How to get Dynamic Difficulty work like official DLC by using Catalog and Phrases

TomSawyer2112

Sections are song divisions like intro, verse, chorus, bridge, interlude, ..., outro.

Phrases divide a section (one to a few of contiguous measures).

We use phrase to identify the same repeatable patterns (same notes sequences).

If you see that several contiguous measures are repeated a few times in your song, you just have to create phrases to help DDC to identify these patterns.

A phrase starts on the measure on which you mark it and finish on the beginning of the next section or next phrase.

So you just have to place the sections (as your tab indicates them) and divide each section in one to n phrases. 

• 2 weeks later...

Read my first lines, I said phrases are sub-elements of sections : in the picture 

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/b167/25dmq383jhocdg2bg.jpg?size_id=4

The block between the blue brackets is a

1. section, containing 5 phrases

Then 2 sections (with 2 phrases)

Then 1 section, with 3 phrases, containing a phrase already found in the first section.

Obviously you can have a same pattern of notes (phrase) in the intro and the verses (section)

Literally speaking, you can have the same phrases ( :D OMG, WTF :D ) in different paragraphs of a topic.

Anyway coolethan1, this topic is for advanced users, start publishing your first cDLC, 

after 5 you will see the light. ;)

• 1 year later...

Well, I just started to try my newest song with official quality DD, and red this tutorial, however, in the game the DD is behaving like what I expected,I selected notes first and named them as "leadscale1" in a section and in another section as "leadscale2" .So basicly what I did is just markd the sections in the song without the also ad as pharse feature, and then selected the notes in the sections and named them in the catalog menu multiple times (what I meant with multiple time is just selected a bunch of notes and named them "leadscale1",and then selected more notes and named them "leadcale1" again  in the same section)I thought it wasn't going to go that easy, but the tutorial (in some parts) wasn't so clear to me,most likely it's my fault that the DD not behave as it should, but I don't know what did I made wrong, so any help would be awsome! thx

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg