Amps!

Zethlosa

this is my new setup (for now)

Marshall JCM2000 head paired with marshall JCM900 1960a cabinet loaded with celestion g12t-75s

im using a thd hotplate power attenuator to keep it from peeling the paint off the walls, and splitting the signal between the amp and rocksmith.  

http://imgur.com/AkLpgjz.jpg

• Like 2

Since I live in an apartment, I can't be too loud, so I mostly use either Roland Cube 20X with power squeeze, or the awesome Yamaha THR5.

I use a Fender ABY pedal to connect the guitar to both Rocksmith and the Amp directly. This way I hear both the RS processed sound and the real amp sound. I set the music volume to 70%. This gives a really good and realistic guitar tone, I find.

• Like 2

Since I live in an apartment, I can't be too loud, so I mostly use either Roland Cube 20X with power squeeze, or the awesome Yamaha THR5.

I use a Fender ABY pedal to connect the guitar to both Rocksmith and the Amp directly. This way I hear both the RS processed sound and the real amp sound. I set the music volume to 70%. This gives a really good and realistic guitar tone, I find.

this is pretty much what i do, i run a "livewire" aby switch to the amp, im using a power break on the marshall to keep the volume down to neighbor friendly levels while still overdriving the crap out of the tubes .. best of both worlds :D  i keep my volume in rocksmith down to under 10% though .. i have soooo much lag, it sounds like im playing with a funky delay

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Don't have one yet, but I'm thinking of getting Orange Micro Crush. Don't wanna get any bigger right now, since I live in an apartment building and don't want to disturb my neighbors. Also, it looks cool :3

E: Just got my Micro Crush today and I was suprised at its quality! looks really nice and the sound isn't shabby either. Gotta try to record it through my Line in, see if it sounds as nice as I think through that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I actually like playing over my bass rig while playing Rocksmith, I hook up  the realtone cable to my amp via the fx send output. So this way there is no problem with latency :)

I play a TC Electronics Rebelhead 450, with an Eden 2x10XST cabinet and a homebuild Greenboy fearful 12/6 cab

• Like 1

I actually like playing over my bass rig while playing Rocksmith, I hook up  the realtone cable to my amp via the fx send output. So this way there is no problem with latency :)

I play a TC Electronics Rebelhead 450, with an Eden 2x10XST cabinet and a homebuild Greenboy fearful 12/6 cab

just be careful with plugging the RS cable into the amp ... if the signal is too hot, it could easily fry your cable, or worse the usb slot!

(dont ask how i know this :( )

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Guys it is that time again when you get the itch to put your hand in your pocket and purchase new kit.

Right I fed up with the volume of my normal speakers and the odd rattle that comes from the tweeters on my 2.1 set so i am looking at getting a midrange amp for using with rocksmith 2014, i read that some guys are using a splitter cable to send the signal to the amp and also to the pc with no latency issues.

can someone tell me if the new fender rumble 40 bass amp will work with rocksmith 2014 if i plug the bass guitar into the amp and use the line out ( XLR with Ground Lift) to plug into the pc with the realtone cable?

i am liking the look of this one as it has the overdrive on it .

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

Guys it is that time again when you get the itch to put your hand in your pocket and purchase new kit.

Right I fed up with the volume of my normal speakers and the odd rattle that comes from the tweeters on my 2.1 set so i am looking at getting a midrange amp for using with rocksmith 2014, i read that some guys are using a splitter cable to send the signal to the amp and also to the pc with no latency issues.

can someone tell me if the new fender rumble 40 bass amp will work with rocksmith 2014 if i plug the bass guitar into the amp and use the line out ( XLR with Ground Lift) to plug into the pc with the realtone cable?

i am liking the look of this one as it has the overdrive on it .

fender makes some of the best amps in the world ..and would work wonderfully with rocksmith .. with that said do NOT ever plug the realtone cable into a line out, the current is wrong, and best case scenario, you will fry the cable, or worse, fry the usb port on your pc (dont ask how i learned this) :P

i use a ABY splitter box to split the guitar/bass signal to the amp, and to rocksmith. its a generic version of the Morley ABY switch, it only needs power if you want the leds to work, otherwise it is passive and 100% sonically transparent.

it has the added bonus of letting me keep my realtone cable tucked out of harms way.  guitar cables are cheap to replace, and easy to repair, the RS cable isnt. 

here is a pic of my pedalboard, the aby switch can be seen at the top right side.  feel free to pm me with any questions.. im more than happy to help anyway i can

IMG_0129.JPG?_subject_uid=269586523&w=AA

http://media.musiciansfriend.com/is/image/MMGS7/ABY1-Guitar-Footswitch/423062000000000-00-750x750.jpg

• Like 1

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

• 2 weeks later...

amp all set up as is the aby switch , thanks once again for your input Izzyhttp://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah142/Doug_N_Shaz_Brooks/IMG_20150202_190349_zps0vkesne1.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

When I play RS2014 via the laptop I use (1) headphones when learning a song in slow down mode or (2) "Y splitter" into used POD HD500 that feeds a Line6 15w amp when I play a song at full speed. Not a great amp but that POD HD500 is loads of fun to toy with

My Youtube channel is basically a list of Rocksmith's easiest songs because those are the only ones I can play.  :P

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMV9RfoApHM5Zmi1CobqTJw

• 2 months later...