Pruitt1962

Hello everyone, like many, I'll use this thread to post beta versions of RS2014 CDLC for Testing to be sure they are working, and ready to be added to the database here at The Forge.

I'll also use this thread to announce songs as I am working on them.

CDLC's that are working to the best of my knowledge

The Beatles - Hey Bulldog

I am finishing up my very first CDLC, and I need some help with testing it. Mostly the Lead Guitar part, as I don't currently have a guitar here. If anyone is willing to help, it would be appreciated. Mostly I am concerned with the Mix levels, and the Tone I used. But any other constructive comments are welcomed as well. Thanks! :)

There is very little guitar during the verses. It is mostly in the Intro, Choruses, Interlude, and Outro.

The song does have a bass track as well, but I've been able to test that myself. I know I need to edit the bass parts early on in a couple of places, as the GP Tab I used was not totally accurate. I plan to do that shortly. But please feel free to play that too, and comment on it as well. ;)

The Beatles - Hey Bulldog

Both tracks do have generated DD on them, so comments on that, and how RR works for you when playing the file, are also welcomed!

Thanks!! :)

I got 83% twice in a row on lead. I can hear how the B (Yellow 2) following open D (Blue 0) sounds correct. When I learned the song though, I never noticed it, so it was almost crippling to try and hit it. :D

RR works, the outro passages seemed a wee bit long, but I wouldn't bother trying to shorten them on this song, but maybe consider it on later songs.

(DD didn't drop down for me, cause hey I'm an expert player and all that (yes of course, lol))

I played on my tele's neck humbucker and it sounded quite decent. (as a minor, minor quibble you might want a bit more gain, and/or bump up the fuzz, but subtly, because your tone already sounds good) 

I also tried the lead arrangement on my bridge singe coil, but it didn't sound full enough, so I kept wanting to hit an overdrive pedal.

(But I think it was played on an SG, so dialing it in for humbuckers is the logical choice)

...my semi-final opinion, I'd tell you to not make any big changes, just little tweaks if you feel you have to.

I've got to restring my bass in the next week or so, but will try to check back, and give feedback on the bass too.

• Like 1

md_sig-e1431714006358.jpg

I've actually been working on this but gave up since no bass tabs are near correct as you've seen (I'm really anal about my McCartney basslines).  Plus I couldn't find a decent tone for the lead guitar.  I'm with Mad_Duck on this, the clean tone works well here, I like the sound of it, but it seems to need some overdrive or a little fuzz on it..  I wish I could explain but I couldn't figure the biting tone out myself. Also I think the lead was charted wrong in the outro (another reason I sort of gave up on it, something just sounded off).  I did get the vocals done with the banter at the end (where McCartney says "don't look at me man, I only have ten children") if you want to incorporate it into your custom, here is the ,XML for the vocals, it should match up with a little tweaking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw1viuBmD0SENk5oYUg1U1BRVDg/edit?usp=sharing

You're more than welcome to it, if it helps.I have several of these songs that are kicking my ###.  I'd love to see this one finished.

• Like 1

I've actually been working on this but gave up since no bass tabs are near correct as you've seen (I'm really anal about my McCartney basslines).  Plus I couldn't find a decent tone for the lead guitar.  I'm with Mad_Duck on this, the clean tone works well here, I like the sound of it, but it seems to need some overdrive or a little fuzz on it..  I wish I could explain but I couldn't figure the biting tone out myself. Also I think the lead was charted wrong in the outro (another reason I sort of gave up on it, something just sounded off).  I did get the vocals done with the banter at the end (where McCartney says "don't look at me man, I only have ten children") if you want to incorporate it into your custom, here is the ,XML for the vocals, it should match up with a little tweaking.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw1viuBmD0SENk5oYUg1U1BRVDg/edit?usp=sharing

You're more than welcome to it, if it helps.I have several of these songs that are kicking my ###.  I'd love to see this one finished.

Thanks, I'll download that, and check it out. Much appreciated.

I'm hoping to find time to try and fix that Bass Tab that was included in the GP file today. We'll see how lucky I get. haha...

In any case, thanks for taking the time to comment. It is appreciated. Hopefully I can find some time to play through some of your Beatles CDLC too. There's a lot of great songs there that you posted here earlier today. hehe... :)

K I just played it, and it plays great! There were a few runs in there that sounded like shit, but I'm pretty much positive that it was down to my playing. This is one of those Beatles songs like And Your Bird Can Sing that is going to take me months to pull up to 97%+. It' never the songs by them that I expect to be the hard ones. Like Obla-di Obla-da - omfg that's a tricky song to pull off right.

Thanks for this, man, this'll give me something to chew on :)

• Like 1

"When we were young the world was like a vision - the colours and the sounds they took our breath away. But now we watch it all on television while eating processed meat out of a plastic tray." -NoMeansNo

My Customs

K I just played it, and it plays great! There were a few runs in there that sounded like shit, but I'm pretty much positive that it was down to my playing. This is one of those Beatles songs like And Your Bird Can Sing that is going to take me months to pull up to 97%+. It' never the songs by them that I expect to be the hard ones. Like Obla-di Obla-da - omfg that's a tricky song to pull off right.

Thanks for this, man, this'll give me something to chew on :)

Glad you enjoyed it, Deratio. It is a heck'uva fun song to play. Especially on bass. :)

Once I re-Tab those incorrect fills that were in the GP Bass tab, and look at the Guitar Outro section, as I recall needing to re-tab some of that too (I just did a copy and paste there to fill in what was missing), then I'll post the updated version probably. Oh yeah, I need to figure out how to add slides by hand in EoF today too. There's that one slide up the bass does in the Outro I never was able to tab correctly, because I couldn't figure out how to add the slide in EoF. So I just left it as a sustain until I could learn how to do it. haha...

But thank you very much for comments. Hopefully I'll get this thing the way I want it soon. I want to start on another. hahaha... :)

• Like 1

Slides: for an unpitched slide: select the note->ctrl+u->set the ending fret->scroll your mousewheel to extend the slide just like you would a sustain.

For a pitched slide do the same, but instead of ctrl+u you press ctrl+up arrow or down arrow (depending on the direction of the slide)

There were a few fast 2-fret slides in the song that you hadn't added any length to, so they appear as a wierd little line. Easily fixed though.

• Like 1

"When we were young the world was like a vision - the colours and the sounds they took our breath away. But now we watch it all on television while eating processed meat out of a plastic tray." -NoMeansNo

My Customs

Slides: for an unpitched slide: select the note->ctrl+u->set the ending fret->scroll your mousewheel to extend the slide just like you would a sustain.

For a pitched slide do the same, but instead of ctrl+u you press ctrl+up arrow or down arrow (depending on the direction of the slide)

There were a few fast 2-fret slides in the song that you hadn't added any length to, so they appear as a wierd little line. Easily fixed though.

Thanks, Deratio. That helps a lot! :)

Yeah, I knew I had to edit some of those slides still. Just forgot to do it. It's my age-addled brain exposing me again (eh, who am I kidding, other substances have aided in that over the years too). hahaha.... :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...

So ask for a Tester, allright here i'm.

That'S definitely not my kind of music.

But i played it and everything works good. Even the Bass Track seems to work in there somehow. I can't say if the Tabs are Correct i never learned that song. But it works how it is.

Thanks Olorin. I appreciate the feedback. Thank you very much for giving it a run through.

• Administrator

After playing the lead part here is my feedback :

Shorter section, inside the riff repeater we have to wait during some long no guitar part.

There is one slide starting from the 12th fret on the high E that is not correct.The phrases of the lyrics are off.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

After playing the lead part here is my feedback :

Shorter section, inside the riff repeater we have to wait during some long no guitar part.

There is one slide starting from the 12th fret on the high E that is not correct.The phrases of the lyrics are off.

Thank you for taking the time to test, and post your feedback, Firekorn. It is very much appreciated. I'm a bassist, so feedback on the guitar parts are what I was most looking for. I should have soem time thsi weekend to finally go back and reinstall all the CDLC Tools on this new PC, and look at tweaking the reported issues. Then I can create an updated version that might be closer to being ready to finally post to the database for this. Thanks again! :)