Download server and naming conventions?

Question

Hey, 

I don't know if this has been answered but why don't we have a dedicated download server rather than isolated file hosting? Is it just a cost issue?

Also, why isn't a standardized naming convention enforced? My CDLC folder is unreadable/sortable just because everyone names the file any which way they please.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

Hey, 

I don't know if this has been answered but why don't we have a dedicated download server rather than isolated file hosting? Is it just a cost issue?

Also, why isn't a standardized naming convention enforced? My CDLC folder is unreadable/sortable just because everyone names the file any which way they please.

A dedicated server is probably a cost issue, but maybe also a legal issue.

About names: You could only force a naming convention if charters had to upload their files to a dedicated host or something... but I totally agree with you about this problem.

When charters create the psarc with the Toolkit, the file is automatically named "Artist-Name_Song-Title_v_1_0_p.psarc" which is in my opinion the way how everybody should do it...

The thing I don't understand: Some charters put in the extra effort of renaming the file to something like "ArtistName_SongTitle_v1_0_p.psarc", which makes our folders look ugly!

A pretty alternative used quite often is "Artist Name - Song Title_v1_0_p.psarc". This would be worth discussing about, but because of the "_p.psarc" we won't get completely rid of underscores anyway.

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.