Custom Game Toolkit - Game Saves Gigbox

• Developer

CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith 2014 Remastered ...

Special thanks to Biermeister 44 for help with beta testing CGT in RS14R user environment.

Check back here for new version of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT).  NEW Features ...

NOTE:  Avast AV and other AV programs may interfere with CGT's installation and operation.  Please add the CGT installer and CGT application to your AV program's exclusion/white list if you receive unexpected results or error messages.  Always make sure you are logged on as master Admin when using CGT.

CGT Version 2.2.2 released,  Net 4.0.30319  is required.  (NOTE:  Win10 and Win8 users must install this version of .Net New features, Advance Repair Options, support for CDLC Playlists, error checking, and performance improvements.  Automatically identifies and quarantines corrupt CDLC so custom game saves can be fully repaired and synced.

New Custom Colors feature ...

CustomColors.jpg?width=385&height=428

Customize string, note, chord, and tuning peg colors.   Special thanks to coldrampage for feature POC and development assistance.

• Image Injector supports modding the Loft and most other images
  • Added drag/drop functionality to String Colors
  • Fixed Custom Color tuning peg colorization issue
  • Added Expert User checkbox inject a modified file
  • Easily customize any in game image with Image Injector (here's just a few examples)
  • Inno Setup Installer
  • Fixed Image Injector source path bug
  • Fixed bug in Remastered Intro Screens
  • Guitar Inlays now produces working custom inlays for left handed players
  • Improved GameSaves user profile transfer tool for better compatibility with Rocksmith Remastered
  • NEW Player Progress with Song Stats and Game Stats
  • Fixed Delete Duplicates index exception and added 'Duplicates', option 'Reset View' to default
  • Added AutoUpdate feature along with toolstrip menu checkbox so feature may be enabled or disabled
  • Complete rewrite of Profile Transfer feature
  • ProfileBackup feature expanded for improved interface with Remastered and Steam
  • Added methods to automatically detect storage locations of User Profile files
  • Added new CDLC Organizer feature to FileManager - Sort CDLC into ArtistName folders
  • Updated CGT to work with Rocksmith 2014 Remastered version
  • Updated IntroScreens and ImageInjector to work properly with RS14R
  • Updated GameSaves to adjust date/time LastModified in LocalProfiles
  • Applied newest version of RocksmithToolkitLib to project

Please PM me with your feedback for this latest version.

--------------------

So after reading many post about problems with corrupted game saves or just backing up localprofiles.json and *_prfldb files.  I developed Game Saves Gigbox to make backup, transfer, repair, reset, snyc, and create new game saves much easier.  The official release is here  towards bottom of page, included as part of the Custom Game Toolkit program.  Just look for the Game Saves menu tab when you run the program. 

Feature List

• Backup - make a backup copy (*.bak) of game save files before you have problems.  (Hint: remove .bak extension to restore.)  Backup option now includes support for creating CDLC playlists.
  • Transfer - move game save from one computer to another.
  • Repair - auto fix corrupt game saves.  I do personalized game save repairs if auto fix does not work.  You can send a games save repair request along with the link to your corrupt game save here ... I have a 100% repair success rate.
  • Reset - selectively restore game save settings to defaults or clear them all together.  Use it to reset DD and others.
  • Sync - synchronize the game save with currently installed CDLC.  Removes references to CDLC in the game save that are no longer installed, speeds up loading and reduces crashing.  Be sure to remove unused CDLC before running this.
  • New - Create a new default game save, or split an existing multiplayer save into separate single player saves.

New features - Look for the "Statalog" tab menu

• Custom Song Catalog (CDLC File Manager) - catalogs CDLC files by File Name, Author, Title, Album, Year, DD, GUID into CSV file format.  Check the GUID field to find duplicates that can cause game crashes.
  • Player Stats and Song Stats - in CSV file format (Excel compatible).  Improved error checking and performance.

Latest upgrade - Look for the new "CDLC Manager" tab menu

• CDLC File Manager GUI (with advanced CDLC corruption detection and reporting)
  • Improved processing of CDLC songs
  • Quickly find and delete duplicate CDLC files that are causing those pesky game crashes and hangs. 
  • Added option to move or delete duplicates.

Tips to avoid game save corruption:

• Do not exit, quit or abort the game in any way other than following the in-game prompts to quit .
  • Never shut off your computer while the game is loaded.
  • Never attempt to modify/add CDLC files while the game is loaded.
  • Never attempt to modify any other game files (such as *.ini) while the game is loaded.
  • Never be the first to try new untested CDLC.  75% of corrupt game saves are caused by CDLC that are already on the List of Crashers, jammers, dead toners, and MISC problems.
  • Minimize the number of CDLC files that are installed.  Do you really need over 1500 CDLC arrangements loaded?  Backup and remove ones that are not played then use the Game Saves Gigbox - Sync feature.
  • Be patient while the game loads and shut downs properly. 

Thanks to @pcsmith for his detailed post at http://rsmods.oakey-dev.eu about file formats.  Special thanks to all the CST developers and to cabalistic for inspiration.  Additional, thanks to all the CGT beta testers ... you know who you are.

Personalized Game Save Repair Service for:
multiplayer for @@sZXZ  Donor smile.png
multiplayer for @@Tysylio  Donor  crown.png 
singleplayer for @@squallexe Donor tada.png
multiplayer for @@comp Donor plus1.png
and many more ...

A big THANK YOU to all the CGT supporters who donate on the Official CGT Website  smile.png

• Like 37

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@cozy1, those wiki based on RStoolkit code(and rstk contributors work) actually...

Thank you for investigating in this issue, It's highly requested. can you also develop all profiles related stuff? like getting scores, cleanup scores for deleted cdlc\clean up dd cache etc?

• Developer

Will do almost anything for beer money Master @@Alex360.  It is in the plan.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

wow cool just them my save broke =)

http://i.imgur.com/xD8Omei.jpg

so what should i do? 

Looks like you got an old version.  Make sure you have version 1.3.1 or newer.  Also,  NET40 needs to be installed.  Program will run as portable app (standalone) so it doesn't need to be in RSToolkit folder.

• Developer
@sZXZ  Wow that is one mother game save  in the "0b6d*_prfldb" file.  You may have broke the roadies back.  Try renaming  the "0b6d*_prfldb" file to "0b6d*_prfldb.bak" and see if the game will load without it.  Leave the other three files alone.  Looks like some errant text was inserted into your game save and corrupted the file.  I will see if it can be fixed without loosing too much game save progress.

Kira's game save may be ok.  Try loading only the "840c_prfldb", *.json, and crd files.  I'll keep working on yours.

• Like 1

• Developer

If you are running XP ...

Go under Set Program Settings and Access. 

Next look under Change or Remove Programs.

If you are running Win7 or higher.  Look here.

Make sure that Net Framework 4.0 is installed.  If you don't have it go here and download and install it.

Confirmed the posted beta is working on my Win7 64 bit non-development machine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

I have not seen any xbox, ps3, or mac game saves.  If you send copies of the game save files I will take a look and let you know if I will  support.

• Developer

Need help really frustrating going through the setup menu every time to play rocksmith because my game save keeps saying its corrupted. Where do I find the save files and how do I upload them for testing? help please!!!!!!!!!

Use Windows Search to find this file: "localprofiles.json"  RAR all the files in the folder and upload files to your favorite site or use DropBox.  Use the Feedback Form here to send me the URL link to the file.  I will try to repair for you.

• Developer

@@cozy1,

Thank you for investigating in this issue, It's highly requested. can you also develop all profiles related stuff? like getting scores, cleanup scores for deleted cdlc\clean up dd cache etc?

Check out the new features.  Just like you asked for.  Time for a beer.  Cheers

Thanks for the awesome work in the toolkit cozy1.

I'm encountering a problem which I don't know what the solution might be.

I've downloaded the latest build (v1.4.4) and I started to back up the profile files.

Then I selected "Repair" and the app created 2 new profile files. I did this cause sometimes the game got the tone "stuck" and also I had some crashes every now and then.

Next I used the "Sync" feature, so I followed the steps and when the toolkit is synchronizing, and when it starts to synchronize, after just a few customs, the application freezes, I have to manually close the process.

I've removed the custom where the toolkit freezes, but I got the same result. After removing +20 customs, I realized it had nothing to do with the customs themselves.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Here are some screenshots...

Before I click the "GO" button

http://s6.postimg.org/dmz5cew9d/screenshot_4.png

When it freezes (it says complete, but nothing happens until I close the process and I don't think the synchronization is finished, since I have more customs... the total number of customs I have are 209)

http://s6.postimg.org/onuahfoi9/Freeze_point.png

• Developer

Thanks for the awesome work in the toolkit cozy1.

I'm encountering a problem which I don't know what the solution might be.

I've downloaded the latest build (v1.4.4) and I started to back up the profile files.

Then I selected "Repair" and the app created 2 new profile files. I did this cause sometimes the game got the tone "stuck" and also I had some crashes every now and then.

Next I used the "Sync" feature, so I followed the steps and when the toolkit is synchronizing, and when it starts to synchronize, after just a few customs, the application freezes, I have to manually close the process.

I've removed the custom where the toolkit freezes, but I got the same result. After removing +20 customs, I realized it had nothing to do with the customs themselves.

Am I doing something wrong?

I don't think you did anything wrong.  Here's what you can try:

1.  Download latest release of Custom Song Toolkit again.

2.  Uninstall all CDLC that are listed on Crashers, jammers, dead toners, and MISC problems.  Search this thread for each of your CDLC songs.  I know you have 209 CDLC but you got to do it.  If you don't want to go through them one-by-one, just remove them all for quick confirmation.  Either way follow the steps below.

3.  Defrag your hard drive.  The "not responding message" is either because the tool can not load files due to disk fragmentation or your computer is having memory/processor issues.  The tool has been optimized to use threading so it should not be hanging here.  How much memory does your computer have?  What processor?

4.  Run Repair tool on your game save.  Only after doing 1- 3 above.

5.  Run Sync tool on your game save only after all suspect CDLC have been removed.

6.  Run game and see if game save works.  If you still have problems send me your game save with the backup copy here.

7.  Also check that you do not have two custom tones with same name as this may cause the game to hang.  Probably should do this first.  Just wanted to make sure you read this far.

Thanks for the reply cozy1.

I have an AMD 64 Athlon X2 4800+ with 4Gb of RAM.

I have my HDD always defraged, so that's not the cause of the problem.

I think it might have something to do with the .NET framework version, since I've a problem with the Song toolkit auto-update feature and it's a problem with my PC, which I still couldn't find a solution.

My save file works fine, it's just once or twice a month that the tone gets stuck and it's always when I play more than 3h straight, the same with the crashes, so I can "live" with that.... also, since I've used the "Repair" feature of your toolkit that game seems to be running much smoother, so it improved the loadings for sure.

I'll so some more testing and if I manage to find what was causing the issue, I'll post it.

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy