DLC Renamer Program (PC only)

Darrken

Would it be possible to make this program also scan the folders inside the dlc folder? For example I have over 1000 customs in my dlc folder and a lot have been sorted into their own subfolder so that I can keep track of them by artists. Right now (at least after using it last night) the program was able to edit all my customs in the Main dlc folder but ignored all the subfolders. If this program could do that I would be very grateful. I know its also asking for a lot but a way to rename and sort into a folder would be awesome, its not a problem if it can't as sorting them manually isn't that big a deal now with this program being able to rename the files with the Artists names in there but man would it be great. I know I am lazy but automation is the best invention ever lol. 

Would it be possible to make this program also scan the folders inside the dlc folder? For example I have over 1000 customs in my dlc folder and a lot have been sorted into their own subfolder so that I can keep track of them by artists. Right now (at least after using it last night) the program was able to edit all my customs in the Main dlc folder but ignored all the subfolders. If this program could do that I would be very grateful. I know its also asking for a lot but a way to rename and sort into a folder would be awesome, its not a problem if it can't as sorting them manually isn't that big a deal now with this program being able to rename the files with the Artists names in there but man would it be great. I know I am lazy but automation is the best invention ever lol. 

Yeah, it shouldn't be too much work to make the program work with subdirectories.  I'll see what I can do.  

I think some of the crashes may be due to "locked" files when I try to delete the temp folder the psarc is extracted to.  This happens when Windows Explorer, or an antivirus scanner, or any other number of processes is "looking" at the files and the DeleteDirectory call is then unable to clean it up.  I've tried 3 different algorithms to handle this, and I haven't seen it crash since my latest.  I'll keep an eye on that though.

I'll be improving the logging to incorporate some of Azrael's feedback, and I'll also make it log the song before any file functions so you can see what song it crashes on, if that happens.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Awesome stuff going on here!

But I found yet another bug: "_m.psarc" files are renamed into "_p.psarc". I guess you should ignore them, as long as you claim this program "PC-only"

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Awesome stuff going on here!

But I found yet another bug: "_m.psarc" files are renamed into "_p.psarc". I guess you should ignore them, as long as you claim this program "PC-only"

Ugh.  Fixed.  I never noticed this because I moved all the mac files out of my DLC folder a long time ago to clean it up.

• Like 1

Awesome again!

After including subfolders, do you need stuff to keep you going? :-D

If yes, the next big thing could be to fully customize the output string with tags like those:

Default:

{artist sort}{song sort}{version}{DD}

But e.g. also possible:

{artist sort}{album}{song sort}{version}{DD}{tabber}

I think then we are getting very close to enableling everyone to customize his collection the way he likes it :-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

Found a small bug, I have a file that originally was named something else and it renamed it to this 

Underoath_Ive-got-10-friends-and-a-crowbar-that-says-you-aint-gonna-do-jack_v1_DD_p.psarc

Now if I run it again after and it gets back to this file it crashes and says file name too long. It unpacks this file and then crashes and leaves the files it unpacked in the folder. Not a big deal but thought I would bring it to your attention. 

Thanks for the heads up, Joey.  I'll have to put a length check on the filename and truncate the song name if it's over x # of characters (guess I'll need to figure out what that is).

In other news, I added two new options today:  

* Override-Clean-Name - lets you override the heavy-handed stripping of all special characters with a much more forgiving method (only \/:*?"<>&| will be removed)

* Include-Subfolders

Found a small bug, I have a file that originally was named something else and it renamed it to this 

Underoath_Ive-got-10-friends-and-a-crowbar-that-says-you-aint-gonna-do-jack_v1_DD_p.psarc

Now if I run it again after and it gets back to this file it crashes and says file name too long. It unpacks this file and then crashes and leaves the files it unpacked in the folder. Not a big deal but thought I would bring it to your attention. 

Very odd, I can't reproduce it even with that song.  I just downloaded it from here and that song had the name shortened at "ain't", but I edited it and made it even longer just to test (Underoath_I've-got-10-friends-and-a-crowbar-that-says-you-ain't-gonna-do-jack-about-it_v1_DD_p), and the renamer handled it without any problem.

My newer version logs error info in the log file, so if you run into that again, paste the error you get and that might help me figure it out.

Thanks!

So i put that file that I have into a folder on its own with just the Exe file of your program and it keeps happening but I can't copy whats in the log and paste it here.... Does the program output to a log file and if so where does it put the log file? When I open the txt file thats generated its empty. 

Here is a screenshot of the error. Mind you this might be an old file and may be corrupted but am not sure. 

EDIT: Just downloaded the file again from here and tried both files again and still get the same error from below for both files. 

EDIT2: Just redownloaded your program and tried it with the new updated one from an hour or 2 ago and still same exact error. Not sure why you are not able to recreate it. 

http://i.imgur.com/ekB0DaC.png

Heh, it's a combination of the deep folder you've got it in AND the filename.  I'm running mine in c:\dev\dlcrenamer\, which is pretty short.  Yours is bumping it over 255 characters and it's not liking that.  That does present an interesting dilemma, as the Rocksmith folder does tend to be buried in several folders under Steam normally.

I changed the working folder to c:\temp so it will unpack songs there.  Hopefully that won't run into any permission issues on anyone's machine.  That should help mitigate long path/filename combos.  Updated the zip too in the original post link.

• 3 months later...

i would really LOVE to be able to fully customize the name generated, adding optional fields like

• artist
  • title
  • DD
  • RR
  • LRBV
  • version
  • charter

it would also be nice if this app had a gui so that i could more easily specify which files to rename, and which files to leave alone.

all in all though .. excellent app! i wrote a shell script that reads metadata and renames .. but this is MUCH faster/easier to use :D

Thanks for your hard work Darrken.  A suggestion would to be able to add a prefix to the file name.  For example, I rename all my CustomsForge DLC with a prefix of CDLC_ so that I can quickly identify the songs I bought from Steam and those I downloaded from CustomsForge.  For Example:

CDLC_Slash_and_Marta_Sanchez_Obsession_Confession_v1_DD.psarc

Great work and Thanks

Teece

• Like 1

Thanks for your hard work Darrken.  A suggestion would to be able to add a prefix to the file name.  For example, I rename all my CustomsForge DLC with a prefix of CDLC_ so that I can quickly identify the songs I bought from Steam and those I downloaded from CustomsForge.  For Example:

CDLC_Slash_and_Marta_Sanchez_Obsession_Confession_v1_DD.psarc

Great work and Thanks

Teece

I just keep my cdlcs in a seperate folder .. but yeah .. the option would be nice, great suggestion!

• 4 months later...

Thanks you very much @@Darrken.

I don`t know how i can miss this topic, i tried find tool for renaming a few times, and can`t. Probably i blind. And spent full day for rename official dlc, via unpacking, looking in to json files. One that becalm about wasted time, it is that tool can`t put  tuning of dlc into names.

I filled all names manual this way (I used tuning rom lead):

Paradise - Lost Small town Boy v1_2 Dst_p

Duran Duran - Ordinary World E_p

Biffy Clyro - Mountains EbdrDb_p

Soundgarden - Pretty Noose Ot_p  (for other tuning)

Would be perfect if you can add this ability in your tool.

• Like 1

Thanks you very much @@Darrken.

I don`t know how i can miss this topic, i tried find tool for renaming a few times, and can`t. Probably i blind. And spent full day for rename official dlc, via unpacking, looking in to json files. One that becalm about wasted time, it is that tool can`t put  tuning of dlc into names.

I filled all names manual this way (I used tuning rom lead):

Paradise - Lost Small town Boy v1_2 Dst_p

Duran Duran - Ordinary World E_p

Biffy Clyro - Mountains EbdrDb_p

Soundgarden - Pretty Noose Ot_p  (for other tuning)

Would be perfect if you can add this ability in your tool.

I like this format, though I would recommend always putting the version field last, and using the same character for separating all of the fields (ie "-"):

Soundgarden-Pretty Noose-Ot-v1.0_p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm still not sure what's going on, need to rename

a few songs as the 'The' in the title has shifted bands to the wrong location in my list, the program is running and scanning all the titles, where do I change the names!! I'm a noob at this with severe brain damage!!