big big thank you

carlhurst

Question

would just like to say a big big thank you to all the people who post their work on here for us to download .

I have tried making my own a few times but just can't master it and i'm guilty of downloading and not leaving any feedback in the thread :wacko:

so big thank you people and keep it up as it is appreciated

• Like 15

19 answers to this question

Thanks from Germany, Frankfurt Main area - like Carlhurst, I havent managed to create my own CDLCs yet, and I stand in awe before you guys who do them in dozens at a time!

Its great that Rocksmith brings together so many people from different countries, young and old(er), gents and gals alike. Awesome!

May I use the opportunity to ask again for a great great Song which is still missing from the CDLC database:    Metal Health by Quiet Riot. :wub:

Come on, anyone...? Do a Lady a favor... :D 

Thanks from Germany, Frankfurt Main area - like Carlhurst, I havent managed to create my own CDLCs yet, and I stand in awe before you guys who do them in dozens at a time!

Its great that Rocksmith brings together so many people from different countries, young and old(er), gents and gals alike. Awesome!

May I use the opportunity to ask again for a great great Song which is still missing from the CDLC database:    Metal Health by Quiet Riot. :wub:

Come on, anyone...? Do a Lady a favor... :D

http://requests.customsforge.com

I felt moved to bump this and add my sincere and heartfelt thanks to all of the CDLC creators out there.

I've tried my hand at CDLC creation, but after a dozen or so hours all I ended up with was a horrible, perpetually-out-of-synch mess. So I appreciate the time, effort, skill, timing, tool mastery and ear it takes to make a good CDLC.

Know that for every "thanks" or download you get, there are likely dozens of people who will either play your creation, be entertained by people playing your creation (or who learned to play and kept playing because of CDLCs), or be taught guitar by someone who learned guitar because of the creators here. Like teaching, there's no telling where, or if, the positive impact ends.

For all we know, the next Jimi Hendrix is wailing away right now on something YOU made!

TL: DR: Thanks, CDLC creators!!

• Like 2

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

Yea I cant thank you guys enough for all the hard work. As a player whos spent just 1 full year of playing I still kind of consider myself a beginner but I feel like im slowly growing out of that catagory. All the customs have been great and I use each one I choose as a personal music lesson. Its really helped me progress and other then my hard work ethic ill give this whole community credit for my progress. Even the playthrough videos are great. I can totally watch one begining to end and be able to understand how its played and if its a song I can handle or not before hand.

Keep up the hard work everyone. just want you guys to know its making a difference in a beginner like me helping me grow into a better player today.

• Like 1

A heartfelt thanks from "Wirral, North West england" Too... Seems an old gal can learn new tricks after all, thanks to the effort of those in the Magna Charter. I'm still teaching myself the charting side of things and hope that one day I'll be able to share some of my favourite tracks too :) Kudos you guys! :)

• Like 1

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

It is really a lot of work to chart songs, especially if the tabs must be written at first.

So I'm happy to share this hard work with many people as possible and I always do my best to make them perfect as possible. Best thanks is give a short feedback in the record, also critic is welcome to see if we can do anything better.

Also I'm happy if I find great customs from other charters in the database. Thank U

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

The importance of CDLC's in my RS2014 experience has been highlighted by the week-ago crash of my PC. I had to put Windows on a new hard drive and moved all my Steam files from the old hard drive to the new hard drive -- and everything works except for RS and RS2014. [Odd thing: When I downloaded Steam itself to C: (new hard drive) it made changes to my Steam files on F: (my old drive). I don't recall exactly because it was several days ago and happened so fast, but something like: "Deleting files on F: Steam..." appeared. Steam is still there, but that description alarmed and surprised me. And since it doesn't work now (yes, trying to start from C:)...Anyhow, I digress....]

Now I can't get RS2014 to work on my PC even after removing all the CDLC from the dlc folder. I've been only been able to play the basic game -- with a few add-on official dlcs -- on my 360. And let me tell you, going from ~800 songs to 80 songs SUCKS!! (Most of my official dlcs are on my PC.)

So, long story short, thanks again from the bottom of my heart CDLC creators. Without CDLC's I don't know if I'd still be playing. If I were playing, I certainly wouldn't be playing NEARLY as much. My only regret is that this game and you guys weren't around when I first picked up a guitar when I was 12!

Secondly, Steam hasn't done any hanky-panky to stop "new" RS2014 people from using CDLC's have they? I must have tried to start RS2014 100+ times since my crash. Sad Joe. Teddy strongly disapproves of this state of affairs.

I've tried everything I can think of to get RS2014 going again on my PC, short of deleting both Steam and RS2014 and redownloading them. And I'll do that this week or next when I can bring my PC over to a friend's house (I have a data download cap).

Edit: Got it working again with a fresh install of Steam and RS14!

Edited by Joe
fixed post to work on white theme

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

Also a huge debt of gratitude here! I play on my PS3 and have over 100 songs as DLC through PSN but I also have the game through STEAM (on MAC format). 

As much as I love all the songs provided by RS14 via playstation, I was in a bit of a rut. So doing youtube research, I came across Back in Black as a CUSTOM SONG... -mind BLOWN- 

So this opens up a ton of beautiful, fulfilling songs from bands which I don't think will ever be available on RS14 proper. 

Thanks much and have a productive, musical 2015

• Like 1

Maybe this is a dumb question but Joe have you tried to redo the patch that makes cdlc's work?  Maybe transferring it caused it mess that up.

Yeah, tried both patches and the other workaround, but it didn't work for some reason. A fresh install worked when I was able to get over to my friend's, though. Thanks for the concern. I'll update my earlier comment to reflect my current successful reinstall.

• Like 1