Intermediate: N/A

Advanced: @@cabalistic
Masterclass: @@Dennis430

Bass
Beginner: N/A
Intermediate: @@Hovenbet

Advanced: @@Hovenbet
Masterclass: @@Dennis430

Congrats to all the winners. Honorably mentioned this week are @@NoonyDeloony for 100% at Beginner Bass and @@MilkmanDan, @Mortalo and @@NoonyDeloony for 100% at Intermediate Bass.

We love videos! It looks like @@Hovenbet as/url] well, with hissix/url] videos.

Ah, yes, Hail to the King! @@SirBlambleOfGam and Holy Wars... The Punishment Due :D

The songs for this week are:

Beginner:  Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication (Chosen by @@Smy )

Intermediate: L7 - Wargasm (Chosen by @ )

Advanced:  Daft Punk - Get Lucky (Chosen by @@MilkmanDan )

Masterclass:  Rage - Straight To Hell (Chosen by @ )

Rhythm Path:

Beginner:  N/A

Intermediate: L7 - Wargasm

Advanced:  Rage - Straight To Hell

Masterclass: N/A

Bass Path:

Beginner: Rage - Straight To Hell
Intermediate: L7 - Wargasm

Advanced: Daft Punk - Get Lucky
Masterclass: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication

Share with us your opinion on this weeks songs difficulty scores (1-10).

Honorable list Diehard men, playing in their class 5 weeks in row without pass (they have little more preference when choosing a song from song selection list for next week):

P.s. Please, see changes in Championship Class Lists!

Have fun!

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Some interesting variety this week.

Beginner Bass - 98%, 273 streak

Intermediate Bass - 97%, 153 streak

Advanced Bass - 95%, 85 streak

MasterClass Bass - 87%, 64 streak

I don't like Red Hot's. And I hate this song. I played it with music down to 1 :P

I have to change machine heads in my guitar, so I hope for lead frenzy at the end of the week.

I'm sorry, rhythm players...

• Like 1

@@Nacholede Seeing that @ is a RC participant, I believe that we'll be able to get non-DD version :)

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
  • Like 3
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

@@Nacholede Seeing that @ is a RC participant, I believe that we'll be able to get non-DD version :)

Great :D

I'll give another try tomorrow...today i will see Dream Theater!

I saw them in February, they're bloody incredible right now! Enjoy!

Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

the solo especially needs more practice

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140928/lxycp2lx.jpg

I had another run without crosses but with less accuracy

MC Bass

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140928/vocou4cx.jpg

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I don't think Californication is a good pick as a beginner song (lead). I'd put it on around at *least* a 4 maybe 4.5 on the current rating system. It's got around 10 open chords, a few tricky arpeggios, a non trivial solo, an intermediate strum pattern for the chorus, and open chords later in the song. It's got a lot of skills that I'd consider above beginner, especially compared to previous weeks. I watched an hour of video on how to play it, before trying and I can maybe get 40%. The version on CF is even missing a few transitions in the main riff that would it closer to Advanced. I love the song and will play it someday but feels a little above my skill at the moment and even if I remove DD it's not going to be pretty. ;)

Two *tough* songs this week for advanced and MC bass.  I selected Get Lucky assuming it would be MC, but Flea / Red Hot Chili Peppers is enough harder to push it down to advanced.  :)

I'll see how hard I can fail at the RHCP song for MC (I suck at slap/pop) to at least get a score and keep up the diehard streak and concentrate on Get Lucky.  Very fun and funky song (if I do say so myself as the person who nominated it), so I'm looking forward to this week being an opportunity to get better at it!

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

Hmm.  I'm getting a crash when I try to max out the difficulty on all sections of Californication.  Maybe I have an old version -- I'll try to follow up but thought I should check here to see if anyone else has the same issue.

Milkman Dan

Here's my "opening" score for Get Lucky:  (Adv Bass)

2014-09-28_122905.jpgI corrupted my profile somewhere around a month ago, so that number 2 for times played isn't accurate -- this was up there as one of my most frequently played songs, somewhere in the 20's before my profile died (I have since learned to back it up frequently).  So, it took me quite a bit of practice just to get in the range of 98% accuracy like this.  Looking forward to seeing how much I can improve on that with a week of focus on it.

--EDIT--

Went for round two straight away and aced the first half but stumbled a lot at the end.  97.44% accuracy but 1,995,416 for score (lower accuracy so I won't post the screenshot).  But, if I can just combine the timing and accuracy from the first half of that one with the more consistent accuracy of my 1st playthrough, I might have a pretty high ceiling for accuracy on this one yet!

• Like 2

Milkman Dan

Played the whole song through in Riff Repeater at 80% and 90% speed, then SA again:

2014-09-28_130339.jpgThe end riff just before what I'd call the outro is my main source of misses.  Maybe with some more riff repeater on just that section, I can improve there.  I think a 99.x should be doable, with a stretch goal of 99.4+ for me...  Back to the fun grindstone!

• Like 3

Milkman Dan

And I realized that I don't have to turn up difficulty if I just play it in SA on Hard, so here's an opening score for MC Bass:

2014-09-28_132611.jpgI got 3 strikes (and only about halfway through the song!) on my first try.  So the above is actually the first time I actually managed to play the song the whole way through.

I downloaded a newer version of the song than what I had.  Assuming that fixes my crash issue, I'll have to devote some time to this one also -- no slap/pop so I can't blame my accuracy/score on that...  And it is a good song!

• Like 2

Milkman Dan

I just came back from the show of Dream Theater here in Buenos Aires...holy shit! AMAZING!

3 hours of DT, the show was excelent and the setlist too

I'm totally shattered now hahaha so i'm going to sleep and in a few hours i will give another play to the MC song 

• Like 4

9A7alLl.jpg

back from Rotterdam n Amsterdam...

unlike any other week the songs are already in mz head, never played, though.

Only onee victory last week, got caught and couuldnt fight back twice :angry: ... so lets mf go :ph34r:

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

lol Californication not a beginner song in the meaning of the word ...

surely not my way to int, ok with keepin it though might be demotivation for some, however i like it hard...

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Heh, I felt that Beg song is quite slow and not overly complicated, that you need to use RR to get good scores but it's simple. It's hard for me to tell as I can't stand that song, so maybe I'm not the one to judge here.

Heh, I felt that Beg song is quite slow and not overly complicated, that you need to use RR to get good scores but it's simple. It's hard for me to tell as I can't stand that song, so maybe I'm not the one to judge here.

It does have a slower BPM, but half of the chords I wouldn't consider beginner level chords, the finger position switch isn't coming that easy. Slowing down the arpeggios and song to 50% I can almost get them, but not at full speed, and not in a week. And once the ending hits it completely downgrades me. I think it's a matter of using significant RR just to even pass the song without failure with the DD on. ;)

Here's my attempt after removing DD, playing RR on parts of this for an hour and playing through Youtube tutorials of this song for about an hour, just to keep the weekly streak up if this song remains. If I crack 50% (this week) that would be an achievement. 

http://i.imgur.com/coLUj11l.jpg

This is easier for me than i first though. Just played it a few more times. Did not even need RR.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/maztor42/Rocksmith%20championship%202014/Californication86_zps26f4b8a2.jpg

It's excellent chord training and god knows i need that. And i like to train arpeggios and string skipping.    So this song is kinda perfect for me right now.  :wub:

• Like 1

Ok, I understand that Californication could be a miss, still I don't want to change whole song (also because of bass path), I think that I can allow additional song for lead and rhythm beginner paths. And because I don't want to choose new song (as bass path stays as it was), I believe that cool song for beginners would be (initially selected for week 31, but it didn't got deserved love) The Who - My Generation (official song). What do you think about that? You could still post score for RHCP's song, as well as for My Generation. So we would end up with Bonus Beginner Lead and Beginner Rhythm being song by The Who. Still winner for Californication would be named. You want to do it that way? Comment.

• Like 1