dlcs load then after tuning can only see amps

Stujjy

Question

hi game freezes after tuning guitar on cdlcs so that all I see is amps, I have audio of the guitar but does not launch into song . at this point I cannot get out of game either . please help and as I am very unsure when using a pc please treat me like a two year old when giving instructions thanks

6 answers to this question

when I say what ive done please remember the two year old comment in case what i'm going to say shows me for the utter novice I am. I watched the video and after dowlnloading the dll file I went to my downloads folder copied the file (right click copy) then pasted into my rocksmith dlc file having followed how I get to that file

The DLL file goes into the Root folder for Rocksmith 2014, not the dlc folder.  That's the "SteamApps/Common/Rocksmith2014" folder.

You also need to purchase an official DLC through Steam in order to make customs work.  It is recommend that you buy Smashing Pumpkins "Cherub Rock" as that is the AppID that most customs use to allow them to work inside Rocksmith.  If you buy something else you will have to use the Rocksmith Custom Toolkit from this site to update the AppID for all customs you want to use, which can be a pain.