Genre that isn't well covered in either the official or CDLC catalogues?

Shakey64

Question

What do you think, are there some genres neglected?  There seems to be a lot of metal (of various sub-genres), punk (mostly non-70s stuff) and general/classic rock but not much love for these:

blues; rockabilly/psychobilly; country; indie; original 50s rock and roll...

Definitely not a moan as the CDLC output is phenomenal (and I could learn to create some myself) but if there are any talented CDLCers out there maybe this thread could point them towards where people think are gaps?  

On a similar note is there anywhere to log request for songs on the site?

• Like 2

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

I enjoy just about every genre of music, but I look for what I could reasonably learn right now, so for example Metallica and Iron Maiden are a little bit outa my grasp (I can play parts, no solos for sure).

Unfortunately, I am probably a month out from having time to learn to make CDLCs, but I have a small number of projects in mind.  The problem is there is no tab for a lot of stuff so it would be that much longer to sit in Anytune Pro and tab songs out by hand.  I would be happy to try Stepping Razor in my first 5 or so but a quick look finds nothing but some simple open chords.  Reggae bass lines would be much easier to tab but I'm not versed in how to play reggae so I don't have a leg up in tabbing the guitar parts.

If you don't have to fix the tab it's just going through the motions. I've made a simple point by point tutorial for my approach, I guarantee it's the simplest way to get quality results in no time. I recommend trying it out on a good and simple tab and learn to make a perfect package.http://customsforge.com/topic/856-tutorial-for-proper-initial-gp-tab-sync-to-audio-trackeof-updated/I don't cover the next phase toolkit/wwise related stuff, there are other tutorials which help with this process and it will be trivial next time you do it. Or details of managing phrases/sections in GP tab but I will probably add that later.

sounds good, thanks!

Let me think. Blues. Blues. Blues. And blues.

I mean seriously, it's a joke what the game gives you (sorry the Black Keys doesn't count). That's the whole reason I came searching for custom songs only to find there isn't much blues available there either. Does no one like the blues anymore?

How about some SRV? Some more of the Kings? Clapton? Maybe some more modern stuff. 

We could definitely use some more reggae in RS. It seems that it's still a very highly under appreciated genre, because it seems so easy on the outside but is a lot more complex than the average listener may think. It would definitely help beginners to develop a better understanding of rhythmic guitar playing and may teach them some useful techniques for playing sweet little licks in between main phrases as well. And the bass players get served as well with some nice offbeat and sometimes also quite challenging rhythmic lines.

• Like 1

We could definitely use some more reggae in RS. It seems that it's still a very highly under appreciated genre, because it seems so easy on the outside but is a lot more complex than the average listener may think. It would definitely help beginners to develop a better understanding of rhythmic guitar playing and may teach them some useful techniques for playing sweet little licks in between main phrases as well. And the bass players get served as well with some nice offbeat and sometimes also quite challenging rhythmic lines.

I will do more ska when I get a chance, which is a base for reggae.  There are so little tabs, it's not exactly popular.  But you are not right about bass, guitar plays on the off beat, bass plays with drums.

Someday I hope to be able to tab some Western Special guitars myself, some easy ska-jazz.

I will do more ska when I get a chance, which is a base for reggae.  There are so little tabs, it's not exactly popular.  But you are not right about bass, guitar plays on the off beat, bass plays with drums.

Someday I hope to be able to tab some Western Special guitars myself, some easy ska-jazz.

Right. Off beat was the wrong word. What I meant was that most stuff happens between the beat, even if   most of the time. When you try to tab the bass you soon realize that it's not that easy to get it right. Lot's of tuplets and triplets between the beats. ;)

And yeah, ska or reggae is not something you find tabs for easily. Thankfully it's not always that hard to transcribe, when you got a enough experience.

When you try to tab the bass you soon realize that it's not that easy to get it right. Lot's of tuplets and triplets between the beats. ;)

On a few occasions I tried to fix basslines and later I figured I can't really hear shit and had to put everything back.  I can barely fix obvious mistakes if I hear them clearly and see them in the sync, I have no idea how people come up with these tabs when bass is totally drowned.  Next time I get such a great idea I will have to equalize the crap out of it first.

On a few occasions I tried to fix basslines and later I figured I can't really hear shit and had to put everything back.  I can barely fix obvious mistakes if I hear them clearly and see them in the sync, I have no idea how people come up with these tabs when bass is totally drowned.  Next time I get such a great idea I will have to equalize the crap out of it first.

Equalization helps a great deal and I recently started doing that, but I mostly use a software called "Capo" that perfectly assists you when tabbing. If you have a Mac, that's a great tool to get.

While it wold be the least popular among this crowd (and thus makes sense there is no CDLC for it) there is no Christian music available.  I have seen a couple Skillet tunes which sorta qualify so it's not completely lacking, but certainly not the content other genre's have.

I have nothing nice to say, so this is me saying nothing ;)

Didn't some Creed already get done?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

More Metal & Industrial / Stoner Rock

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

I'm thinking of doing some Mugstar, they've got some great stuff. Holy Fuck are great too.

Om might be fun  too, although you'd have to be pretty brave to chart a 20 minute song.... I think they have some shorter material, I'll check it out. Shouldn't be too hard to tab their basslines (which don't change all that much). Slap an octaver on there, and you can play them on guitar too.

I'm a huge fan of minimalist repetition music. Any other suggestions?

• Like 2

I'm thinking of doing some Mugstar, they've got some great stuff. Holy Fuck are great too.

Om might be fun  too, although you'd have to be pretty brave to chart a 20 minute song.... I think they have some shorter material, I'll check it out. Shouldn't be too hard to tab their basslines (which don't change all that much). Slap an octaver on there, and you can play them on guitar too.

I'm a huge fan of minimalist repetition music. Any other suggestions?

Man, if you do Om I'll would probably shut myself in with Rocksmith for about a week.

Seconding post-rock. There are two Explosions in the Sky songs in the CDLC catalogue and one from Mogwai but that seems to be about it. Would be great to have a lot more from them, and from other great bands like Caspian, This Will Destroy You, Mono etc.

The downloads on those tracks are really low though, which is disheartening. Ditto with the Smashing Pumpkins stuff, their best stuff by *far* are not the stuff out as official DLC.

I have been casually looking into charting some classic country songs. The major problem is getting GP tabs. I can usually find text tabs or chord tabs, which won't serve the purpose. I would have to MAKE a GP tab which I'm sure I could do. And I believe there is a way to convert text tabs, but not chord tabs. Anyway, GP tabs are more difficult to find for the non mainstream genres, at least that's part of it.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.