Rocksmith 2014 Custom Songs on Original Rocksmith?

yellowsnow4free

Question

Hey guys, (potentially) dumb question here.

I got into Rocksmith custom songs not long after I got Rocksmith (Christmas 2012?).

Anyway, I was getting my songs from Smithy's Anvil, but I noticed that site is basically frozen now.

This site seems to be the new replacement, but it specifically says "Rocksmith 2014 CDLC Community".

Do RS2014 CDLC files work on the original Rocksmith?  I wanted to play "Gotta Get Away" by The Offspring, so I Googled "Gotta Get Away The Offspring Rocksmith" and I noticed a couple CDLC videos, 1 on RS2014, and the other on the original Rocksmith.

Previously, I didn't think RS2014 CDLC files worked on the original Rocksmith, but now I'm questioning that, so I'm asking the community here.

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

• Administrator

no the files are different and RS2014 cdlc won't work on the original RS. all we can suggest here is to buy RS2014 since you can find it at a reasonnable price and really worth it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

no the files are different and RS2014 cdlc won't work on the original RS. all we can suggest here is to buy RS2014 since you can find it at a reasonnable price and really worth it.

Thanks firekorn!

Yeah, that was my guess, but I wanted to make sure.

Since I already have the cable from the original Rocksmith (which should work with RS2014, right?) I'll probably buy RS2014 when Steam has it for a good price :)