How can i get my requests made quicker?

smokeymcpot25

Question

ive got quite a few classic songs on request that i thought others would like and presumed they would have been made quite quickly, is there a way to get them noticed more? i would also like a lot more of killswitch engage stuff and plenty more five finger death punch especially cold, remember everything, house of the rising sun and dot your eyes. if anybody can do a few cdlc for me or point me in the right direction of someone who would it would be greatly appreciated thanks! \m/(>.<)\m/

7 answers to this question

Have you considered trying to learn yourself? Then you get around the problem of waiting for someone else to do it for you. It's quite interesting and easy.

• Like 2
Gear:

Chapman ML-1, Blackstar HT1

My systems: 

Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 2666MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1333MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro | Arch Linux

ive got quite a few classic songs on request that i thought others would like and presumed they would have been made quite quickly, is there a way to get them noticed more? i would also like a lot more of killswitch engage stuff and plenty more five finger death punch especially cold, remember everything, house of the rising sun and dot your eyes. if anybody can do a few cdlc for me or point me in the right direction of someone who would it would be greatly appreciated thanks! \m/(>.<)\m/

I'll be doing some Killswitch Engage stuff from Alive or Just Breathing soon :)

But yes, this is the best way (learn how to do it yourself and do it).

Here's the thing, there's a TON of requests, and not as many charters. Paying someone to do it is against the rules (would get eyes from Ubisoft pretty fast :) ) and for the time it takes its probably expensive. 

Some month's ago, I admired people able to chart songs in Gh, Rb, and even more in RS. I thought it was out of my reach, and finally I wanted the FFP Hard to See so badly, I took the adventerous path of Cdlc creation.

Now I know anybody can do it. Anybody who has the motivation to gather data about the song (tabs, lyrics, videos ...).

Best to start is a song not long (about 3min.), with a clear beat, regular easy rhythm and simple 2-3 chords and no bends, slides, or other ornements (like Linkin Park)

If you have Guitarpro6, you can save/export a tab with a unique tempo (bpm) as a wav song, and there you have a single track (eventually with a drum beat),where syncing is done and the bpm known (finding and adjusting the right bpm is often tedious)

If you find a decent tab, it takes an evening to get it running in RS. And it's a great feeling.

So why not give it a try?

Personally I spend about 30 hours on a song before I feel ready to release it. A lot of time goes into finalizing (detailed syncing, fret fingering, tones, accents, bends, tech notes, structuring, adding personal notes, experimenting), which most user's won't even notice.

• Like 1

Here's a tutorial that should be helpful. It is pretty straight forward once you get the hang of it. My first custom took me almost 2 weeks to chart, now I can chart a custom within 3 hours if I stay very focused. 

"Do you have to create the custom tone yourself through tone designer?" 

No technically you do not have to, but I don't see why you wouldn't, but you do have to create the tone in the Toolkit. Most people create a nice sounding tone in the tone designer then they just copy all of their settings to the toolkit.

After your first custom it will get much easier, trust me. Hope this helped

• Like 2

• Administrator

There's a bunch of tutorials available here covering many of the aspect of the creation there's also the chat if you really don't find what you want or need some pretty specific help on something. But i think the most important thing is to be patient especially when you start.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity