Not registering low notes?

cutiger103

Question

4 answers to this question

Any notes in particular that are repeatedly failing to register? 

It could be your intonation, or you could just be bending the string slightly when you're fretting it.

Or, if you using an alternate tuning (D Standard for example) and don't have thick enough strings it could just be that your strings are too floppy.

Just wanted to add as well, it could be your gain settings in the game or in Windows.  Try calibrating your guitar inside the game (go to the tuner and hit "enter") or try adjusting the gain settings from the in-game options menu.  You can also raise the level for the real tone cable in Windows.

Any notes in particular that are repeatedly failing to register? 

It could be your intonation, or you could just be bending the string slightly when you're fretting it.

Or, if you using an alternate tuning (D Standard for example) and don't have thick enough strings it could just be that your strings are too floppy.

Just wanted to add as well, it could be your gain settings in the game or in Windows.  Try calibrating your guitar inside the game (go to the tuner and hit "enter") or try adjusting the gain settings from the in-game options menu.  You can also raise the level for the real tone cable in Windows.

In particular, I am doing one of those basic lessons of navigating the fretboard. Low E string 12th fret is one that repeatedly does not register. I thought it would be cool to at least 100% one lesson, but i gave up because it keeps failing to register. Everything else seems to be working fine!

I did calibrate my guitar (this is where you just hit all the strings as loud as you can, right lol).

And when I raise the level for the real tone guitar on my mac, I start hearing static.

The volume knobs on my guitar and all the tone knobs are all the way up.

Thanks!

I use a Mac as well.  Try checking the input levels inside System Preferences.  If you don't know how, open System Preferences, then go to "Sound", click on "Input" and then click on the "Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter".   I have mine set at 50%, which I think is just above the default setting.

If everything is set properly (which it sounds like it is) then it could be your intonation or you could be bending while fretting and/or pressing down too hard.  

• Administrator

Did you checked what the tuner indicate while you are playing that note? If the tuner does not indicate the correct note no need to look for something wrong in the cable gain.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity