Can I delete songs that came with Rocksmith 2014 ?

Rumrunner24

Question

Like most of you I have quite a few songs and it's starting to get kind of annoying scrolling through all of them.Sure there's worse things in life but there's a bunch of songs I never play and I want to delete them and keep what I do play.I know I can organize my CDLC folder but I don't see the content that came with the game.Does anyone know if I can delete it ?

7 answers to this question

Am similarly pained by the presence of a few tracks that I cannot stand, but they were RockSmith original content.

Being able to create add user defined views of the content available might help.  So I create a view containing "Blues", "Sexy-time", or whatever represents my current interests/playing abilities.

The other features that I think would useful are:

A shortcut to maximise the track difficulty...eg pressing 'M' to put the levels up for the whole track.

The ability to apparently play 2-up without the presence of a 2nd cable, good if you've got someone with another guitar or bass, but no additional cable. (which I think would also require the following).

A hotkey to bypass the tuning screen, for all those times you aren't actually playing the instrument you say you are, but want to see the notes & timing of other instruments.  This allows retuning to be avoided when I've got my bass plugged into an amp and I can avoid any trickery related to RS thinking I'm playing Lead or Rhythm guitar, particularly if one doesn't have an e-guitar to connect.

• Like 1

Am similarly pained by the presence of a few tracks that I cannot stand, but they were RockSmith original content.

Being able to create add user defined views of the content available might help.  So I create a view containing "Blues", "Sexy-time", or whatever represents my current interests/playing abilities.

The other features that I think would useful are:

A shortcut to maximise the track difficulty...eg pressing 'M' to put the levels up for the whole track.

The ability to apparently play 2-up without the presence of a 2nd cable, good if you've got someone with another guitar or bass, but no additional cable. (which I think would also require the following).

A hotkey to bypass the tuning screen, for all those times you aren't actually playing the instrument you say you are, but want to see the notes & timing of other instruments.  This allows retuning to be avoided when I've got my bass plugged into an amp and I can avoid any trickery related to RS thinking I'm playing Lead or Rhythm guitar, particularly if one doesn't have an e-guitar to connect.

Id like the difficulty thing as well.Wasnt there a patch to skip the tuning screen in RS 2012 ?

I happened to tune-up and play a little using a USB webcam as the interface last week.  It was a pretty bad experience (distortion/echo), but noted when messing around in the audio settings of my macbook, that I could have selected the inbuilt webcam as the interface.  The next step would have been to play a video, or audio of the requisite tuning to see if RS would consider the instrument as tuned in a scenario where I didn't have cable/electric instrument to pass tune-up with.

The settings required also appear haunted/unreliable, in that sometimes they work, sometimes they don't for no apparent reason, but if you really just have to play that ukelele, or horn...you might even be better off just playing along to a playthrough video.