ROCKSMITH 2014 EDITION COMING TO PS4, XBOX ONE

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

It’s the fastest way to learn guitar, and it’s already helped more than 2 million people learn how to play. And now Rocksmith 2014 Edition is poised to help even more people rock out this November when it releases on new-gen consoles. Rocksmith 2014 Edition will be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on November 4, 2014.

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/SessionMode_FullFretboard_618x348.png

Along with the full game, the new-gen versions of Rocksmith 2014 will have a few notable enhancements, including:

• New-gen resolution. Rocksmith 2014 Edition not only looks amazing in 1080p HD, but the higher res helps by offering even better clarity and visual quality.
  • Integrated streaming and capture. Now you can easily record and share your performances. Because no one becomes a rock god without an audience.

• Remote Play. Whether you’re practicing in another room (away from your console/TV) or trying to study a specific section of a particular tune, Remote Play via the PlayStation Vita lets you view songs at a locked mastery level – no scoring or input required. This is also a great way to review a full song without having to worry about your performance. (PlayStation 4 only.)

Rocksmith 2014 Edition on PS4 and Xbox One will ship with more than 50 tracks. Those who already own previous-gen versions can import their DLC across systems (Xbox 360 to Xbox One, or PS3 to PS4) without any additional costs. Players can also choose from the abundant library of more than 300 additional songs available for purchase, with new songs being added every week. The standard edition of the game also ships with the Rocksmith Real Tone Cable, which converts a guitar’s signal from analog to digital, allowing it to be recognized and played through PS4 and Xbox One (along with other consoles, PC and Mac).

Note: Got any specific questions about Rocksmith 2014 Edition on PS4 or Xbox One? Check out this handy FAQ: bit.ly/rsps4xb1faq

http://blog.ubi.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/SpiritOfRadio_Bass-copy_618x348.png

Source: Ubisoft Blog

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

8 answers to this question

I had hoped for this from the start, now it's a little to little to late.

I have fully converted from console to PC for Rocksmith. largely due to customs.

not offering a cross platform sync means I shall not be going back, I would have considered it if I could link profiles between pc/console. but will not pay again for songs I have already forked out the hard earned for.

good luck to them though.

Don’t care. Got screwed with the loss of my DLC on the PSN. From now on I stick with Steam.

How did you lose your DLC on PSN?

I stopped using a Playstation and realized I can never use the DLC anywhere else. My fault, but it’s still a PITA. Especially because UBI never patched the bugs that caused the game to crash as a result of playing DLC.

Paid for DLC through the Sony network were not transferable to pc. I know this since I owned nearly all of them. Then got the PC version. Actually I don't think I've turned the console version on since the pc version was released. No crashes, much faster loads and CDLC. I have no reason to go back to console. And my occasional crashes were I think temperature related on console as it would happen near the end of an event. But it doesn't matter why, it doesn't happen to me on PC.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

as soon as someone with a PS4 with 5.07 or lower firmware can share a CDLC as an example to understand the format (seems to be using PC like files, but then a DLC package is required to understand how to package it)