy and i practically was put in advanced where i really feel at home. Problem is even i have to avoid being pushed to MC (already 98+ this week), even if my fingers are longing to do a few better runs....

Please share your thoughts!

R.

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

My experience has been that I was bumped up to mc during the week that the MC song was Wasting Love, which in terms of ease, was considerably easier than the other levels. This was also prior to bass lines being recognised as significantly varied in difficulty compared to other classes. @SirBambleofGam is the type of player I'd class as a MC without a shadow of doubt... Myself, absolutely not. Just because I can occasionally roll off a streak doesn't make me an MC Player. I put literally hours per day into practising the int and advanced tracks and even then they are ropey, though considerably better than when I first play them, I believe that it's a little unfair I'm in a category where I have no chance of placing... Is that not as unfair as me winning on occasion?

• Like 2

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

My experience has been that I was bumped up to mc during the week that the MC song was Wasting Love, which in terms of ease, was considerably easier than the other levels. This was also prior to bass lines being recognised as significantly varied in difficulty compared to other classes. @SirBambleofGam is the type of player I'd class as a MC without a shadow of doubt... Myself, absolutely not. Just because I can occasionally roll off a streak doesn't make me an MC Player. I put literally hours per day into practising the int and advanced tracks and even then they are ropey, though considerably better than when I first play them, I believe that it's a little unfair I'm in a category where I have no chance of placing... Is that not as unfair as me winning on occasion?

Undoubtfully there are a lot of magnificent MC players here who belong nowhere else. But sometimes you can end up rather easily there and downgrade takes time and motivation.

I checked the leaderboards.

Your topic seems to be an advanced -> MC problem only.

We can discuss if one should be able to repell a progression at that point per pm to staff or if this would be to much of a distortion.

...... and, Noony you might be winning adv, but you aint without a fight!!!

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Tried the MC bass last night.... in my opinion it's a bad choice for challenge. It's too long if you don't know the song (like me). And then it's absolutely no fun because of the worse bass tone. It's only distortion and amp, no speakers, sounds terrible, sorry. First I thought it's guitar tone, but loaded in sound designer showed me it's realy bass.  I think the tone needs a better amp, NO distortion, maybe little bit by increase the amp gain, compressor would be nice and good speakers. But actually it's a torture for my ears over 20 min :wacko: .

I had the same issue, so I tone stick'ed to a bog standard clean tone.  You probably already know this, but you can assign up to 3 alternate tones to 2-3-4 on the number keys above the qwerty line on your keyboard and switch to them on the fly with a simple keystroke (or 1 to switch back to the song's default tone).  So for bass I put in a light distortion, moderate distortion, and clean but loud tone -- keeps me covered for close to anything that comes up with a bad bass tone.  That was better, but 20 minutes of song I don't like isn't remedied by a simple tone switch.  (no offense to fans of the song -- just not my thing)

AND: I think we should talk about what MilkmanDan said last week

{snip}

For myself i play bass only for few weeks, love it, comes easy and i practically was put in advanced where i really feel at home. Problem is even i have to avoid being pushed to MC (already 98+ this week), even if my fingers are longing to do a few better runs....

Please share your thoughts!

R.

I think the current rules make good sense -- for lead and rhythm guitar where often a 90-95%+ is a really good accuracy score.  Compare that to the bass leaderboard, where usually the winner is decided by tenths or hundredths of a percent accuracy past 99.xx, or even requiring a score in score attack to distinguish between multiple 100%ers.  

So, I'm definitely in favor of the level-up rules for bass being discussed and tweaked.  Although we'd definitely need some discussion to figure out how they could be adjusted if in fact most agree that they should.

We haven't had a whole lot of weeks with the addition of the Advanced class, or distinguished between bass difficulty vs. guitar part difficulty on the chosen songs.  Now that we're doing both of those things, the difficulty of the MC songs has definitely gone up.  When we made the switch to 4 classes (Beg/Int/Adv/MC) I remember that we allowed participants to declare what level they wanted to sort into, but the difficulty spike since then I think is good reason to allow people to call a mulligan on that and drop down a level if they want to.  Perhaps in conjunction with some advancement rules adjustments like @@Rodman suggested above?

@@NoonyDeloony -- You'll be missed in MC if you decide to switch down, although you can always still attempt the MC songs.  Hope to still see your scores in advanced AND MC if it is a song you like, and especially hope you keep posting videos!  :)  I'm close to wanting to switch also -- my one win at MC was before the addition of advanced, and in a week with pretty slow participation.  I won't win very often (if ever again!) in MC, but I will probably stick anyway.  I (usually) like the challenge of the MC songs and am more motivated when I can see improvement in my own personal accuracy/score throughout the week, although the motivation from the competition is fun also.  Anyway, have fun and keep on jammin'!  :)

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

I agree, with bass now all confused. A lot participants are in MC and a few in other class. I think need change rules for bass about leveled up 99+ to 100%, 3 weeks in row >97% change to 3 week in row >99. And allow now once for all who want, leveled down at one class.

@@Rodman If Noony leveled down, i can`t compete against Noony! it will sorry.

In an earlier post I indicated I got a 99.3% on beginner lead, but linked it to the wrong screen shot :)

Here is the correct one - 99.3%

Went to the MLB Playoff game between the Royals and Angels last night, so I'm off work today.

Might try some bass or the 20 min Dream Theater song today.

• Like 2

The truth is, before bass lines were separated, classes did not represent the difficulty well. I leveled to MC thanks to Pour Sugar on Me (one of the easiest bass lines in RC) so I can feel the pain in some of you :) And the way we allowed to drop or go up a level with introduction of Advanced class, I believe that it would be right (seeing how classes were wrongly represented) to allow dropping by a one level (you have too great skill to allow for more). If other Organizers have nothing against, that could come in live for this week (at least you have to declare it this week, you don't have to post score).

When talking about making it more difficult to level up, I'm against. It would make rules overly complicated. Though there is one thing I could accept - "if songs difficulty is below it's class level, 99% rule do not apply". That would cut out too easy song level ups, but still leave 97> rule working. As there is plenty of better bass players then me, I await your opinion on songs difficulty scores, as that's what can really help with wrong level ups. Maybe No More Lies and Twist and Shout bass lines shouldn't be Adv level but Int one? Maybe we're giving too high difficulty scores? Or maybe playing bass is simply too easy to start with?

20 min for a song is way too much for Championship, yet it's 50th week, so from time to time something unexpected can happen :)

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Could it be possible that, if someone posts scores below 9x.xx% for several weeks running could they be given an option to call a Mulligan? ( love that turn of phrase @@MilkmanDan, reminds me of magic the gathering :) .) I very much doubt anyone would deliberately sabotage their own play just to get the option to level down but at least it will give folk a chance to get out of the purgatory of MC when a succession of insanely difficult songs are selected... I notice the same names occurring from beginner to int, would it be too complex to allow some leeway for those on the cusp to play adv and mc and still score?

• Like 1

I had the same issue, so I tone stick'ed to a bog standard clean tone.  You probably already know this, but you can assign up to 3 alternate tones to 2-3-4 on the number keys above the qwerty line on your keyboard and switch to them on the fly with a simple keystroke (or 1 to switch back to the song's default tone).  So for bass I put in a light distortion, moderate distortion, and clean but loud tone -- keeps me covered for close to anything that comes up with a bad bass tone.  That was better, but 20 minutes of song I don't like isn't remedied by a simple tone switch.  (no offense to fans of the song -- just not my thing)

Yes, I know that, and maybe I try again, but for now it's enough. I tried yesterday two times in Score Attack after checking the riffs in RR... was not a good idea, two attemps is two times failed  :o ... so maybe another try in learn a song.... later

but I also don't like this song

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

99% 3 times in a row and 100% once? Though isn't it too harsh? 98 and 99.5 could be better?

But when you're doing mulligan you're drawing one card less... how translate it to RC rules? :P Rule is <79% 2 times in a row and you're going down. We can make <84% for bass players? Though there is no point for it. Rule of not dropping down was made to make Championship fair. There are few on insane level, but it's about learning and trying to be better. <89%? Though then I don't know if it's true to the nature of Championship.

First, let's make change to the way we're leveling up. Then if you see that changes to leveling down should be done, we will revisit it.

It's better to make one change at a time. That will give as picture how important that change was.

Also, in my opinion, getting 100% is a huge deal. It takes a lot of skill, patiance and concentration. It's really difficult to be done. That's why we have Honorable Mention List for that. I have great respect for such scores and players.

I don't think I will be submitting this week anything. I don't really have the time to learn a 20 minute song that I won't like, no offense to anyone who likes Dream Theater (John Petrucci is an amazing guitarist though). 

Guitars owned:

Schecter Damien Platinum-6 FR (EMG 85-81) | Ibanez GRG20Z | B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Warbeast (EMG 85-81) | Jackson Pro King V KVT (Duncan SH-6).

Playing since:

November 11, 2013.

Favorite Genre:

Heavy Metal \m/ (specifically Death Metal, Power Metal, etc. and the heavier stuff) 

I haven't got round to playing it yet @@Nacholede, my practice starts when the kids are in bed ... 3 more hours til respite :) I will let you know then how it goes :D

• Like 1

@@Mortalo, in context of the RC, I meant to drop down 1 level when using the "mulligan" reference, an example of having to make the sacrifice in order to still be in the game... Presumably @@MilkmanDan meant the same, but I am sure he'll correct me if I am wrong.

• Like 1

@@NoonyDeloony And I was refering to M:tG part :P

Octavarium is fun, as it's not boring even if it's 20 min long. There is something new at every corner. Time passes nicely :)

• Like 1

TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM!

http://i.imgur.com/b1siO3j.jpg

Awesome score man you have a lot of patience to play through this song. I will attempt to play it again possibly tonight or tomorrow as it is a great song. Its long but it is worth it. 

• Like 2

@@NoonyDeloony And I was refering to M:tG part :P

Octavarium is fun, as it's not boring even if it's 20 min long. There is something new at every corner. Time passes nicely :)

You know...i was listening to Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence that is a 43 minutes song...yeah, 43 minutes

And it passed in a blink of an eye. I felt that the song lenght was 10 minutes or even less

It happens the same with Octavarium...i enjoy it a lot and i felt that it finishes very quickly 

9A7alLl.jpg

TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM!

http://i.imgur.com/b1siO3j.jpg

Awesome score man you have a lot of patience to play through this song. I will attempt to play it again possibly tonight or tomorrow as it is a great song. Its long but it is worth it. 

Yep, i have a lot of patience, more with this song (Because is one of my favorites from Dream Theater)

And playing it feels amazing, very amazing

• Like 2

9A7alLl.jpg