Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 45

Mortalo

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I didn't try to remove the DD. The Solo in lead seems pretty hard, so I try this at first :)

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140903/f9ac6ebb.jpg

sounds relaxing, but it's a worse note detection here

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Injured my wrist so been out for the past 2 weeks :(.  However, it seems like I've recovered a bit and am really excited to be playing again!  

Will be slowly ramping up :)

http://i.imgur.com/znB5Ybe.jpg

P.S. - Does anyone have any tips on wrist/finger stretches I can do?   :( getting wrist/join pains and finger stiffness still. 

@@rickcsong Check out the first section from John Petruccis' Rock Discipline. I took my stretching warmup from there and feel a lot better when I get going because of it.

• Like 2
Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

@@storm20200 That warmup is cool, doing it as well. Additionally that dvd was made as a cdlc.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

But other than that, here it is. The solo is literally Satan. 

EDIT: Completely unrelated (and also shameless) if you actually want to listen to any of the jumbled pieces I create that you would call music, go here: https://soundcloud.com/brandon-bumgarner-1

SHAMELESS SELF PROMOTION IS ACTUALLY FULL OF SHAME.

Hi Sir B!

Nice thou art back!

You r right - absolutely shameless and though been waited for extremely!

Thx for sharing, its a pity i cant hear a tone from smash mouse - there is so much noise in the hotel bathing area, and for some reason they all wont shut tf up - argh how i hate all those ignorants :), and i left my earphones upstairs... damn, but just a short delay :)

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

The LeadZombies are pulling my nerves ;)

Constant 96.5 %...

That slide e->G between the muted Es gives me constant misses - funny fact i get a 100% hits on them in RR and i swear i play them exactly the same!!!!

Gonna fight em again this eve hopefully!

Tried to add autoDD with the toolkit ( for easy perfection checking ) but as a result the line with the sections was completely gone :) (!)

Any idea???

Could anyone do a working DD ver quickly?

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Got my Bass strung up and DT imo is easier to play than Zombie on bass. I used emulated in my last comment on it. It just feels right on a the bass compared to the emulated. Dont know how else to explain it but to show my increased score.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309768816

@Peon - Is a very fun song to play. I have quite a few play through and its no less fun now than the first time i played it. its probably more fun now that i know whats coming next in the song. I may be able to play it without RS showing me the notes.... that would be odd.

mini imp..

blacksun%20l9.jpg?psid=1

• Like 1

fighting those undeads till death !?

blacksun%20l10.jpg?psid=1

• Like 3

@@Rodman Doing great, better than me and it was my pick....Im still less than a year into the guitar though. You speak as if you know more than me.

I know nothing, though that for sure !!!

I bought a few guitars bout 15 years back while studying, played a little but couldnt force myself to constant practice so last 10

years no guitar in my hands...

Then a few weeks ago i stumbled upon RS, while searching for CDLC stumbled upon the CS, well and here i am for 6 weeks now i think, and i am not leaving :) :) :)

Honestly this is the thing i need to do my practice and improve my skills, cant do serious practice on a random song, but no problem doin 100 runs while competing for a 100% in the contest. Only matter is short time, tight schedule... Thats why i would prefer a 2 week schedule....

Regarding your pick: thanks for that - shouldnt have ignored Rob all the time -

Really fun to play, really improving my precision, and i am fighting hard for a 99+ to leave the beginners column litteraly years before i was hoping for... Though due to time issues might not gonna happen...

R.

Update  :)

http://i.imgur.com/ud4mKt5.jpg

great job, that's 1 or 2 notes missed... now I have to try the 100% :)

• Like 1
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

This is the first time I've tried to participate in a Championship.  I wanted to try playing just one song all week long and only one song (did some Castle Chordead too).  I think that either 1) I'm way too noob for this, or 2)  I picked the wrong week to try the Championship.  I feel like I could eventually play Black Sunshine, but no way in one week.  I know I can't do the challenge on the song.  I'd miss too many notes to get through.  I'm getting home from work late tomorrow night, but I'll try to play it once through at 100% speed and post the score no matter how bad it is.

Damn that's fast (for me).

@@Yippee38 Welcome there. Post your score, with full difficult bars. And i hope you will continue challenge. Next week will maybe have 4 class. And if you real beginner, you will feel comfortable in beginner class. Now the song for beginner more intermediate than beginner. Also add a song what you want to play in challenge in to song selection list, and try assess difficult all path (if it possible for you), and then you will have big chance for choiced your a song  (so as participants not want or lazy to fill difficult they a choiced song) :)

@@Yippee38 Welcome there. Post your score, with full difficult bars. And i hope you will continue challenge. Next week will maybe have 4 class. And if you real beginner, you will feel comfortable in beginner class. Now the song for beginner more intermediate than beginner. Also add a song what you want to play in challenge in to song selection list, and try assess difficult all path (if it possible for you), and then you will have big chance for choiced your a song  (so as participants not want or lazy to fill difficult they a choiced song) :)

I probably won't participate next week as I'll be at ProgPower USA.  I'll try to participate the following week though.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=309950237 Bit more improvement. Riff repeating a fair amount for practice to memorise the sections but to get the pace I'm finding I'm improving by playing the full song through repeatedly rather than practicing it slowly and speeding up. fret hand stamina is getting better too... might need to start wearing a sweatband though, embrace the Dire Straits :)

• Like 4

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

@@Yippee38 Don't feel you are to beginner to play here. I have never won or even come close to winning the Beginner challenge. Actually some of my scores are quite pathetic at 50-60's on lead. For me its not about winning its about playing songs I may never have tried before and feeling good when I can post a worthy score and then post again with a higher score.

You have to play for your own reasons but don't think you are to new to be involved, everyone starts somewhere. BTW Blink 182 Rhythm is probably the easiest thing to play this week. Sorry about the Zombie. It is probably a bit fast for beginners and a bad pick on my part even though I know how much the bassist are loving the workout:) Most weeks it is more tame then my pick. I just like speed metal...

• Like 4

mini imp

blacksun%20l11.jpg?psid=1

might not gonna make it, but as u c i wont stop till time runs out...

frustration MM attempt:

blacksun%20m1.jpg?psid=1

• Like 2

Beginner: White Zombie - Black Sunshine (Chosen by @Tonedef )

http://i.imgur.com/fPqOLfG.jpg

Intermediate: Blink 182 - After Midnight (Chosen by @SirBlambleOfGam )

http://i.imgur.com/N7abZtu.jpg

Masterclass:  Dream Theater - The Spirit Carries On (Chosen by @NoonyDeloony )

Fixed tones (Dream Theater)  link

http://i.imgur.com/f68H9bS.jpg

Conclusion

---------------

I had Black Sunshine in my library for a while which you'd think would help me get better at it. Well its not an easy song so i didn't do as good as on the intermediate side. Talking about intermediate song, it was quite fun to play! If its around 90% on my final score it means I did really good on it and found it interesting. (Black sunshine is a fun song but bit hard for my taste, which means nothing).

I got to say that i have two Dream Theater songs in my library and somehow both are stuck on 70.something (i have Pull Me Under and this one). The song itself was fun but really hard to play. (solos in Dream Theater songs get me 2/2 times,  cant write 10/10 cause i havent played ten of their songs)

Fun stuff.

• Like 2

I've been playing my lovely Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (yes, the bundle guitar) since December of 2013. So far I've been more than enjoying the ride and i love playing.

If you're reading this and you make custom DLC, thank you as i enjoy getting CDLC!