Locked Discussion about extra class "Advanced"

Motive

Additional class  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Add 4th extra class "Advanced" ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Change one week challenge, to two week challenge?

• Yes
    • No

OK that seems fair, I tell you what though I'm sick of people not putting proper sections in their songs. I was really looking forward to a week of The Clansman because it's really fun but I just tested the RR and it only has two sections on bass! I think I'll test all of my suggestions fully before putting them on the list so I don't keep wasting your time.

Few / no sections is a common "lack of polish" problem on lots of customs, especially first versions.  I've been guilty of it myself.  One quick solution would be to run the song through DDC; it automatically divides it up into sections.  The divisions aren't as intelligent as a person with a human brain going through and actually marking out sections/phrases, but at least you get something usable.  

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@, @@Mortalo :

As reference rating could you please quickly rate this weeks songs.

How are the classes gonna be divided? Beg 1-3, Int 4,5, adv 6,7, Mc 8-10 ?!

Thx,

R.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Rodman look Song selection list, page FSSL. Now rate set 1-3, 4-6, 7-8, 9-10. But it not rigid division.  An example: if we have not song for beginner class 1-3, we choose a song with rate 4, same for MC, if have not song with rate 9-10 , will be choose a song with rate 8. 

all clear, thx

i am gonna add some more stuff hopefully these says...

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

@@Rodman Rate for WZ lead 5, bass 8. DT lead 9, bass 7. blink bass 1, rhythm 3, lead 5

and thats what i neededto read!

Thx, totally agree, maybe besides Blink Bass 2 cause there are lots slower parts without powerchords,

Regards,

R.

@@Rodman Yes, you're right with that power chords. Beginner Bass players are not used to power chords. I know how much trouble power chords were giving my bro in GH, even though he was able to play some songs really well (he was bass only).

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I'm terrible with chords on guitar.  On bass (my main instrument by a LONG ways) I can handle power chords OK, but they still make a song a few notches more difficult than a song without in my opinion.

I rated the Blink 182 song a 3 for difficulty, based on a scale of 1 = Black Magic (4 notes in the entire song) to 10 = something crazy like high-end Rush.

Most Linkin Park songs (bass parts anyway) would be a 1 on my scale -- few notes, mostly on 1 or 2 strings, often with long sustains or very straightforward beat / strum pattern.  The Blink 182 song this week matches that for most of the song, but the fast sequential powerchord sections, plus fast progressing through those powerchords in several different locations on the fretboard + switching strings is enough to knock it up to a 3 in my opinion.  That's all subjective though.

...And it fits in the beginner category whether we rate it as 1 (like Motive), 2 (like you @Rodman), or 3 (like me).  So, good enough I figure.  :)

• Like 3

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

I'm terrible with chords on guitar.  ...

...And it fits in the beginner category whether we rate it as 1 (like Motive), 2 (like you @Rodman), or 3 (like me).  So, good enough I figure.  :)

1 - i dont believe a word you say ;)

2 - Agreed, i just had to ask cause we all shoulda start on a common basis on the new scale...

• Like 1

METAL / ALT CHAMPIONSHIP...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

2 weeks challenge? I think it's a good idea!

Unfortunately I have only few minutes a week to compete, so an extra week would be very welcome!

Add an extra class, I don't know...

3 songs are enough IMO.

3 songs mean most of the time: 3 lead, 3 rythm, 3 bass Its not so bad isn't it?

I think that 3 songs every 2 weeks would Improve a lot of things.

Thanks to moderators for trying to make it better and better.

30 members have voted (!) - it's 50:50 about the 2 weeks!!!

Are we gonna give it a try for two times and vote again afterwards which is best as we have about no experience with the 2week schedule!?

I honestly don't believe that 2 weeks lays in nature of Championship. And with results close like that, we will most likely pass on that idea. At least for some time.

• Like 1

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I think as Mortalo. For all a song 2 weeks challenge  will not accepted. It much down  intensity challenge and a lot participants begin relaxing and lost interest in wc. Also it much down number of a new songs, i know, for many participants it important factor. Also 2 wc did not help win, those who have little time for practice, because those who have time, get yet more time for practice. Stuck with unlike a song for 2 week too is very bad for all.

So i again offer idea (it seems was mislaid in a lot posts), as possible compromise for all. 

Select one a song from 4  choices for wc, using vote in first a post of topic WC.

So we can leave one a good song for 2 weeks. It will good for those who want 2 week challenge. And not a great loss for those who wan`t.

For 1 wc for 3 class we has ~12 a new songs in Month.

For 1 wc for 4 class could be ~16 a new songs in Month.

If we did 2 wc for 4 class it will only 8 a new songs. 

With voting about one a song, for 2 week in 4 class we can to have  ~14 a songs. As seen pace still increase.

There is only one question as would be more good choices a song for 2 week? 

System vote have 2 mode, first it is only one choice, second is multichoice.
  • Like 2

I think it'd be better to just stick to a one week for all songs, unless you do it for them all it just seems more confusing and unnecessary.

Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

• Administrator

well it works for you in organising everything, i'm not against this idea of choosing one song to be a 2 week challenge as we kinda did for Jump In The Fire but i'm not sure it is worth the time you will spend on this but it is a good compromise.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

As said rodman, why not give a try to the "2 weeks challenge" for all songs?

It doesn't cost anything and then we could vote again...

P.S: Despite the 2 weeks challenge is better (for me...), I really think both way are ok, so it's not a big deal... :)

@@storm20200 Thanks for speaking for me even though the "I think" says you were speaking for yourself. I agree, all or nothing on the 2 week challenge. Nothing is stopping people from playing songs longer than a week on there own if they don't have the time to do it in the week challenge.

Having one song and lets say its in my class, now because it is 2 weeks long I have to compete on 2 songs for a week because one is on its second week and I have a new song to compete on.

If anything the 2 week needs its own class or if it does extend to 2 weeks the "winner" at week 1 should be posted and those who want to play the second week can continue to post but it wont take the "win" away from the 1 week "winner"

Disclaimer - The views expressed above are of written by me of my own free will with no influence from outside source and are strictly my opinions. I am sober at the time of this written statement.

• Like 2

Just wanted to drop the idea that we should store all the played songs from the new SSL with the detailed difficulty description. (Which is probably done anyway...)

Also I thought it would be good to reevaluate the exact difficulty of the current song during the challenge week.

People should give other numbers if they disagree with the rating, and at the end of the week the mods could write the final numbers in the list (based on their overall impression of the feedback - no need for complicated votings 'n stuff).

This way we can make sure that with every week we play we get a growing list of songs to reference to!

Another idea:

We don't have an "approved" section, but the championship is the closesed thing, since we only play songs of very good quality (even though lyrics and DD are not necessary).

So the person who proposed a song should leave a comment about the championship in the search database entry, together with the final difficulty rating. If the charter wants to, he can then note this in his description:

Approved by the Customsforge Championship!

Difficulty rating (Easy = 1, Hard =10)

Lead: XX

Rhythm: YY

Bass: ZZ

• Like 2

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

@@Tonedef Sorry i bad undertood what you saying. It must work, so as it was with a  song Metallica. A song after one week challenge, stayed yet at one week, in that class not appered new a song for second of the week. And winner will be only in the end second of the week.

@@Azrael Good idea. it not suitable for all a songs, but for must will be helpfull for all in future. (Example, now a song by  Dream theatre is bad cdlc, this cdlc not approved in default state, and not appear in this list)

@ So now if its my class is picked I go without a song at all for a week. My option with this change went from 2 songs to no songs on the second week. I am not sure which is worse. I know which is better, 1 song!

You can keep explaining it all you want but you are suggesting to impose a change that only half the people want on the basis it worked once before when the 1 week challenge works every week...

This has gone from a vote to a debate though. At 50% both ways nothing should change. 50.1%(or more) is always needed in every situation I can think on to make a change. Make a spoof account and vote again so its not a tie. Hey it works here in the states when dead people vote.

Regardless, this is not a debate so I am done speaking on the matter.

@ - i think your idea with the vote about optional prolongation of a song (or is it gonna be path rather??!) is a great compromise.