disallow sendspace downloads - they have too many fake download links on their pages

zorrof

should sendspace downloads be outlawed?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. should sendspace downloads be outlawed?

Question

in my opinion you should ban sendspace downloads, as they have too many deceptive download links and buttons, leading to malware/adware

it takes a while to examine the page to find the real download link, and the average user, and even the advanced user will often click the wrong download on the page.

8 answers to this question

• Administrator

As is in the rules.

Please use an approved site to host your customs - That includes Mediafire, Dropbox, Skydrive, BOX.com, Google Drive, 4shared, and zippyshare. When using Sendspace be sure to provide a mirror of another host.

http://customsforge.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

• Like 2

Community Admin | Send me a message if you are having trouble with something | Teinashu's Hall of Glory
Steam -

Sendspace was outlawed  here, after this site was born,so we even blocked it cross-domain, main reason was about download limits about minute between downloads(that's annoying when most of the cdlc use sendspace), but we agreed that sendspace could be used with mirror link provided (read rules about  CDLC posting things)
here is approved hostings:

Mediafire, Dropbox, Skydrive, BOX.com, Google Drive, 4shared, and zippyshare.

also we don't like adfly and guys who wants money for cdlc, anyway sandpasce is working for now >_>

• Like 1

There's still a few people using Sendspace as the main download link.

I've never had a problem with Sendspace, and don't find it hard to download from at all.  It's pretty easy to spot what's an ad, and what is a download link.  Especially when it says "Click here to start download from Sendspace".

However, I'm not a huge fan of their services and dislike the look of the site.  It just looks cheap and unprofessional.

I personally don't have any issues with Sendspace.  There are several download sites with the same problems.  It only takes a few downloads to figure out the correct link and how to deal with the process of avoiding unwanted downloads and ads.  It's kind of slow, but that's not even a big deal in my opinion.  By far the worst is Zippyshare.  It is the only site that has makes my computer freeze and then I have to restart it.  Literally almost one out of five downloads from Zippyshare creates this problem for me.  I personally know several people on this site that don't post the songs they have charted because they have paid for Sendspace and don't want to covert to another site.  I personally think it should be up to the contributor to what site that they want to use and if it's a site your opposed to then just don't download the file.  Not to say I prefer more direct download sources (sites without ads/other downloads), but not being a contributor I'll use whatever someone who charts a song likes to use or has paid for.

• Like 2