Site Never Finishes Loading?

Pruitt1962

Question

Is anyone else experiencing this? This has been happening to me since I first found the site last week, probably not long after it first appeared. When I load the site, it never seems to finish loading? The spinner in the browser address bar just keeps spinning. I usually manually stop it, as it annoys me a little bit seeing it spinning like that. I am wondering if this might be contributing to the Load issues you seem to be experiencing with the site? If everyone's browser is continually hitting it all the time when teh page is open, looking for something that it's not finding, then that could help explain some of that over-usage.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention this, as this is the only site that does this to me.

Best of luck with everything!!

11 answers to this question

• Administrator

Have you tried using the other theme (Default) via -> Change Theme? Does it still happen?

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Possibly due to the ads? There are a few websites that I frequent that just refuse to load sometimes. My browser task bar will say "waiting for blah, blah, doubleclickads, blah". I sometimes have to refresh it a few times to make it load.

I don't seem to have any issues here, though. I'm almost always using Chrome. The spinner will flutter a bit, on and off, but stops after a few seconds.

There's a lot of stuff going on when a web page loads that you never see. Most modern sites are designed to get the experience ahead of the work so the "visitor" doesn't run away to another site.

• Like 1

Possibly due to the ads?

That's it! I use Ad Block Pro in FF. I just temporarily disabled it for the Index page, and the page finally finishes loading. I had already tested NoScript, and knew it wasn't that. I should have thought of AdBlock. Oh well, at least that answers that question for me. hehe... Thanks! :)

That's it! I use Ad Block Pro in FF. I just temporarily disabled it for the Index page, and the page finally finishes loading. I had already tested NoScript, and knew it wasn't that. I should have thought of AdBlock. Oh well, at least that answers that question for me. hehe... Thanks! :)

I guess ads make you pay either way. ;)