Why do some songs on here sound better than Rocksmith Official Releases?

bballwiz

Question

I've always wondered and thought i'd finally ask. Some of the sound quality on custom songs is just off the charts. I don't understand why rocksmith's releases don't have this same quality. Granted maybe some are louder than they should be but i'm blown away with some users customs on here. Has anyone else thought the same thing?

• Like 2

11 answers to this question

Because many charters, myself included are converting the audio at above CD quality ( in MP3 terms CD quality is 194 b/PS and mine never drop below 320 b/PS until the final conversion which comes in around 256, still CD quality). Comparing strictly the file sizes to a DLC we are including more/better audio quality, at least some of us are. And it's possible that the volume is turned up a bit so that may be some of it as well. I would go ahead and make them at 320 across the board but then they would be 11 to 15 megs each.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

• Administrator

I've always wondered and thought i'd finally ask. Some of the sound quality on custom songs is just off the charts. I don't understand why rocksmith's releases don't have this same quality. Granted maybe some are louder than they should be but i'm blown away with some users customs on here. Has anyone else thought the same thing?

Are you downloading customs to listen to the songs?

Are you downloading customs to listen to the songs?

No But I like to actually hear my guitar when I play it and not have it blend in with the rest of the song.

No But I like to actually hear my guitar when I play it and not have it blend in with the rest of the song.

That has nothing to do with the audio quality of the song itself.  That has to do with the tone volume, and the level(s) you have the mixer set at.  If you want to hear your own playing better, use the mixer to lower the volume of the audio track.

I'll give that a try and see if that improves things, but I just think its night and day with some of the releases on here. None of the official songs sound anything like it.

Yeah, some charters really crank up the volume on the tones.

The official songs are made to match the music more equally, because it's meant as a learning game.  They want you to still be able to hear the guitar track as you play so that you can play along with it and hear how it's supposed to sound.

For those of us who would rather hear our own playing a little more, they put the mixer in to allow adjustments.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Omg, my head is still shaking ...

An old "looks good / sounds good" problem - as stated in the very good replies please keep things separated ...

The Mixer will serve you well -

In fact inadquate mixing levels / bad tones are the things that often make some customs inferiot to off dlcs

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.