Genre that isn't well covered in either the official or CDLC catalogues?

Shakey64

Question

What do you think, are there some genres neglected?  There seems to be a lot of metal (of various sub-genres), punk (mostly non-70s stuff) and general/classic rock but not much love for these:

blues; rockabilly/psychobilly; country; indie; original 50s rock and roll...

Definitely not a moan as the CDLC output is phenomenal (and I could learn to create some myself) but if there are any talented CDLCers out there maybe this thread could point them towards where people think are gaps?  

On a similar note is there anywhere to log request for songs on the site?

• Like 2

Fender Classic Player Baja Telecaster; Epiphone Nighthawk Custom; Westone Concord 1: Italia Mondial Classic;

Epiphone J Mascis Jazzmaster; Chapman ML2 Classic Gold-top

Some classic country would be fantastic. Wouldn't the tones be difficult? I would absolutely love some bluegrass too, for what it's worth

You and me both. Talk about technique teaching songs. But again, GP tab,, I will have to look to see what I can find. As far as the tone I can just grab an acoustic tone from a dlc and tweak on the eq to help it,, maybe.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Country music !!!!!!! There are a few artist such as Brad Paisley and Keith Urban who are absolutely amazing guitar players.

I mean classic country, Brad Paisley should be easy to find GP tab for,, and yes he is a VERY good guitarist,, and actually his tone is friggin great too...
  • Like 2

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

Country music !!!!!!! There are a few artist such as Brad Paisley and Keith Urban who are absolutely amazing guitar players.

I mean classic country, Brad Paisley should be easy to find GP tab for,, and yes he is a VERY good guitarist,, and actually his tone is friggin great too...

Im trying to make customs of the few BP songs Ive found pro tabs for but by the time I get done the timing is wayyyyyyyy offf. I would love to figure out how to emulate Brads tone with guitar rig or RS 2014.I suck at making tones because Im a newb.

I wish i knew how to create or assist in creating for the Blues and Funk genre, i have tons....tons of blues music and funk...like Big Mamma Thornton, Howlin' Wolf, Pinetop Perkins, James Brown, Maceo Parker, and the great Bootsy Collins... over 500 with lyrics and tabs for Bass..  Who's with me?  

Let it All Hang Out...!

Not a genre but, personally I'd like to see some dexterity exercises to improve finger technique, dexterity and speed. I practice chromatic scales using the full neck of the guitar to try improve my pace but find it difficult sometime to get my fretting hand to do what I want it to do (My index finger is sometimes less compliable through years of devil horning at gigs!) They tend to trip up when moving up and down the neck and sometimes I'm not sure what finger should be fretting the string and often some songs just don't always have phrases that require the use of all four fingers on the left hand... I'd like to see some classical music adapted for the bass and guitar though :) Especially 

and Flight of the bumble bee :)

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

Not really a genre, I guess, but I'm really surprised that there isn't any Smashing Pumpkins DLC. I feel like almost every song on every CD up until Machina is ripe for the treatment. I mean, nobody's even done Rocket yet, and that song is super fun to play!

reggae. It is soo relaxing to play some reggae bass tab.

i came looking for burning spear or gregory isaacs, vultures, peter tosh, alpha blondie , eek a mouse :D only found a few songs.

Love the old stuff really. Will look into making my own. btw: many  thanks for all of you that make these cdlc's!

There is very little roots reggae, as well. Hell, there are more genres under-represented than there are represented. Looks like we have some work to do ;)

I chalk the lack of variety to a combination of the limited experience of youth, and the total lack of tab for the less popular musics.

Get away from Bob ( all great works whether official or not) definitely under represented be good  to see reggae covers of originals as well  also what about 1st & 2nd wave ska, Rocksteady and Jamacan Calipso just to get me started