Locked Discussion about extra class "Advanced"

Motive

Additional class  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Add 4th extra class "Advanced" ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Change one week challenge, to two week challenge?

• Yes
    • No

Lets go discussion and voting about extra class.

Added extra class on border Intermediate and MasterClass. There must be a songs with hard but possible learning most parts of the song, without long crazy solo, or a lot complicated chords, not  crazy fast.

More hard song put in MC, and learn it two week.

Current Intermediate will must be more easy, with real possible learning all part even with errors, but with feels like it possible learn :)

Beginner class without a changes.

Please vote and write your opinion, to make the championship interesting for all

Im waiting opinions @Mortalo. He do all hard work now, and extra class will added much more work with organization.

Personally, I would find it much more important to have a separate song selection for each path (lead / rhythm / bass) than to add another level. Because difficulty levels are often not the same on the separate arrangements, and if you add another class, that will only make it worse :)

I already saw you mentioning that such a split would also be too much effort, which I can understand. To compensate, I would be fine if the competition would, as a general rule for all classes, always last two weeks instead of one. For me personally, two weeks are a much better time frame to get to know a song and have a chance to practice it.

• Like 7

Rocksmith to Guitar Pro exporter: http://www.rocksmithtotab.de

Yes to Advanced, but I'd prefer a greater choice of songs to play in any one competition week.

Also that it was over 2 weeks instead of 1. The second week could even be to move your knowledge of a song into MasterMode (to really learn it)..

At least if there are more songs to choose from (lets face it, we all have different tastes) you would have more people playing in any one week.. You could also try more than one song over the two weeks; if you had the time..  :)

• Like 1

"separate song selection for each path"

That was already discussed, that's too much work, not only with preparing week but also with maintaning championship.

As long as @ can help me we checking songs, I'm okay with another class between Int-MC. I think that there is plenty songs too hard for beg, but maybe not enough difficult for Int. Decreasing Int difficulty and adding new class, with sort of Angry Again/Trooper level of complexity - I have no problems with that (though we will see :) ).

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

I agree with @Hostilian, learn a song and learn to play a song, it is two big difference. When i try play without RS, i can`t anything play, it so stupid and shame :) 

May be  2 week will give opportunity real learn a song and free time for play other a song. Now i can`t to find time for play other a songs. I bought Bachsmith, "No doubt", "Garbage" and other DLC and no once not play it :) all free time practice with song WC.

And yes separate each path, it is unreal dream :)  It would be very complicated for all.

• Like 1

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

I think everybody would be better off with 2 week intervals for most of us have lots to do aside...

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

I agree with cabalistic that it would be nice to have different song selections for each track, but I can also see how that would be way too much work to deal with.

I think that adding a 4th tier (advanced) is a good compromise move that would hopefully be much easier to manage.  However, I think that it will be tough to consistently make a list of 4 songs that people agree are correctly sorted into tiers of beginner -> intermediate -> advanced -> master.  Especially across each of the 3 different paths of lead, rhythm, and bass.  For example, the lead guitar part of "Through the Fire and Flames" by Dragonforce might be very very high end Master Class, but on bass the song is actually pretty easy if you can handle the tempo; not technically challenging at all.  On the other hand, "Get Lucky" by Daft Punk is much more technically challenging on bass, but probably not terribly difficult in the guitar parts.

That is already a concern now with just three classes / tiers.  I know that I always feel reluctant to add songs to the selection list since all I can really judge are the bass parts -- I can look at guitar parts but don't trust myself to accurately assign them a difficulty.

I do quite like the idea of having the challenge songs rotate every 2 weeks -- I have a busy schedule and having the extra time would help me actually devote some more time to the song(s) I want to focus on, instead of frequently just getting a first playthrough on each song and then not getting any time to actually develop beyond that...

So, I guess overall I'm slightly in favor but basically ambivalent about adding a 4th tier (advanced), but 100% in favor of challenges lasting 2 weeks.

• Like 4

-----------------------------

Milkman Dan

My YouTube channel  (bass playthrough videos)

My Customs Download Folder  (my customs)

For me I'd say an extra class would be incredibly useful to bridge the common gap between Intermediate and Masterclass, the jump can be absolutely staggering so it would allow Intermediate to get away from the really hard stuff, I honestly can't imagine trying to learn The Trooper for example. It would also mean those who are in Masterclass limbo can play stuff at their level instead of struggling with ridiculous solos and techniques which have been perfected over years of playing.

As for two weeks I'd like it to be one week so that people aren't out off too badly by songs they don't like. Unfortunately on the other hand with Uni starting again next month I don't think I'd have to time to learn one song very well in a single week. For those who work or have University I think it'd be better if we had two weeks for songs.

• Like 1
Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

For those who work or have University I think it'd be better if we had two weeks for songs.

Add school to that and you've probably got 99% of people here..  ;)

I'd love to have certain classic songs - you know the ones; Stairway, Back in Black, Enter Sandman, Sweet Child etc etc etc - to be permanently open in their own topic as (I dont know about you) these classic songs are ones I'd like to dip into, er, all the time to learn properly. 

If I can do it online with others with the same goals then great..  :)

For those who work or have University I think it'd be better if we had two weeks for songs.

Add school to that and you've probably got 99% of people here..  ;)

I'd love to have certain classic songs - you know the ones; Stairway, Back in Black, Enter Sandman, Sweet Child etc etc etc - to be permanently open in their own topic as (I dont know about you) these classic songs are ones I'd like to dip into, er, all the time to learn properly.

If I can do it online with others with the same goals then great..  :)

I think that would be a loud and horrible can of worms to open, you'd have people complaining that their "classic" doesn't have its own topic and before you know it we'll have loads of them and no one to monitor them all.

Gear:

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

I think that MasterClass is the easiest one to select. You can't level up to the next class, so even if one arrangement is simple, it won't launch participants into too difficult territories next week. If it has very tough bass but easy lead? It can go into MC.

2 weeks vs 1 week is tricky, Like @@storm20200 said, people can be stuck with songs they don't like, which can be painful and dissatisfying.

• Like 1

@@Hostilian Someone would still have to manage it so I don't see Motive or Mortalo being receptive to the idea.

@@Mortalo @ I'm seeing an overwhelming majority for adding the Advanced class. I don't know how long you're planning on running this poll and discussion but I'd recommend waiting until at least the end of next week before changing anything, just so as many people get a chance as possible.

• Like 1
Gear:

My systems: 

I imagine you'd at least want some kind of leaderboard for comparison purposes. I guess the topic poster could be in charge of that. The authorities would have to weigh in their thoughts for that one. Calling the organisers "authorities" feels weird.

Gear:

My systems: 

• Administrator

I'm not really for a 4th class, I see why people want to see it added, but I also see that first you need to be able to select the song that goes into the correct difficulties, it's always difficult with only 3 classes, doing it with 4 will be even harder. Then we need to have songs to play into all difficulties all the time, when you get ride of all the unwanted tuning (lower than D standard) and all already played, it can become really hard to find songs most people are interested in for all 4 classes.

And I like the fact that difficulties can vary a lot inside one classes, it allow you to see more precisely what your level is, if you can play easy int but not the harder it shows you that you might not be ready to jump to MC full time.

And that goes with my vote to keep at one week, I'm not here to learn a song, I'm here to discover and try to see how far I can go in a limited amount of time, if that time is too long, I will loose interested in trying again the songs, this last weeks I was pushing myself trying MasterMode as a second playthrough and sometimes, it did works fine! That's great but the fact that the MasterMode isn't really put as a master goal in the championship doesn't make people try it. Having two weeks will just satisfy people that want to go deep into the songs, but most of your learning is already done in the 2 or 3 first run, after that you will have to memorize more complex elements of the song and it will take even more than 2 weeks for the MC to really start seeing the improvement.

At the moment in one hour I can play through all the 3 songs in all 3 path, adding one weeks to that won't change anything in a good way for me, it will just make the songs turnover slower.

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

+1 both votes...

- 2 weeks:

Oh i wish i was back @ university or school :) - just wait till you got a time consuming job, family with 2 kids and then you look back and compare the spare time for hobbies ;)

For me, and i am a bloody beginner one week is quite unsatifying most of the time. Though having stopped all other activities aside and thus getting 60-90 mins 3-4 times a week aint enough to master my classes song, absolutely no time to really learn the next classes song.

And i think i am not alone...

I have checked the leaderboard from the beginnings yesterday and if you look back only a few months lets say to week 15 about all the competitors have left (!) - so why is it. Not enough challenge? - probably not! No motivation - i dont think so... I fear it´s the no time to get it done in a proper way situation which could be solved by doubling the time.

Right now 2nd week ´tallica still heavy competition going on.

For the question if any class should be held for 2 weeks or only mc - from a beginners pov i gotta say who is gonna need more time to get their song straight and make it sound good (even on a real amp (which you should)) a master or a beginner, besides and for me that is really important - if there was more time we would have the opportunity to play a bit of our purchased DLC and all the other gr8 songs we wanna learn...

For the argument you might be stuck in a song you hate for 2 weeks - well 4 classes will give you like always a second song at least playable for your suitings...

- 4 classes:

From a beginners pov who will most probably never reach mc 2 classes in between would be wonderful - if there is enough competition!

- more players:

...does not mean we have to do massive propaganda, players are joining every week. What is needed to be done is keep them competing by as stated above maybe giving them more time, and i really think the badges in the avatar region Joey was talking about to the board admins would be a huge motivation - showing gold, silver, bronce for each class/arangement for the reigning champs.

@Motive@Mortalo maybe you could ask again if there is a chance to get those... besides the motivation would be an excellent advertisment for the contest to every active forum member.

Nuf said,

R.

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-

Poll will run as long as it will be needed for all to voice their opinion, so don't worry :)

I believe that the reason for Championship to happen was to see how good scores you can get/how much you can learn in one week, not to learn the songs properly. You can still play and learn songs after the week ends. My cousin, when I stated that I don't have time for something, told me that if I would really want to do it, I would find time. While I know that it can be difficult, with work, school or family, 10 minutes to play the song once shouldn't be impossible.

@@Hostilian I was thinking about what you said. I told to myself: "Oh, that would be just like in game leaderboards", and thne it struck me - steam leaderboards are working for cdlc. While it's only Score Attack and no % or streak, it serves the same purpose :)

• Like 1

Yep, fair enough. A competition is just that, a competition. 1 week is probably best for this purpose..

When you're learning you want something more though. I personally want to improve my skills and learn songs that I really want to play.

Concentrating on a competition, when I should be learning chords, scales and technique is maybe too much to fit into a week, so I guess (as a beginner/intermediate player) this format doesn't work for me - yet anyway.  :unsure:

Personally I find the competition to be fantastic, when I'm busy or tired I just play RS like Rock Band, pick a song, play it, move on to another song. I never really concentrate on learning properly and as such my skills probably suffer for it.

The competition gives me a goal, a song to concentrate on for a good reason, thus improving my ability to learn and my accuracy and clarity. Making customs is also a good way to learn too. When you're looking at the same notes for hours it really drills it into you.

• Like 4
Gear:

My systems: 

What he said ^^^.

If it ain't broke, why try and fix it? Prior to joining the comp i was doing the same as storm20200 - skimming through CDLC to find a song i liked, then attempting to play it. When it got too hard i just found another song rather than focusing on the hard parts and trying to improve on them.

Everyone has different tastes in music and if the comp was extended to two weeks, i suspect a few players will get bored if the song is not to their liking (i know i would), so for this reason i'd leave it at one week.

As for the extra class, i'm not really for or against. My only concern would be the extra load on the mods. But again....if it ain't broke......

No extra load on he mods when we go 4 classes / 2 weeks

Personally I find the competition to be fantastic, when I'm busy or tired I just play RS like Rock Band, pick a song, play it, move on to another song. I never really concentrate on learning properly and as such my skills probably suffer for it.

The competition gives me a goal, a song to concentrate on for a good reason, thus improving my ability to learn and my accuracy and clarity. Making customs is also a good way to learn too. When you're looking at the same notes for hours it really drills it into you.

Same situation here - gives me a so needed goal to improve on one or two specific given songs .

For me the extra week would be a clear benefit to push the score and my skills further instead of starting over again.

I have one idea for 2 week challenge.

How it see now votes for 2 week is 50/50. I think, 2 week for all songs will not accepted.

But how alternative variant for those who want 2 week, we can put in every the topic WC voting about a songs that participants want learn 2 week. And at next the week, stay one a song that got more votes ( and an example a song that got more 50% votes of total count all participants in appropriative class ) for next week in same class, for continue challenge. 

Look like:

Vote a song for 2 week:

1. White Zombie - Black Sunshine 

2. Blink 182 - After Midnight 

3. Dream Theater - The Spirit Carries On

4. No one.

Please post your thoughts and suggestion about it.

About Advanced class, now we have not enough a quality songs for start. And i not sure what we will have. I spent one evening for testing a songs from "Song selection list". I checked ~10 a songs (all path play once, RR, tones), and only 4 a songs was good for challenge. If all participants will continued to add not suitable a songs in to "song selection List", "Advanced" class possible, unfortunately, never will accepted.

• Like 1