How to create playthrough videos

Randir

Question

Hey guys,

I see alot of videos of people playing songs on rocksmith. I'd love to do that too, but I have not the slightest clue which software I could use to record it. I guess there must be something that let's me tape the video and audio output of my computer, but I don't even know what to google to find such software  :(

Hope you guys can provide me with some links to such software, preferably freeware :D

Greetingz, Randir

PS: If there is such a topic already, just give me the link to that. Wasn't able to find anything via search button though...

8 answers to this question

Does anyone have a tutorial on how to get Bandicam to work correctly? I have followed several that I found by Googling the subject but I can't get audio to work at all. Video records great, and it uses my webcam for a pic-in-pic guitar cam. The Audio Exclusivity setting seems to be the root of my issues, but if I uncheck it Rocksmith fails to load. I am running Windows 8.1 with the on-board sound card. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the suggestion Peppuccio but that isn't working for me. It seems to come down to the Audio Exclusivity setting, but if I disable that I get no audio in the game. I have even tried creating a loopback by inserting a splitter after my audio out jack to send a feed back into the mic jack so I could record that, but even that it isn't working. Any other suggestions?

@@CaptainAwesome I didn't get any sound recorded with my speakers. I solved it by using and recording with headphones (that's how I got it working), also if you find any solution to get sound with speakers let me know please, cus I get a little but still disturbing delay when I play with headphones :)

@@bernixix, actually I did get it working, but I'm not quite sure which step fixed it. I will try to explain my setup for the benefit of others who run into this.

I am running Rocksmith on my home-built PC with an ASUS P8Z68-V LE motherboard, utilizing the on-board Realtek audio and running Windows 8.1. I have been through many guides to get this working, but at this point Audio Exclusivity is enabled in the game and the .ini files are all back to default settings (I believe).

The first thing I did differently this time around was to set Bandicam to run in Windows 8 Compatibility Mode. This was really a shot in the dark, but I really didn't have much left to try! I had noticed some guides reference the setting Win 7 (WASAPI) but mine said Vista (WASAPI), so that sent me down the Compatibility Mode path.

pic0.png

After that I went back into the Windows Sound Settings and I found the Stereo Mix device. It was disabled so I enabled it and made it the default device on the Recording tab. I have been through guides that utilize this device, but I *swear* it wasn't there before. Perhaps it showed up when I was updating every driver I could find and I didn't see it until now?

pic1.png

I set it as the Primary Sound Device in Bandicam.

pic2.png

And voila! I have sound.

Obviously I need to work on both the lighting and that solo, but hey, at least I can quit messing with it and get back to playing now!

• Like 1