Original Rocksmith DLC

guitarman67

Question

You can only use Rocksmith 1 DLC on 2014 if you own Rocksmith 1, unfortunately it's a limitation of Steam which prevents you from owning DLC for games you don't have.

• Like 1
Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

• Administrator

Yes.  All RS1 DLC is forward compatible with RS2014.

Not exactly some aren't available in RS2014 due to copyright but that's just some specific case.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

I thought that was just 2 of the on-disc songs from RS1?  An Eric Clapton and Cream song if I remember correctly.

I have a ton of original RS1 dlc, but not sure if I have it all.  I've never bothered to do a song-by-song check.

Oh yeah my bad i always thought they were also some DLC that weren't available, don't know why...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Steam downloads DLC for both platforms.  Just check your dlc folder and make sure that it's there.  If it was the Queen DLC it will be in a file called "rs1compatibilitydlc_m.psarc".

Just to clarify, are you running both RS1 and RS2014 on your Mac?  If not, the dlc you bought may only have been downloaded onto the computer that has RS1 installed, since Steam thinks it can only work with RS1.  I only ask because of one of your comments above.

I have both RS1 and 2014 but two songs I loved on the first game didn't get transfered, the Eric Clapton one as mentioned above and House of the Rising Sun, is there any way to get this one onto 2014 to save me having to go onto the first game to play one song, any help or info appreciated?

House of the Rising Son should have been imported.  Double check to make sure you don't actually have it.  I have it on my list.

As for the Eric Clapton and Cream song, there's no way to get them into RS2014.  The licenses weren't renewed or extended for RS2014, and since they are official songs nobody can make a cDLC version.

House of the Rising Son should have been imported.  Double check to make sure you don't actually have it.  I have it on my list.

As for the Eric Clapton and Cream song, there's no way to get them into RS2014.  The licenses weren't renewed or extended for RS2014, and since they are official songs nobody can make a cDLC version.

Is there not a loop-hole for making cDLC for RS2014 for songs that are not released as official FOR RS2014?

i.e. The ones that were not re-liscensed for RS2014 have never officially been released as DLC for RS2014, therefore they do not exist as DLC for RS2014, and since RS2014 and RS1 are not compatible formats couldn't those songs be cDLC for RS2014?

www.Twitter.com/BoardDavid

Is there not a loop-hole for making cDLC for RS2014 for songs that are not released as official FOR RS2014?

i.e. The ones that were not re-liscensed for RS2014 have never officially been released as DLC for RS2014, therefore they do not exist as DLC for RS2014, and since RS2014 and RS1 are not compatible formats couldn't those songs be cDLC for RS2014?

That question has already been asked and answered:

http://customsforge.com/topic/12893-legal-issue-about-sunshine-of-your-love/

In short, the answer is no.

Does anyone know, by the way, if the RS1 songs off the disc can be imported into RS2014 if the 2014 is PC steam and the RS1 is 360?  (I'm assuming switching platforms means "too bad for you" but it doesn't hurt to ask)

They need to be on the same platform.  So you would have to buy RS1 for PC as well as the disc import tool in order to import the songs into RS2014.  RS1 is on sale as part of the Steam Holiday Sale at the moment though.   After the sale is over it will likely be a while before there is another sale (likely spring).

Yeah, that's what I figured... it's just I already own 2014 for two platforms, because I started on 360 and switched to PC when I discovered customsforge. It seems dumb to own RS1 for two platforms as well, especially when I don't even plan on PLAYING RS1 ever again.  Even on sale, it's still $17.99 CDN, plus another $10.99 CDN for the import tool... I can't justify it. Oh well, that's life.

I don't mind paying for the import tool, but I do have a problem with having to buy the first game as well.

I don't see myself playing the game due to 2014 is better. I just want a few songs from that dics.

If they would let me buy them individually I would.

Any other way of getting the songs from RS1 on my pc version of 2014?